MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Super Mellow Yellow - Super tame use of Wretch Machine
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author Super Mellow Yellow - Super tame use of Wretch Machine
QuantumMechanakillWave
This is an improve track using a couple of homebrew devices (Volt AxXe and Wave Grinder) The Volt AxXe to control a Mini Moog Voyager XL and Metasonix Wretch Machine. The Voyager is then Processed with an EQD Avalanche Run. One side of the stereo out is going into an EQD Grand Orbiter and Disaster Transport SR. The other side is sent to An EQD Levitation Reverb and Afterneath. The synth is accompanied by an Elektron Analog Rytm and Octatrack. Rough Mix. The Wretch Machine is being used as a more mellow synth, and the Wave Grinder is being used to process the synth voices parallel to the EQD pedals.

Can you guess what voice is the Wretch? hmmm.....

[s]https://soundcloud.com/quantummechanakillwave/proxima-centauri[/s]
Mat
This is very good track man!.. I couldn't find the Wretch voice ... maybe because I don't have one ... lol

Nice work

Best,
Yes Powder
Noice! SlayerBadger!
I THINK I know which one is the Wretch, but not sure.

I love hearing more subtle uses of yellow.
QuantumMechanakillWave
Thanks guys!

The wretch was used as one oscillators in the main synth. I used rectangle wave audiolation and varied the pulsewidth based on the frequency to get it to track so well. I then sent the output of the wretch to the audio input of my moog voyager. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE playing it with the joystick, but there is something very satisfying about getting it to go against it's wild nature. Such a deep machine. I find awesome new tricks every time I use it!
Moog$FooL$
very nice. thanx. thumbs up

what are these...... "Volt AxXe and Wave Grinder" ?? confused
pulse_divider
http://www.deviantsynth.com/2015/09/27/the-volt-axxe/

Nice sounds Josh!
QuantumMechanakillWave
Moog$FooL$ wrote:
very nice. thanx. thumbs up

what are these...... "Volt AxXe and Wave Grinder" ?? confused

Thanks!

The Volt AxXe is a controller that I made. It can be seen here:
Volt AxXe

The Wave Grinder is a distortion circuit that I am messing with. I don't have much to show at this point. I will post about it in the DIY thread when I am finished.
QuantumMechanakillWave
pulse_divider wrote:
http://www.deviantsynth.com/2015/09/27/the-volt-axxe/

Nice sounds Josh!

Thanks Ben!
weinglas
Very nice and indeed very unusual for the wretch applause
metasonix
QuantumMechanakillWave wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE playing it with the joystick, but there is something very satisfying about getting it to go against it's wild nature.

And to think we put the joystick on it because people ranted "it has to have some kind of built-in controller or NO ONE WILL BUY IT" blah blah...... seriously, i just don't get it
Moog$FooL$
very groovy build mr. quantum........ keep'em coming. thumbs up
QuantumMechanakillWave
metasonix wrote:
QuantumMechanakillWave wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE playing it with the joystick, but there is something very satisfying about getting it to go against it's wild nature.

And to think we put the joystick on it because people ranted "it has to have some kind of built-in controller or NO ONE WILL BUY IT" blah blah...... seriously, i just don't get it

I am certainly glad that you did include the joystick! It sounds the craziest when controlled that way. At first I struggled to find a groove, but then I calibrated the oscillators to suit the joystick, and it fell completely into place for me. Great instrument. I get so many compliments on it.
sloth713
we're not worthy amazing stuff QuantumMechanakillWave, you truly know how to fully exploit your various instruments (especially the yellow ones).
QuantumMechanakillWave
sloth713 wrote:
we're not worthy amazing stuff QuantumMechanakillWave, you truly know how to fully exploit your various instruments (especially the yellow ones).

Thank you!

Hope to add more yellow to my arsenal in the near future!
Mosiej
not exactlyy sure? but def liking the subtle uses of yellow as well. Its easy to go bonkers on these modules but adding a bit of rubber to a patch goes a super long way. That tube pop is incredibly idiosyncratic and defies the binary lo-fi/hi-fi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1