MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Disting MK3 sample audio playback issues
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Disting MK3 sample audio playback issues
gude2000
So I have updated to firmware 3.6. Without the SD card, Disting goes to Bank 1a, preset 1a, as it is supposed to do.

When the SD card is in the slot, I am able to select bank 2a, preset 1a for SD Audio Playback (lights 1, 4, a, b are on), but I can't get any samples to play (I see no lights on A or B outputs). I see voltage/color changes on the Z jack when I move the Z knob, but no change in A or B outputs, and, of course, no sound.

I have my playlist.txt and corresponding samples (stereo .wav files, 16 bit, 44.1) at the root level (no folders) on the SD card (64 GB Sandisk). It seems the Disting is indeed reading the card (starts in SD card mode when the card is in the slot), but my samples are not playing.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong??
os
Could you post a zip of your SD card contents?
gude2000
Here it is:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2080274/Archive.zip
os
That link doesn't work - it gives me a 404 Not Found.

You can just upload it here as an attachment.
gude2000
I think it's working now (not sure how to attach the zip file- and it's 2 GB). Try it.
os
OK, it's downloading now - very, very slowly. I'll get back to you tomorrow!
os
Your playlist is in rich text format - it looks like this:

Code:

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\cocoartf1348\cocoasubrtf170
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Menlo-Regular;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red38\green38\blue38;\red242\gree n242\blue242;}
\margl1440\margr1440\vieww10800\viewh8400\viewkind0
\deftab720
 \pard\pardeftab720

\f0\fs30 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
disting playlist v1\
-loop=0\
-gap=0\
-fadeIn=0\
-fadeOut=0\
Belarus.wav\
Germany.wav\
Kurdistan.wav\
Medi.wav\
Moscow.wav\
Urdu.wav}

You need to convert it to plain text.
gude2000
Thanks. I overlooked that when I created the .txt file (I guess Mac's Text Edit defaults to .rtf when creating a new file. My fault).

However, after converting the playlist to a .txt file, the samples still do not play!
Attached is a zip of the new file I used (I edited the .txt file to show just 2 small .wav samples- so the zip wouldn't be to big to send...but it still it wouldn't attach here- 504 mb). Here's the new file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2080274/Archive.zip

See what you think. What else can I do to get this working?

Also, is there any way to know which firmware is loaded on the Disting? I just want to make sure 3.6 is indeed the current one loaded.
os
That looks OK.

The firmware version is shown at startup: http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/distingusermanual.html#startup
gude2000
1. I have confirmed I have firmware 3.6.
2. I have the correct playlist.txt file and the corresponding .wav files (16 bit, 44.1 Hz stereo) that the playlist is referencing
3. I have confirmed proper Disting MK3 start up behavior both with and without SD card installed.
4. Samples are not being recognized, and there is no output despite moving the Z knob.

Here is a zip link to 2 short videos to show you startup sequences without SD card and with SD card so you can take a look for yourself. Attached is also a photo of my SD card.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2080274/Archive%202.zip

What's the next step to get this working?

os
How is the card formatted?
gude2000
Damn! The Sandisk 64 GB SDXC card was formatted as ExFAT from the factory !!!
I used a Sandisk 32GB SDHC card (FAT32 formatted from the factory- and I got both those cards from Amazon.com) and everything is working perfectly.

Lesson learned: Check the SD card formatting with Disk Utility before you put your samples in it!

Thank Os for you help!!
os
w00t
cloudswim
os wrote:
w00t

I have a few samples that just plays in white noise, know the reason for this?
os
I would guess they're 24 bit rather than the required 16 bit.
cloudswim
thanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1