MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC 207 back?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author ADDAC 207 back?

sopresada

I noticed the ADDAC 207 was green at Schneider's

http://www.schneidersladen.de/en/addac-207-intuitive-quantizer.html

But last time I checked with them I was told ADDAC had ceased producing this module. I think because there were too many issue with the firmware? Or something along those lines.

Has there been a recent update of some kind? Or is it unchanged since those last fixes were pushed out a while back?

giftculture

Post edited because I did a dumb thing smile again, my apologies!

Summa

giftculture After two years on this forum you should know the rules by now... angry I'm guessing you intended this as an PM, but that doesn't really fly too..

To answer the OP, the module is in production afaik and the new ones come with the latest firmware installed.

giftculture

This is my embarrassed face! d'oh!

I did in fact mean that as a PM, I didn't realize the PM wasn't kosher, looks as though I need to take a refresher on the rules, which I am going to go read again right now.

*edit*

51 is definitely < 100 :(. I don't know why I thought the threshold was 50 :(

my humble apologies and I edited my original post - not sure how to delete but mods, feel free if that makes things cleaner

Summa

giftculture
Classy! thumbs up Hug

giftculture

Summa wrote:
giftculture
Classy! thumbs up Hug

Thank you smile

I love that this resource exists, I have learned so much in my time here, especially after I finally took the modular plunge at the beginning of this year, though I lurked even before then when I was wanting to learn more about modular synthesis. The last thing that I would want to do would be to behave in a matter that was disrespectful to what I consider to be an awesome community!

I have a question that is germane to buying/selling on muffs, though it is technically off topic for this particular thread, that I was hoping you could help me answer.

Obviously, posting things for sale in the For Sale forum or in your sig is verboten until you've reached 100 posts, so I understand that now. Reading the rules for BST/WTB, there is something that is a little unclear to me:

"
- Two subforums have been created, 'For Sale/Trade' and 'Want To Buy'

- ANY logged in user with at least ONE post can freely view and reply to topics in either of these subforums."

The spirit of the rules seems to indicate that the reason that one should have 100 posts before trying to sell something is to make sure that they're participating in the community and aren't some random scammer, which I get and support 100%.

Does responding to somebodies WTB request if they want to buy a module that you are interested in selling fall under that? It would make sense to me that the same rules would apply, so the rules are kind of confusing to me there, because it says that anybody with at least one post can freely view and reply to WTB posts.

Just making sure that I stay on the right side of the rules and continue to do the responsible thing as a member of this community!

Thanks!!!

Summa

Let's do this in a PM instead..

sopresada

Now Schneider's does say that the module is no longer in production. I guess there were too many problems with the firmware after all.

giftculture

It appears that ADDAC just released a new firmware for the IQ last week - I haven't had a chance to install it yet, hopefully going to install it today

sopresada

giftculture wrote:
It appears that ADDAC just released a new firmware for the IQ last week - I haven't had a chance to install it yet, hopefully going to install it today

oh, where did you read this? do you have a link/more info by any chance?

cheers!

flo

Probably from the ADDAC page? http://addacsystem.com/product/addac200-series/addac207

Sinamsis

Just stumbled across this. Anyone know of somewhere in the states one can buy the update kit? I feel so stupid I didn't snag it when I ordered my 221/222 directly from ADDAC but it slipped my mind. I'd rather not have another item shipped across the Atlantic, but if I must...

I also don't know where the misinformation comes from about the 207. I know if it was pretty buggy on release, but I've owned it for 2 years now and it is by far my favorite quantizer I have ever owned. The only complaints I have are that the gate input is picky, and things go bonkers if your gate input is too short. Also, I've never managed to use the transpose function, and I think it's because I just don't understand the manual's description. In general, I find ADDAC's documentation kind of lacking. Still, I LOVE this thing.

Sinamsis

Actually, I looked over the PDF again. Does anyone know if a Pickit would work for this? I already have a Pickit 3 I use for my Harvestman modules.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1