MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Oscillographic Block by Special Stage Systems
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Oscillographic Block by Special Stage Systems
monads
Looks like this just went up/released at Control! Curious for samples feedback!! Looks interesting. I don't have the space for it waah

Features:

-Direct CV control over a physical SN76489AN sound chip, with 4-bit amplitude and 1V/Oct-scaled 10-bit pitch

-2 square wave channels and one dual-mode (white and periodic) noise wave channel

-6 programmable function generators per preset create both smooth waves and stepped sequences, and operate across a wide range of speeds suitable for percussive effects, looping melodies, slowly evolving structures, and pure bug music

-4 user-assignable CV inputs for controlling pitch, amplitude, and function speed

-Unique preset system allows eight patches to be stored to SD Card and instantly recalled (no audible gap) via CV and gate inputs

-Built-in algorithmic patch generator with Drum, Envelope, and Sequence modes

-Dedicated Chip Clock and Fine Tune controls extend the SN76’s frequency range

-Low resolution (not V/Oct) envelope + gate outputs for driving external modules

-Advanced functionality accessible via Shift button combinations, including overall channel volume, alternate display mode, shape macros, copy / paste, envelope synchronization, and full-bank preset randomization

===
Moderator (Kent) Edit

Added Owner's Manual as it the request pops up often enough. Version 12
Tombola
LOVE the chip poking out of the panel.

we're not worthy
rico loverde
This thing is absolutely amazing. Seriously blown away by it. Everyone in the shop keeps getting sidetracked by it throughout the day. I wasn't terribly interested at first until I heard it. Hopefully there will be some videos soon.
VanEck
need this up on modular grid asap!
monads
36HP
$599

I need to stop looking at this thing woah (hides)
VanEck
Mine is supposed to arrive saturday Dead Banana

Hope to see a manual posted before then!
MATSmile
Ehh...Ugh....Emmm... What... When... What it does? screaming goo yo
VanEck
MATSmile wrote:

It makes noises! Jordan was posting some demo's last year while he was still working on it. You can hear them here:

https://soundcloud.com/special-stage-systems/sets/oscillographic-block -demos
MATSmile
VanEck wrote:
MATSmile wrote:

It makes noises! Jordan was posting some demo's last year while he was still working on it. You can hear them here:

OMG!!!! w00t NEEEEEED ONE!
So you can use it as synth voice basically or use integrated function generators to sequence itself, right?
READYdot
will this be available anywhere in europe?
VanEck
MATSmile wrote:
VanEck wrote:
MATSmile wrote:

OMG!!!! w00t NEEEEEED ONE!
So you can use it as synth voice basically or use integrated function generators to sequence itself, right?

yes and yes! synths, drums, noise, on board sequencing, randomizing, preset saving... basically a command center of functions and cv built around an SN76 chip. hoping for a manual soon.
Paranormal Patroler
The sequences produced on the demos on soundcloud are very intriguing. I wonder if it's from the internal sequencer. hmmm.....
Summa
so it's another nintendo 8-bit module kind of thingamabob?
hyena
reminds me more of a zorlon mk2 on steroids grin
VanEck
Summa wrote:
so it's another nintendo 8-bit module kind of thingamabob?

Sort of. The SN76 chip wasn't used in the NES (that was pokey chip), and I am unsure what its bitrate actually is. It was used in a ton of arcade games and consoles though, most notoriously in the Sega Master system. So yeah, definitely can fit in the "chiptune" or "lofi" categories. But his is the first module that I am aware of that utilizes this chip, or has such an array of features, so definitely is a unique beast and capable of more than the standard chiptune bleeps and blops.

EDIT: here is some of the games and systems that used this chip https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Instruments_SN76489
MATSmile
Ordered one. Now have to find space for it hihi
Infinity Curve
Pokey was Atari. NES used a 2A03
MATSmile
I've put it on MG. Hoping to see manual too.
monads
I ordered SlayerBadger! I'm a big fan of Special Stage.

I'll just move out one of my modules when not in use to play this thing. w00t
gridrunner
Is this the same chip as what is in Thomas Henry's SN Voice? I was always blown away by what I heard of it.

T.H. SN Voice Demos Link
windspirit
Yeah this thing looks amazing. Cant wait to hear more demos. Great job! Dead Banana
iamgoldman
after seeing this in person... i want two! absolute mind melting chiptune paradise. cannot wait to see what people do with it.
windspirit
Played with this at Control today, I had no idea what most of the controls do but it was easy to get compelling sounds out of it right away.
DohaK
This looks really interesting
VanEck
Mine arrived today. Jammed out with it for a couple hours. I think it's pretty amazing. Got lost in lofi videogame soundscapes. I have always wanted a ming mecca, and I think this seems intentionally designed to pair with one perfectly.

Unfortunately, after turning my modular back on from a short break, I found it would no longer make sound... only a faint clucking noise no matter what i tried. I hit up Jordan to see if he has any idea about whats going on, or if its faulty zombie
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5