MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Juno-66 microtonal update
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author Juno-66 microtonal update
tubbutec
The newest Juno-66 Firmware version 1.25 allows you to upload up to four different microtonal custom scales to the Juno-66, select them via the config menu.
https://tubbutec.de/tubbutec-firmware-updater/
bravedog
Hi, I understand the Juno66 manual instructions section to upload scala scales regarding Scala. But when hitting scala Send, how is computer connected to Juno 66? If computer is connected via usb-midi cable to Juno 66's midi in, can you specify type of cablerequired? Also, do your instructions mean the only program required on the computer for the upload of custom scala scales, is scala, and not any SySex program like Electron's C6 Manager? thanks

ps unrelated question, you say Juno 60 memory banks still work in 66 but without memorizing new features. But after 66 install, are the memory factory presets still installed, or are these wiped and need to be reinstalled with tape? thx
tubbutec
Hi,

the computer is connected to the Juno-66 midi in via a midi interface. This might be a USB midi interface, but anything will do.

Scala comes with a sysex uploader tool. MegaMid on pc, I don't know which one on OSX.

Quote:
ps unrelated question, you say Juno 60 memory banks still work in 66 but without memorizing new features. But after 66 install, are the memory factory presets still installed, or are these wiped and need to be reinstalled with tape? thx

The memory banks are not wiped, no need to use the tape interface.
bravedog
I understand the only function lost if converting to 66 is Transpose. You say somewhere there is a workaround, but I don't see any in the manual or elsewhere? thanks
tubbutec
Hi, most people I met use the Transpose button to transpose chords. There is a workaround for that, the chord memory function which does exactly that. If you want to transpose your keyboard in other play modes there is no convenient workaround. Howver if you upload a scale via Scala anyway, you can specify the base note there which acts like a transpose function.
bravedog
thx, personally I use it mostly with the arpeggiate and hold while actively changing chords - looking in your manual at the chord hold function I do believe I would lose this functionality, which as you suggest is idiosyncratic

tempted to modify anyway in order to get true 6 voice polyphony with Scala scales which would be really nice
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1