MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

*VIDEO* Vintage Synth Lab VCF-74 (ADDED VIDEO)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author *VIDEO* Vintage Synth Lab VCF-74 (ADDED VIDEO)
ben_hex
Thought I'd add this video here that I thought I had uploaded already but realised I hadn't. So rather than sitting on a hard drive here's the awesome VCF-74 with some killer saturated filter sweeps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM-m08UCYto

Bear with me and my cold in this video! All sympathy for my man flu is welcome in the comments! Onto more serious chat ... this thing is killer! It's such as awesome filter I've been using loads and on everything for a while now.

For those wanting more I had a jam on it with a *FIRST PATCH* video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isATHXYlFSE

Hit like and subscribe for more videos every week and check the Patreon link below to see how you can support my channel.

http://www.patreon.com/divkid

https://youtu.be/zC_f2cJtji8

ben_hex
no love for this one? I thought people would be jumping at it. I'm really blown away by the filter.
bgcriswell
I think it sounds great! I might pick one up this weekend. I always get a lot of great info from your videos (and GAS). Thanks for doing them.
matttech
Bags of character..and a great video! thumbs up
brianobush
ben_hex wrote:
no love for this one? I thought people would be jumping at it. I'm really blown away by the filter.

Sounds wonderful and I like the black face, thanks for the GAS! I like the attenuators on most of the CV inputs.

BTW you sound good with a cold. hihi
Purveyor2
Great vid. I'm also surprised by the perceived lack of interest. This is a fantastic filter.
MindMachine
It sounds fantastic. It's a bit wide on HP (especially for how small the knobs are). I like room to wiggle, but it still seems a little wide to me.

I actually like the sound of the older Korgs, which this is based on, more than the MS-xx series.

Price seems fine for a 2x filter. Features are nice. It sounds fantastic.
EATyourGUITAR
MindMachine wrote:
It's a bit wide on HP (especially for how small the knobs are)

Guinness ftw! MY ASS IS BLEEDING Dead Banana very frustrating
MindMachine
EATyourGUITAR wrote:
MindMachine wrote:
It's a bit wide on HP (especially for how small the knobs are)

Guinness ftw! MY ASS IS BLEEDING Dead Banana very frustrating

I take that as an emphatic thumbs up .
clusterchord
its nice but overall i think i prefer the NLC (Andrew) interpretation of the Traveller circuit. it has characteristic liquid and chewy tone the high end, which i find truer to the vintage korg.

VCF-74 seems tad overdriven at all times, and as always the extreme high end, where "silk" and "liquid" usually reside, gets shaven off.
ben_hex
bgcriswell wrote:
I think it sounds great! I might pick one up this weekend. I always get a lot of great info from your videos (and GAS). Thanks for doing them.

Thank you, happy to fuel the GAS! twisted

matttech wrote:
Bags of character..and a great video! thumbs up

cheers mate!

brianobush wrote:
ben_hex wrote:

Sounds wonderful and I like the black face, thanks for the GAS! I like the attenuators on most of the CV inputs.

BTW you sound good with a cold. hihi

haha thanks! If it's something you like then you may be glad to know the bloody cold has been lingering for weeks and just doesn't want to shift. Was off work for a couple of days and then still about a week and half of it slowly phasing out.

Purveyor2 wrote:
Great vid. I'm also surprised by the perceived lack of interest. This is a fantastic filter.

Might be that my video is late to the party as the guys at Vintage Synth Lab did a range of videos themselves too.

MindMachine wrote:
It sounds fantastic. It's a bit wide on HP (especially for how small the knobs are). I like room to wiggle, but it still seems a little wide to me.

I actually like the sound of the older Korgs, which this is based on, more than the MS-xx series.

Price seems fine for a 2x filter. Features are nice. It sounds fantastic.

Guess it might have meant stacking boards for the circuit if the HP was lower. I get what you mean though it's a tad wide for the amount of knobs and jacks. I do like the design though, nice to glance over at while working on other things in my room.

haha EATyourGUITAR

clusterchord wrote:
its nice but overall i think i prefer the NLC (Andrew) interpretation of the Traveller circuit. it has characteristic liquid and chewy tone the high end, which i find truer to the vintage korg.

VCF-74 seems tad overdriven at all times, and as always the extreme high end, where "silk" and "liquid" usually reside, gets shaven off.

Hey clusterchord that's interesting. Does the sound of the VCF-74 hit the mark for you with lower input levels? I did lower it at points but I do like it clipped out at full level.
patilon
great demo ben_hex! w00t

i got the vcf-74 today and the first impression is very good!
does the led have any other purpose than indicating it´s powered on?
never had a module with a comparable useless element in it.
so it´s hard to believe this is all it does smile
ben_hex
patilon wrote:
great demo ben_hex! w00t

i got the vcf-74 today and the first impression is very good!
does the led have any other purpose than indicating it´s powered on?
never had a module with a comparable useless element in it.
so it´s hard to believe this is all it does smile

I'm not sure to be honest, might just be to say it's on. I think that's all it is. Pretty sure actually.

You'd be surprised how amazingly useful that is in a situation where you're trouble shooting things.
pinkflag16
Played this in the store again today, and I definitely think I need one now. It's just... classy.
pinkflag16
pinkflag16 wrote:
Played this in the store again today, and I definitely think I need one now. It's just... classy.

And now I have one. Woooo!
moontrills
Got a mk2 in the mail. Very excited.
I fell in love with the mini korg when I played the one they had at perfect circuit for a brief time.
whinger
I too recently received mine and it's ace. Don't understand why this filter isn't more popular.
matttech
I think it is fairly popular to be fair. I'm certainly selling more of these than any other filter at the moment.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1