MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Search is fixed!!! Apologies for the downtime.

monitors for ming mecca system?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author monitors for ming mecca system?
VanEck
i am putting together a ming mecca system and am curious if anyone has any recommendations for monitors.

my deskspace is limited, so i would prefer a flat screen lcd that can accept composite in directly and is compatible with the low resolutions of the ming mecca... not sure if this exists, as my searches so far haven't yielded any promising results.
evolve
I'd suggest a Sony Trinitron broadcast monitor. They can be pretty small. Not an LCD. Basically you want the same stuff vintage gamers use.

If you want really tiny and flat, try one of those 12V backup monitors for cars. Can be found for 20-30$ on Amazon.
monads
I don't think a flat screen LCD would be best, you'd also likely need a converter to display properly I believe. A CRT is best and I've used/tried the following with Ming Mecca:

Sony KV-1311CR
Sony PVM-1340

Looking forward to your results since I know you grabbed the OB Mr. Green

VanEck
thanks for the suggestions guys. ended up pulling the trigger on a commodore 1702 i found on ebay for $75. figured if i'm going crt, might as well go with the classic.

monads wrote:

Looking forward to your results since I know you grabbed the OB Mr. Green

yeah i am excited. the ob was my gateway drug it seems. i've been wanting a ming mecca system since they were first announced, even more so after getting to play with one at knobcon 3 years back. also have had my eye on some bpmc circuit bent video devices for a long time, which will probably be my next fix. i think running the world core through some bpmc jazz will keep me busy for a while.
Jaytee
Lol, we're on almost the same track. I'm waiting on the Ming Micro and in the meantime grabbed the Ming Mecca PCBs from the recent group buy, and I have a WJ-AVE5 sitting on my shelf here, waiting to get circuit-bent.
VanEck
Jaytee wrote:
Lol, we're on almost the same track. I'm waiting on the Ming Micro and in the meantime grabbed the Ming Mecca PCBs from the recent group buy, and I have a WJ-AVE5 sitting on my shelf here, waiting to get circuit-bent.

nice! on the same page indeed... i've actually been talking with BPMC about getting one of his bent AVE devices that can accept eurorack cv! i don't trust my own bending abilities on anything that needs to be plugged in, only battery powered stuff.

my plan is to run the ming through that and have both the ave and ming being controlled and modulated in real time by my modular. the micro looks amazing. the only reason why i didn't go that route when the kickstarter was live is because i really wanted to be able to cv everything with the modules i already have.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1