MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Convert a zero case to a music easel case or 2x4U:GUIDE
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Convert a zero case to a music easel case or 2x4U:GUIDE
boops
SCROLL DOWN FOR PICS BELOW

hello guys,here a humble thread to explain ,how to build with an halliburton( second hand is cheaper)zero case 21x17x7,5 inches à easel case ,218/208 or 2x4u (200e compatible) Buchla format case.
Should be a nice case for serge panel too.
Big thanks to the great wiggler Apetechnology for the pics of the hinges mod ,he has sent me quickly ,after i asked him a few day ago.

finished the 2x4U ,travel case

I use my available easel kit ,its 2x4u boats powered -15/15/12/5V ,(a New swallow design psu soon )my face plate (here for a zero case halliburton 21"x17"x7,5") and my special rack ears +some parts ,you will discover in this thread.

here without countersunk screws and finition

All is possible the face is easy to work

First round ,put off old hinges
From Apetechnology

"i made a simpler mounting technique, i used washers. instead of machining a spacer plate. diy style!
Penn Elcom P0626EZ Zinc Plated Large Take Apart Hinges
i used 10 24 standard screws or 5 x.8 metric x 12mm with nylon lock nuts."
- first drill out the rivets holding the hinges.

-the second photo here shows using a "drift" to knock out rivets.

YOU WILL FIND MISSING PICS BELOW.SORRY

end of the first round

Then the round 2 :THE EASEL KIT simple installation

You will receive a ready easel kit assembled with or without custom holes ,audio out jack 6,35 ,bnc plug 12v lamp ...or even without the face with only the boats ears to have the boats at the good height (for other custom finition ,and free space ).

The tools you need:
Screw driver
Drill machine (hand)
M3 tool

Washer 3mm /14mm external
M3 screws min 45/50 mm max
Standoff 30mm or 2x15 mm
M3 nuts with plastic lock

Fix the boats kit ,see pic ,centered

Drill at 90° angle ,3 or 4 x 3mm holes thru the zero case ,too
In the upper boat ,extreme left (under seq) ,extreme right (under reverb) is better
cause the 208 rev2 cards ,not like the pic below .

On each holes,for me 3.

sanders
Fantastic, I got the lift off hinges from Zero Halliburton, at a premium unfortunately. But I never went so far as to make a flat panel surrounding the two boats. That part really makes it nice. Can't wait to find out about
it...
knobs.
can't wait for round 2. thanks for the nice thread boops.
pustule
Awesome guide, thanks for posting, Apetechnology and Boops! Great photos! screaming goo yo
misa
Very nice, thank you for the useful information!
boops
SECOND ROUND IN THE FIRST POST
harolddonnelly
sorry I can't seem to find the link for round 2?
boops
Middle of the first post
sanders
harolddonnelly wrote:

+1
boops
sanders wrote:
harolddonnelly wrote:

+1

There is no link ,its the second part of the first post wink
boops
Up...
folpon
Hi, Boops. I would like to have a nice case like yours for my new easel. But the pictures in your threads seem to have broken. Do you have other pictures of your easel cases you can post for folks who admire you to see? Thank you! smile
APETECHNOLOGY
folpon wrote:
Hi, Boops. I would like to have a nice case like yours for my new easel. But the pictures in your threads seem to have broken. Do you have other pictures of your easel cases you can post for folks who admire you to see? Thank you! smile

here is a small buchla case i built using boops boats and front panel.
BOOPS you sleeping?

sick
boops
wink

A problem with the image hosting

APETECHNOLOGY wrote:
folpon wrote:

here is a small buchla case i built using boops boats and front panel.
BOOPS you sleeping?

sick
Jarno
folpon wrote:
....But the pictures in your threads seem to have broken....

Caused by the train wreck of a site that is Photobucket, the f*cktards. Their site worked really well, but they have managed to kill it. Can't see how they will recover from this, people (me included, deleting their accounts en masse).
boops
I ve reinstalled pics ,not perfect but better than nothing .
Synesthesia
pretty good wink thanks Boops.
bemerritt
Are there different sizes of these? What is the preferred size. Looking at one that says it’s 21x17x7. Sound about right?
captnapalm
bemerritt wrote:
Are there different sizes of these? What is the preferred size. Looking at one that says it’s 21x17x7. Sound about right?

That's the size that most people use for Easels, and the one Boops's panel works on.

I use the 21 x 17 x 7" for my 8u cases and the 24 x 18 x 7" size for my 10u cases.
bemerritt
Thanks!
odditymedium
hello, i would like to have a suitcase to hold my BEMI easel

i'm a bit confused with these posts, i just want to have a case, i don;t have metalworking skills, and i'd like something i can take onboard an aeroplane,

can anyone please build me one? ideally, in europe
boops
i think 21 x 17 x 7" dont work for the plane (Cabin)

55 cm x 35 x 25 cm or 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 is ok
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1