MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sh-1oh1 key press sent in sequencer mode
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author Sh-1oh1 key press sent in sequencer mode
explodingPSYCH
I've noticed that when I trigger sequences via key presses on the SH1oh1 that the MIDI out is also sending the midi note for the key press. This seems pretty awkward to me, especially if there are notes in the sequence that are the same as the key press. It also makes it sound pretty bad if the key press ISN'T in the scale of the keypress.

(Similarly, there seems to be an issue with the first trigger of changing chords/notes using the arpeggiator. It seems to trigger based on key press and not next clock beat. This creates some jerky "between beat" notes that are awkward when trying to record arpeggios)

It appears to happen both in "As Sounds" and "As Played" modes. Is there anyway to adjust this so that it doesn't happen?
tubbutec
Will have a look at this next week. The as played channel will of course send the key press, its purpose is to act like a midi keyboard.
The as-sounds channel should only output the sequenced notes, if it does also output something else, it is a bug that will be fixed..
mangobob
How do you know where your sequence is? Sometimes I accidentally hit a key and "lose" my sequence
tubbutec
Just tested this and can not replicate the issue you are describing. Turn off the 'as-played' channel and you will only get the sequencer notes..
explodingPSYCH
I usually watch/record the MIDI in my DAW if I'm getting lost. That's why having the extra keypress gets sloppy for me.
tubbutec
like I said, turn off 'as played' or set your daw to only receive on 'as sounds' -- there is no extra key press
explodingPSYCH
Oh, you're right. I must have not been turning "off" as played. I thought I had switched to As Sounds successfully, but obviously not. User error! Thanks.
tubbutec
There is no switching forth and back, both modes can be use simultaneously
explodingPSYCH
Well, I got it to behave correctly for a second. Now I can't repeat it.

I record midi, notice that my keypresses are being recorded in my DAW's midi track. Then I press "KEY TRANSPOSE" and while holding that button I press "HOLD"

Then I make sure "UP" is selected and press the middle "B" key in an attempt to switch OFF "As Played".

Then I record MIDI again and notice that my key presses are still being recorded.

Am I doing something wrong?
tubbutec
Quote:

Am I doing something wrong?

Yes selecting 'as played' does not turn it off or on, but allows you to select midi channels 1-16 as well as turning it off with the 17 lowest keys. (see user manual).
These settings are saved you only need to do this once
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1