MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Do I care about # of lines on a CRT? (a Sony PVM inquiry)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Do I care about # of lines on a CRT? (a Sony PVM inquiry)

f4c3v4lu3

Thus far in my video explorations, I've been using LCD monitors. Folks keep talking up CRTs for video feedback however, so I'm on the hunt for a small one to add to the setup.

I've been looking at Sony PVM monitors - specifically the 804x series and the 9Lx series. One thing I notice is that some of these monitors have 250 Tv Lines and others have 450. How much do I care about this? Will I notice a great improvement in video from the higher TV line count?

Also, does anyone have experience with any of the monitors in the above series? Any preferences or bad experiences?

Thanks!

Dirty_Bill

f4c3v4lu3 wrote:
Thus far in my video explorations, I've been using LCD monitors. Folks keep talking up CRTs for video feedback however, so I'm on the hunt for a small one to add to the setup.

I've been looking at Sony PVM monitors - specifically the 804x series and the 9Lx series. One thing I notice is that some of these monitors have 250 Tv Lines and others have 450. How much do I care about this? Will I notice a great improvement in video from the higher TV line count?

Also, does anyone have experience with any of the monitors in the above series? Any preferences or bad experiences?

Thanks!

No answers? I'll take a crack at this. Get the most lines of resolution you can afford. I fond the Trinitrons look great overall, and the better dot pitch of the higher res screens can't hurt...

nerdware

[long ramble deleted and moved to its own thread]

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1