MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Elektron Analog Heat
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author Elektron Analog Heat
mush
To be announced offically today.

Leaked by a a Swedish business magazine today:
http://www.di.se/artiklar/2016/9/20/riskkapital-satsar-pa-ackord/

Official:
https://www.elektron.se/products/analog-heat/

hdd
"a product whose main use is to change and improve the sound of other instruments."

could be nice
at least the sound in the video was pretty nice
zer0point
The interactive demo on their site sounds awesome...can I just have that as a plugin, interface and all? The price of the actual unit seems a bit ambitious.
Blingley
Hey that seems ni- Oh, it's 800€, nvm.

Should really sound amazing for that cost. Well, Rackmounts cost too, but still. A fair bit out of my budget atm, but no doubt they'll move a bunch of units.
Xmit
yeah. as always with Elektron units this looks nice & will sound superb ... but there's nothing there I can't do with a SoundToys FilterFreak + Decapitator chained together...

I guess the question comes down to whether you want to be able to achieve that without having to fire ( sorry, pun intended ) the DAW up though ?

Having said that Elektron seem to be focusing on the Overbridge implementation as a big selling point : tbh if I was using my DAW I'd probably just break out my UA & SoundToys plug-ins anyway for this sort of effect...?

I think if they'd have thrown some other stuff in there - studio quality reverb, DDL, compressor etc. - then it might have looked a lot more tempting as an all-in-one outboard FX solution...it seems a tad pricey otherwise.

If street prices end up being a bit kinder though I may be tempted down the line, if only to run my incoming Boutique TB-03 & TR-09 units through so all the purists can't tell they're not the originals... hihi Dead Banana
darenager
Xmit wrote:
if only to run my incoming Boutique TB-03 & TR-09 units through so all the purists can't tell they're not the originals... hihi Dead Banana

lol

Yeah not really interested in this one, if it had multiple inputs and more fx maybe, but seems OB integration is the main selling point, but as you say DAW users have plenty of options for this already. Oh well, kind of relieved that I don't have the need or the space to be tempted by this one.
TrondC
Nono, you're all wrong. See, it's made by ELEKTRON, and is thus by default already amazing and worth the price tag wink

On a more serious note, it's a welcome move from Elektron, altough personally I'm holding out for them to make a standalone sequencer, in euro format or cource wink

-Cheers from elektron fanboy grin
desdinova
Xmit wrote:
I think if they'd have thrown some other stuff in there - studio quality reverb, DDL, compressor etc. - then it might have looked a lot more tempting as an all-in-one outboard FX solution...it seems a tad pricey otherwise.

Yea even if this just had their delay and reverb from the A4/ryrm as the only digital fx I'd be much more interested. As it is it seems like a worse Biscuit for more money.
Don't get me wrong, I've got all their stuff save the sidstation and love it, but I think they've got a higher opinion of their filters than is warranted. Maybe they're new and wild this time dunno. I look forward to poking one anyway.

I will say as a long time fan, I could not care less about overbridge and I really hope they're not hanging their hat on the thing as THE value-add in their products moving forward.
DiscoDevil
Whoa. Personally, I welcome an Elektron product that is NOT tied to a sequencer. It's hard to tell but it appears it might even be usable without having to pay attention to which pixels are black or white on a tiny screen.
kirklandish
At I'm curious to learn more about the MIDI integration, i.e. can I sequence changes with the OT. I would imagine yes.

Sounds good though. At this price it's in Sherman Filter Bank territory. I would be interested in a comparison video.

I've been interested in getting a (ideally stereo) analog distortion and filter unit. Despite being an Elektron fan, I might go for the Waldorf 2 pole. If this had the compressor from the Rytm I would be more tempted.
empirix
interesting, their introduction videos are a bit mad though, if not useless ha
Sinamsis
Stereo distortions/overdrives are not that easy to come across in the analog domain. There aren't a ton of stereo filter options either in desktop units. I agree, at compression would have been nice. And the price point isn't great, though it does add an audio interface to the mix (though I find the levels incredibly low in the other Elektron units, making it kind of worthless). I imagine since it's OB compatible you can sequence it via your DAW. So that's nice. Price seems a little high but not crazy. I don't know that I'll bite, but it's interesting.
Klaus
Seems like an ideal companion to the MD/MNM really
Bath House
Truly a weird decision - they've never been known for making things that sound remotely warm.
trickness
$749 for a distortion box? OK its got a lot of features but meh
Selador
Really, really curious as to the sound.. I need to know more about the distortion circuits. Are they digital models (but it says analog?) or clones (there doesn't seem to be much space in there) or entirely new and custom distortion designs?

I'd like to have a mobile answer to my decidedly-not mobile Vulture, that kind of warmth and presence is a perfect touch to synth sounds
randomized
Selador wrote:
Really, really curious as to the sound.. I need to know more about the distortion circuits. Are they digital models (but it says analog?) or clones (there doesn't seem to be much space in there) or entirely new and custom distortion designs?

According to their site, it features 8 different analog distortion circuits. You can listen to an interactive demo of all of them here: https://www.elektron.se/products/analog-heat/

It sounds nice. I am sure this would work well with my Analog Keys, but at $749 it seems just too expensive to me at the moment, especially since I have some pretty decent software distortion effects already that I can use.
Paranormal Patroler
Bath House wrote:
Truly a weird decision - they've never been known for making things that sound remotely warm.

Plus one of the factors that makes people complain about their OT is the "signature sound" the samples acquire ... I wonder if it this will fall under the same category. If that's the case I can assume lots of people will get rid of it quick. Wish they added a couple more effects there, the filter sweep did nothing for me.

On the other hand, it's nice that they added something to warm up their cold sound. hihi

Also this is nice:

Quote:

Control inputs

Input level: -5 V – +5 V
Accepts CV, Expression pedals, Foot switches

edited to add quotation
Zymos
I don't think anyone can deny the Elektron makes quality stuff.
Seems expensive to me, but I'm not especially interested in what it does anyway. But I don't see any reason to slam people who are excited about it either...
Torn n Frayed
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Bath House wrote:

Plus one of the factors that makes people complain about their OT is the "signature sound" the samples acquire ... I wonder if it this will fall under the same category. If that's the case I can assume lots of people will get rid of it quick. Wish they added a couple more effects there, the filter sweep did nothing for me.

On the other hand, it's nice that they added something to warm up their cold sound. hihi

Also this is nice.

Control inputs

Input level: -5 V – +5 V
Accepts CV, Expression pedals, Foot switches

This is what I was looking for, possibly interested now..
CF3
Bath House wrote:

I gotta agree with this sentiment. If I have one complaint about Elektron gear, it's that it doesn't sound particularly good. Never liked any of the effects in their boxes. They sound cheap. I'd buy an Elysia Karacter if I wanted a high end distortion unit, especially for that price. I'm sure they'll sell a ton of theses, Elektron has a very loyal following.
suboptimal
I found myself looking for the delay channel.

Looks like it would be a nice tool for people who will use the VST capabilities. I don't use a computer with my music, so this is the first Elektron product that hasn't excited me (granted, I have distortion and filters covered in my modular).
rowsbywoof
Eh. Demos sound nice, but not really what I'm after right now, tbh. Maybe if they have an extra generous holiday sale this year...
h4ndcrafted
Price is the main hurdle for me, I'm not saying it is overpriced, but I probably lean towards one of the rack mounts over this , Niio, Sherman , vulture etc.

Could be perfect for the digital headaches I get from my MD, as awesome as it is, certainly makes my head hurt a lot quicker than analogue.
Psychosomatic headache probably lol

Just had a listen, not that impressed, didn't hear anything that made my hairs stand on end, the MD was pretty horrible infact and doesn't sound great on acid even.

I think I liked the Hive arp demo best.
SoundPool
I'm mainly curious about the interface ability. I wonder how well it holds up. If it were solid with nice A/Ds then it would actually give me a pretty good reason to be interested and really help justify the price. Like getting an Apogee Duet with all the nice FX as a bonus that can also be used stand alone- doesn't sound too bad then.

Also kind of hoping that the stand alone unit but with midi/cv ability is a hint at a longer game that might mean a stand alone sequencer box in the future. wishful thinking perhaps.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 1 of 12