Alchemy (WARNING: digital content)

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Chuck E. Jesus
holier than thou

Alchemy (WARNING: digital content)

Post by Chuck E. Jesus » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:29 pm

ran across this new VSTi Alchemy , dig what i'm seeing...i like the idea you can mess with harmonic content and do the granular thing in real time in the context of an instrument...i've had my analog rig down for a time, been getting back to speed with my Zoom H2 and the Emulator X2 softsampler, been fun fucking things up the old fashioned way ( multiple timestretches and whatnot), looks like Alchemy would take this further...it also does the additive/morhping stuff, very intriguing....

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

Post by dkcg » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:41 pm

Sacrilege! How dare you post a VST link on Muff's site! just kiddin...looks pretty cool. Have you seen Cube? Does spectral morphing, sounds pretty cool too. http://www.virsyn.de/en/E_Products/E_CUBE/e_cube.html

I've been trying to limit my software tools lately to Max, Pluggo, and Logic.

Chuck E. Jesus
holier than thou

Post by Chuck E. Jesus » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:41 pm

dkcg wrote: Have you seen Cube? Does spectral morphing, sounds pretty cool too. l
not Cube (additive?) but i've tried Cameleon and i have Kubik (wavetable), they are both cool....Alchemy seems like it might be a little more what i'm into, i'll check out the demo when it's available..

I've been trying to limit my software tools lately to Max, Pluggo, and Logic.
i use either Tracktion3 or Sonar 7 for a DAW and the Emu X2, that's about it...MAX would be cool fer sure....

elemental
Wiggling with Experience

Post by elemental » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:26 am

Cheers for the heads-up.
Looks deep! I love resynthesis stuff. Often it ends up sounding a bit metallic (in the plugins I tried a while ago..) - but this sounds pretty good from the demos.

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:01 pm

hey no problems at all posting digital stuff or software/vst stuff here at all! would never want to miss some cool gear due to some kind of format bias, everything is welcome in the 'general gear' forum for sure

for various personal reasons the whole vst thing is just played out - no, dead and rotting - for me personally. Still find it interesting to see what Audio Damage is up to, and still adore my Ohm Force stuff. Beyond that.. oh god don't get me stated

but looks like more cool stuff from Camel Audio. They always made good stuff. Good company to deal with as well, not trying to blackmail you with maintanance fees or trying to punish you with stupid copy schemes, or trying to rent you a service via non-transferrable software or... or... bah i'll stop now :help:

Chuck E. Jesus
holier than thou

Post by Chuck E. Jesus » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:02 pm

i (like many i'm sure) have wasted waaaay too much time trying out all kinds of freebie VSTs, purchased a few...makes sense for some FX and sampling and certain digital synth methods, but i've owned analog synths for close to 30 years now, VA just ain't the same, don't care what anyone says :sb:

Return to “General Gear”