MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

quick q. regarding time base correction
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author quick q. regarding time base correction

pitbullpuppies

hello video world. i dont know much about you yet, but im understanding that many video bending devices need a "time base corrector." is ~50 dollars a fair price to pay for one? and will this produce a signal stable enough to run into a projector or is there additional equipment needed? signal would be coming from a glitchart.com basic cable.

thanks a million~

RSP

I use a For.a FA370 for archiving worn or damaged rare VHS tapes and it works very well. Was $45 on eBay a couple years ago. Most professional analog broadcast equipment seems to have next to no value these days (MSRP for the FA370 was over $5k) so unless something has changed very recently you should be able to get a good TBC in that range I think.

What model are you looking at? I don't do much with video myself but I'm sure plenty of people on here will be able to give you feedback.

Dirty_Bill

Most 'bent' video devices disturb the Composite video sync signals. You are correct, using a TBC (usually) restores these and allows you to display these signals on most modern display devices.

$50 for a used broadcast TBC is a good price, most of these are rack mount and quite bulky. I have used DPS 220s and For.A's with good success...

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1