Buchla 100 Quad / Hex AR Envelope DIY

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, lisa, Joe.

Peake
I'm in ur DIY. Filling cases with Buchla

Buchla 100 Quad / Hex AR Envelope DIY

Post by Peake » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:12 pm

Based upon the 410 module cluster, a discrete envelope requiring +24V and producing +15V outputs. An old layout version but here it is.

There is a quad comparator section to provide looping etc. from the 212 envelope which is supposed to fire when the input reaches 0.2VDC. Never got it to work so perhaps someone here...would require the Mode switch to be dual, with one side using a +15V source through a diode and RC to produce a pulse, out to the gate input.

Image410 Quad Env Parts by mpeake, on Flickr

Image410 Hex Env 1b by mpeake, on Flickr

BUILD PAGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Peake on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not the place I'd imagined it to be.

snaper
Ultra Wiggler

Post by snaper » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:47 am

You're on fire Mike.
Question. What would this do on +15 PSU? Nothing? Or just less voltage at the out?

I'm asking this, because I'd love to build a hex version into my system (never enough ADs actually), but +24V is ... ouch :D

Peake
I'm in ur DIY. Filling cases with Buchla

Post by Peake » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:41 am

This is an old layout of an old build. Circumstances merit the release of all I've done thus far. Regarding changing the voltage: I've thought about it but not tried it. Not sure if the circuit would cease functioning or if that would only scale it down. +24V wall warts are about $10 so I don't worry about it.
This is not the place I'd imagined it to be.

snaper
Ultra Wiggler

Post by snaper » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:47 am

Peake wrote:This is an old layout of an old build. Circumstances merit the release of all I've done thus far. Regarding changing the voltage: I've thought about it but not tried it. Not sure if the circuit would cease functioning or if that would only scale it down. +24V wall warts are about $10 so I don't worry about it.
I see.
Yeah, sounds more logical to drill a simple inlet to the house instead of designed a board with a dc-dc converter.
I think I'll give this a try, 'cause my good friend, Peter, still has not finished the single sided 281 board design... :D

snaper
Ultra Wiggler

Post by snaper » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:30 am

Dang, can't avoid any Peake builds, so I'li give it a go.
:oops:

Return to “Music Tech DIY”