MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mocante relocated to Eurorack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Mocante relocated to Eurorack
pugix
I bought a Mocante in the wood case. Now I have relocated it into a Eurorack box that adds a lot of processing.

http://pugix.com/synth/mocante-eurorack-box/

(If you want the old wood case, I put it FS/FT in Buy Sell.)
pugix
Meng Qi pointed out that Mocante is longer than the 54 HP given in the PDF manual and on Modular Grid. He thought it was 56 HP, but it's actually 55.625 HP, by my measurement. I was lucky, because I planned 88 HP, due to the Cell 90 case being a bit shy of 90 HP. Everything fits snugly.
pugix
I discovered that I can inject Mocante signals into Unknown Pleasures just by touching them both. Mocante can be heard through U.P. this way, without any patch cords!
kfraser
That looks like a fun setup. I am wanting to do the same with my IFM keyboard. I was wondering if its not too much of a hassle could you please explain about how you converted the Mocante to work in your euro case? My Mocante doesn't have a Euro power header on it and I am not completely sure how to go about adding one. If you could post some pictures of the back of the PCB that would be super helpful, thanks.
pugix
kfraser wrote:
That looks like a fun setup. I am wanting to do the same with my IFM keyboard. I was wondering if its not too much of a hassle could you please explain about how you converted the Mocante to work in your euro case? My Mocante doesn't have a Euro power header on it and I am not completely sure how to go about adding one. If you could post some pictures of the back of the PCB that would be super helpful, thanks.


If you can solder, it's easy. I cut the header off one end of a standard Euro power cable (10-pin). There are 10 pads in line on the back of the Mocante that match to the standard cable. There's even pads for the -12V wires, which don't connect to anything on the PC board. I will take a photo.
kfraser
Okay that makes sense I think. A picture will help clarify it for me. I have a limited amount of electronics knowledge but am good with a soldering iron. Thanks again for taking the time to do this.
pugix
kfraser wrote:
Okay that makes sense I think. A picture will help clarify it for me. I have a limited amount of electronics knowledge but am good with a soldering iron. Thanks again for taking the time to do this.




The cable is a standard 10-pin euro power cable. Left to right: 2 wires are +12 volt, then 6 wires of ground, then 2 wires of -12 volt (red stripe), which I did not bother to solder, even though there are pads on the PC board. Those pads don't connect to anything on the board.
pugix
Previous post updated with photo.
kfraser
Thank you so very much kind sir. This is perfect, going to mod mine tonight.
ignacio
Planning to buy a Mocante but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Can anybody share some audio? I am not familiar with its sounds. Makes sense as a controller.
mrhoudis
Peter plays it in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ExsIQV5HA
ignacio
Do you have any videos of you own? Really looking forward to buying one of these, but there isn't enough info out there.
pugix
I've been making a lot of changes to the support modules in this box. One of them is going to be a Pico DSP. I'll be making an updated post. We could make a video too.
clarte
ignacio wrote:
Do you have any videos of you own? Really looking forward to buying one of these, but there isn't enough info out there.


+1 for more mocante, igm keyboard vids!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group