MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The elusive 'all black' panel themed euro systems.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author The elusive 'all black' panel themed euro systems.
DSC
Finally finished the start of the continuing custom 'black' look.
Basically two+ years to get here. Patched and unpatched.
Does Erica synths have a complete system for sale yet? I know Make Noise does.
Any one else? I thought I saw one more out there! Doepfer?

cityz3n
DSC wrote:
Finally finished the start of the continuing custom 'black' look.
Basically two+ years to get here. Patched and unpatched.
Does Erica synths have a complete system for sale yet? I know Make Noise does.

WOW! That really looks amazing.
Do you have some kinda vertical CV bus going on, on the right of your case?
What kinda case is that btw?

And yes Erica synths do have a black system for sale now.
And doepfer do sell a lot of black 'vintage' modules but not yet a whole system I believe.
wellurban
Very nice!

Roland has an all-black complete system in their System 500 range, and you could expand that with the Aira modules and the result would look pretty integrated (I'm not so keen on the System 1m). Depending upon how you define a "complete system", Moog's Mother 32 could count, and the Doepfer vintage range would be a good way to expand that in a visually consistent way.
euromorcego
DSC wrote:

doepfer indeed: http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2016/01/21/namm2016-doepfer-vintage-ana log-modules/
pieter
I'm just trying to wrap my head around how that car works. hmmm.....
ModusOp
applause Looking good! I'm trying to fill the rest of my black & gold Shared System... Ordering the black Doepfer filter next and then need to score one of those elusive black Batumi faceplates!! Mr. Green
noisejockey
Dude! WIGGLEVAN! screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
DSC
cityz3n wrote:

Do you have some kinda vertical CV bus going on, on the right of your case?
What kinda case is that btw?

Thank you, yes, here is the link to the case which I made. Yes, I decided on a vertical bus strip so I could still have two 1U rows.
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122924&sid=b30747eba c68b37e7a04ed2db981dae7

I thought Doepfer did. And Roland is a good catch too thumbs up

And the Wiggle Van is more of a WIGGLERV. Lots of room for more wigglers.

VanEck
Very nice. I was hoping to achieve something similar with the help of magpie panels, but it seems theyve slowed down with their murdered out series.

What the hell is that crazy looking crossfader module in the bottom left?
DSC
VanEck wrote:

Yeah, there are several of my own module creations in here.
That is the Euro-X-fader I built using a Innofader.
More info here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135966&sid=d6e88ed6b cfcbade96053d0a304cf0b6

calaveras
Only my top row is all black.
Erica, RYO, Synthrotek, Toppobrillo and an Expert Sleepers Disting.
The next row was the hardest. A white Waldorf NW1 and a bunch of MST white modules. The final row at the bottom is all classic silver Doepfer, 4MS, WMD, and some home brew stuff.
I've got a 2nd case for my percussion modules. and a enough 'spare' modules that I really need to spend some time on figuring out my next case plan.
I've thought about making an all black case. The 'vintage' Doepfer make it an easy proposition. As well as the AJH stuff and the black MN versions.
I've also noticed that Erica synths is churning out new stuff at a pretty impressive pace. And their DIY version of the Wogglebug looks pretty cool.

BTW they do have a pretty full voice of the Polivoks, plus they have enough other stuff for sequencing, cross point matirix etc to make an interesting setup. But it's pretty 'East Coast' style. Not that there is anything wrong with that...
Summa
thumbs up nice going! love the RV! I do however like the fact that my modular is having black or coloured panels spread out all over the system breaking up the sea of grey panels, easier to spot things in a dark live setting.

The effort you put in is however 100%, love all your DIY projects. applause
leeski
Wow! nuts nuts Clap
Roy72
AJH minimod...
tcb
that does look rather amazing! big'up!
Sinamsis
VanEck wrote:
Very nice. I was hoping to achieve something similar with the help of magpie panels, but it seems theyve slowed down with their murdered out series.

I'm actually doing the same. I don't think they're slowing down. If anything they're busy beyond belief. I think they're just trying to catch up on back orders. But I have faith that they will keep blowing our minds like a goth grayscale. Give it time.
VanEck
DSC wrote:
VanEck wrote:

Yeah, there are several of my own module creations in here.
That is the Euro-X-fader I built using a Innofader.
More info here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135966&sid=d6e88ed6b cfcbade96053d0a304cf0b6

Oh yeah, I forgot I even commented in that thread about how rad this is Mr. Green
sempervirent
DSC that is a great-looking system. I'll look for this RV cruising around the state...

Sinamsis wrote:
But I have faith that they will keep blowing our minds like a goth grayscale.

Ha, that's a good way to put it. I've actually done some custom projects that were black, such as this triple Z-DSP for a 19" studio rack. Secretly I think that black probably looks better than raw aluminum but don't tell anyone.

The Illuminaire
This is dead sexy, DSC. Stellar job!

You know how I love black. love
DSC
sempervirent wrote:
Secretly I think that black probably looks better than raw aluminum but don't tell anyone.

I thought I remembered seeing these. I think you posted these same proofs a little ways back.
I also suspected that you might start your own 'blackface line'. I imagine you would make a lot of people very happy!!!!!

I had it suggested in a couple of emails asking where people can buy these modules. Another asked for more details, so I will go over just a FEW of what is in this case. Yes, some are just re-paneled, but most have been modded. Some more than others. All custom for sure!

The heart of this system is the TRISPECTRUM. It is in EVERY patch.
Link to more info: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162579&highlight=

I also remade my Z-DSP with an additional card holder. Even made a couple for a few peeps.
Link to more info: http://www.ninstrument.com/?p=2018

Custom Sequencer 1 in which I added a additional switched CV control over the last 6 buttons.
Link to more info: http://www.ninstrument.com/?p=2025

COMPRESSWITCH where I merged two WMD compressors and a Pitts Switch. This is in EVERY patch!
Link to more info: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=165583&highlight=

Custom expanded TURING MACHINED. Added dedicated Ginko clock.

UTILITA which is a Doepfer a-150, BL CMOS Party, 3 - NE Sinclastic Empulatrix and a MI Branches

The QCDG8 is a 4MS QCD and expander with a Circuit Abbey G8 smashed in the middle. Along with much needed buffered mults!

Korg MKP2s custom fitted into euro panel. Also used in EVERY patch.

Almost forgot the Custom Circuit Abbey Mixer.

MindMachine
EMW has all of their modules available in black.
Robscorch
Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat.

It's beautiful and probably feels more like a complete instrument though I've noticed you have a nice looking workflow going on there. nanners
Val
The modded and merged modules are very appealing eek!
Much more interesting than the black theme
Sinamsis
sempervirent ha perhaps an oversimplification. And honestly, not really accurate. Your panels are all about the clean and understated. And obviously, the grayness (or silveriness). Magpie, at least Murdered Out, is about the ornate, somewhat blingy, and black. Haha. Honestly I like both aesthetics. I just really like black. I went with Magpie for my "smaller case" (a total of 360 hp), but I almost wonder if I should have found someone to make simpler black panels. I still really love your stuff, and I'm definitely enjoying my Synapse!

I agree about these combo modules. I saw them on MG a while back. Really cool man. Strong work.
dirtbudda
Very very incredible I pay extra for the the vintage black Doefer's thumbs up applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4