MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

NEW DOUBLE KNOT
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author NEW DOUBLE KNOT
jjr
Hello all
my friend has been working for over a year on a instrument called the double knot. I think its really amazing. He's started to take orders. Check it out:

Double Knot is a patchable synthesizer system which is both sequencer and voice. It can be thought of as something of an indeterministic "groovebox". A stereo instrument with two identical voices that can give different rhythms, melodies or cross timbral slaps. The idea of this instrument is to invite reconciliation of linear and nonlinear systems, and to encourage the building of multiple-feedback synthesis architectures. User interface is with rotary potentiometers, switches, and banana cables. Patching puts are banana ports of round brass tube. Clock in and out are 3.5mm jacks bearing 5V square waves. Audio output is 3.5mm line out.

http://lorre-mill.com/doubleknot/

Vacancy Of Disco
This is pretty cool! Thanks for sharing this thumbs up
namshub
Ace!! loox brilliant fun:o)
iamnothuman
Loving the sounds from that video. Good luck to your friend!
BugBrand
Very cool design!
Good internals based on the webpage descriptions.

Nice work & a reasonable price.
wednesdayayay
http://lorre-mill.com/2016/07/24/Some-Thoughts-on-Envelopers.html
some great thoughts on the enveloper there

Is this a positive only voltage machine?
I really only have ciat lonbarde equipment currently and it all goes between 0-9 v so I'm wondering if these might tangle together

It says the clock is 5v which should work with the plumbutter!
but how about the voltage inputs what are the expecting voltage range wise

this and a multicassa would be a great addition to the plumbutter
jjr
Hello I own a Cocoquantus and so I was concerned about if the Double Knot could safely integrate. I know Will worked on this and considered the way it would interact with peters instruments. We have crossed patched it with my coco and it sounds amazing and works really well. Videos of that will be coming smile
wednesdayayay
I can only imagine the quantussy section having it's own feedback path adding into the double knot's feedback and around and around would just be unbelievable

I'm really close to pulling the trigger here
amnesia
How do we contact this company. I have tried 2 email addresses and they are both bouncing back.
Cobramatic
amnesia wrote:
How do we contact this company. I have tried 2 email addresses and they are both bouncing back.

I did a pre-order a few weeks back and Will emails me with updates from:
mill.lorre@gmail.com
same email address on the webpage.
latest news was that he hopes he will ship the first units from Mid December
Rockin' Banana!
rdomain
Cobramatic wrote:
amnesia wrote:

I did a pre-order a few weeks back and Will emails me with updates from:
mill.lorre@gmail.com
same email address on the webpage.
latest news was that he hopes he will ship the first units from Mid December
Rockin' Banana!

Do you know if they went up in price as they were originally $350US unless the postage pricing is just super high? As a fellow Aussie, with the exchange rate, that price difference changes the price quite a bit.

A pity the 3 of us aren't all in the same state, we could of bundled postage.
Cobramatic
rdomain wrote:

Do you know if they went up in price as they were originally $350US unless the postage pricing is just super high? As a fellow Aussie, with the exchange rate, that price difference changes the price quite a bit.

Ahh yes, the pre-order price was US$100 cheaper. That's why I got in early - had the same experience with a few of these smaller run devices.
If you are in Sydney you are welcome to come over and jam on it once I receive it - and you never know, if Trump wins the election the US $ might just plummet....
(but then again, the Aussie $ will probably go with it....)
rdomain
Cobramatic wrote:
rdomain wrote:

Ahh yes, the pre-order price was US$100 cheaper. That's why I got in early - had the same experience with a few of these smaller run devices.
If you are in Sydney you are welcome to come over and jam on it once I receive it - and you never know, if Trump wins the election the US $ might just plummet....
(but then again, the Aussie $ will probably go with it....)

Argh bummer. I only just found out about the device. It's almost a deal breaker for me where as before it was a no brainer. Thanks heaps for the offer but I'm in SA. Cheers though!
Who knows what will happen if Trump wins! Dead Banana
cerple
jjr wrote:
Hello I own a Cocoquantus and so I was concerned about if the Double Knot could safely integrate. I know Will worked on this and considered the way it would interact with peters instruments. We have crossed patched it with my coco and it sounds amazing and works really well. Videos of that will be coming smile

Does the DK have a ground jack?

The demo vid got me hooked. Goodbye $ Dead Banana
petersandbach
This looks really cool!

The addition of sequencers is an excellent move. Makes it very much a stand alone machine :-)
SPIKE the Percussionist
have had mine for a few weeks.

way weird noiz weapon.
way super awesome!

only reason i put it down for a bit is i traded my MD for a RYTM and i am having to learn the thing.
w00t
MATSmile
Considering getting ether Double Knot or Macumbista Blippoo to complement my Bugs. Any suggestions?
rdomain
SPIKE the Percussionist wrote:
have had mine for a few weeks.

way weird noiz weapon.
way super awesome!

only reason i put it down for a bit is i traded my MD for a RYTM and i am having to learn the thing.
w00t

Would love to see some vids of it in action if you've got the time. I've watched the few that are available online. Most aren't of the best quality either unfortunately sound wise.
amnesia
There was a really good vid of someone with 2 DNs but I cant find it
MATSmile
MATSmile wrote:
Considering getting ether Double Knot or Macumbista Benjo to complement my Bugs. Any suggestions?

Whatever, I already ordered DN.
Selektro
very interesting little box of tricks, i see things like this an reminds me of diffent parts or circuits i built tinkering forest mimms books as a teenager! damm i should have keep some of those circuits and put them together!
SPIKE the Percussionist
MATSmile wrote:
Considering getting ether Double Knot or Macumbista Blippoo to complement my Bugs. Any suggestions?

i guess i could make a vid with the DK, Blippoo and some Bugs noiz weapons.
w00t
smile
dogoftears
woah, how did i miss this?
got on the waiting list-- he says 2 months. i am excite. seems almost too perfect for lives....
someone should build a passive switch matrix to pair with this bad boy w00t
wednesdayayay
dogoftears wrote:
got on the waiting list-- he says 2 months. i am excite. seems almost too perfect for lives....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOkAf8sgz-l/?taken-by=mengqimusic
spudboyblues
wednesdayayay wrote:
dogoftears wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOkAf8sgz-l/?taken-by=mengqimusic

Damn. That's amazing. Sad I missed this, but I think Control might be stocking these at some point, which would be great news.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5