MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Final "product"
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Zerosum Inertia  
Author Final "product"
zerosum
Got one more left in me.
Zerosum Inertia is done. 2010-2016.
Website expires next month. Not renewing.

Final "product"(I hate that word) is PLXNA2.
It is a standalone device powered by a wall wart with detachable plugs so you can plug it in anywhere in the world regardless of what your countries power standard is. Hey, you won't have to worry about a modular format either or what the weak power supply you have powering 50 other modules can put out.

The heart of the PLXNA2 is 2 6CB6 pentodes driving a 4046 PLL.
6CB6 tubes were used in Televisions a long fucking time ago,
you won't find them in your existing "products" or audiophile gear or guitar amps or fancy mic pres.

The "product" was made possible by the gracious Eric Barbour.
The PLL hasn't been used in any existing Metasonix devices but the 6CB6's sure have.
This is a hybrid. Tubes and solid state coming together to create one hell of a fucked up mutant gargling garbler distortion device so stereotypical of everything I have ever done, but using different ingredients and nothing comparable to the countless others jumping on the trend of making audio products.
I am very pleased with how things turned out.
I love this thing.
Perfect way to top things off and move forward.

Thank you Muff Wiggler, Escape From Noise, and Metasonix for all the help in my disasters of audio experimentation. None of this would ever be possible without you.

The PLXNA2 is an audio processor with CV in for pitch of the disasterous PLL, CV for tube VCA, and audio in/out.
3 knobs: control for pitch, level, and output drive(provided by 2 NOS 6CB6 pentodes).
1 switch to affect the behavior of the PLL.

I have 2 prototypes that I love,
whenever I design and drill an enclosure, I'll build a few more for sale and offer them available for sell direct.

This isn't anything anyone will ever need, but it sure is fucking unique compared to all the fucking clones that have saturated the trendy marketplace of investors and collectors.
The paint job will most certainly disappoint but I love it. It's me.

Adios. Thanks for the support. I love you.
I'll post an interest thread when I start drilling boxes to get a feel of how many I should drill.

Here is an idea of what it sounds like:
http://zerosuminertia.com/audio/zi/6cb64046

Smokey
Sounds really alive, unstable and amazing! Keep us informed!

I've always wanted some of your "products". Miley Cyrus

Any chance of doing a rack version?
FearKonstruktor
Brian, sad to see news like this(
Kujo
always wanted to try some of your stuff as well , maybe this is my chance ! Are you drilling boxes ? (: didn't get the chance to hear the audio if you have any other uploads that'd be cool !
snevlida14
I hate hearing you are done. I never really had the means to have some stiff built. I always understand when people need a change though. Your stuff is always interesting. Thanks
oberdada
What about this Annihilation thing?
zerosum
oberdada wrote:
What about this Annihilation thing?

Doesn't have anything to do with this thread or product in this thread...
If you want a VCA then get one before they are gone. If you want a PLXNA2 then get one whenever it comes out. Numbers are limited on everything as everything is built and financed by one person. When they are gone That's all folks! all gone!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Zerosum Inertia  
Page 1 of 1