MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tidal Wave quick reference sheet (beta)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Author Tidal Wave quick reference sheet (beta)
geremyf
Hi,

Inspired by Reason101's quick reference guides for make noise modules and some of the 'quick start' guides to SSF modules, I attempted to make one for the Snazzy FX Tidal Wave. Please take a look and tell me what you think of my effort. I'm not positive it is 100% correct but did take the time to measure the frequency ranges etc. on my own module. I still have a couple things to add and I have contacted Dan to try to get answers and he was supportive. I figured I'd post the beta version here to solicit feedback before throwing it up to the larger Eurorack forum audience.

Major questions:
1) What does the green LED under the Q knob signify (I think it's filter self oscillation maybe, but I'm not 100% on that)?
2) The manual says the envelop is an AR envelope, but when triggered by the LFO I swear I have seen it sustain. The would make it an ASR envelope. I thought that in RAND mode it could possibly be used as an envelope follower on the INPUT (DRY) signal, but I haven't been able to get this to work. Can anyone help clarify?
3) I listed most of the CV inputs as Bipolar 10Vpp, but I'm not entirely sure that's true. Hopefully Dan will update if necessary.
4) No idea what the power consumption is on +/- 12V . Anyone?

Thanks. I tried to sprinkle helpful tips and wrote an example uses section, but if I've overlooked anything please let me know.

I had fun doing this and really enjoy the Tidal Wave. I wiggle this module a lot. I certainly learned more about what is capable of by preparing the file! It seems like an under appreciated gem, and I hope to help more folks open up to it. The SSF Entity thread spurred me to write this, because I think it shares a lot of the same features as that design.
Reason101
Ooooh have I started a trend? Nice to see. ;-) I think it looks really great. If everyone attempted to document one module, we could create a repository of cheat sheets here on Muffwiggler (and maybe even make it a sticky). ;-)

Great work! Thanks for the contribution. If I had a Snazzy FX module, I'd comment more about its functionality. But hopefully others can help answer your questions.

All my best,
Rob
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Page 1 of 1