MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

octatrack + beatstep pro + 12u sync issue
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author octatrack + beatstep pro + 12u sync issue
hyena
hello wigglers, this might be a tough one...
before the octatrack i had a machinedrum, i tried to send clock from the modular to the md via beatstep pro analog clock in\midi out, it worked.
now i did the same with the octatrack, i have tempi as master clock sending one channel to beatstep pro that goes out via midi to octatrack.
the clock to midi clock works but as soon as i divide (or change state) on the tempi the octatrack pauses...then i press play and it starts on the correct tempo, basically it freezes on a sudden midi clock change...i'm wondering if this is because of some other midi commands being sent from the beatstep.
i tried disabling the "transport receive" box on the octa but no luck.
i even tried messing with other midi-receive related stuff in the options, but again no luck.
any ideas? i usually have the octa as master sending clock to the tempi via beatstep pro with absolutely no issues, but i was trying to do the opposite to have more crazy timings on the octa following the modular...
any help appreciated!
thanks!
g.
limpmeat
Maybe try updating the Octa FW?

I had heaps of synching problems with one of the firmwares, latest one works fine.
hyena
it's on the latest fw. but i think that is not the problem, more something between octa and bsp and abrupt clock changes i'm afraid....well, not a big deal because asking the modular clocks to drive midi sequencer is a bit over the top but would have been nice for weird experimental stuff...
meursault
hyena wrote:
it's on the latest fw. but i think that is not the problem, more something between octa and bsp and abrupt clock changes i'm afraid....well, not a big deal because asking the modular clocks to drive midi sequencer is a bit over the top but would have been nice for weird experimental stuff...

Have you ever figured it out how to fix this issue?
I was thinking about getting an OT and I also currently have a BSP.
hyena
not yet. keep in mind that the problem i was referring to is just when you want to slave the octatrack TO the modular clock through BSP, the opposite works well.
eircom
hyena wrote:
not yet. keep in mind that the problem i was referring to is just when you want to slave the octatrack TO the modular clock through BSP, the opposite works well.

it's 2018 and octa mk2 and the problem remains. octatrack swallows slight modulations of modular clock and keeps playing but when the change exceeds some (pretty low) threshold it pauses
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1