MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

pressure points x2 and brains issue ( i have used the search
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author pressure points x2 and brains issue ( i have used the search
msegarra
i bought a new Pressure points today and after following the instructional video, reading the manual, and searching the forums the same problem remains.

When i touch the plates of pp1 the leds on pp2 move, pp2 plates work as expected. Clock in only moves the led on pp2, and only the voltages of pp2 come out.

any ideas as to where to start?

- any and all help would be hugely appreciated,

Mike
mdoudoroff
Double check your ribbon cables?

Failing that, disconnect the three modules from each other and make sure both PP units are otherwise behaving as they should?
sackley
I think having a good ground connection for the case and modules was pretty critical.

You could also check the touch plate sensitivity trimmers. I remember when I used this setup for a short time I had some issues with the touch plate sensitivity and grounding, leading to skipping steps and one unit taking priority over the other...

good luck!
msegarra
both pressure points work perfectly. im driving myself insane over it , and brains works perfectly with one pressure points, i have a feeling the issue is the chain is whats failing somewhere.

any help would be huge
mdoudoroff
Are you absolutely sure you’re connecting the ribbon cables correctly?
moremagic
did you set the brains jumper from 1 pp to 2 ?
Drakhe
moremagic wrote:
did you set the brains jumper from 1 pp to 2 ?

Also check the jumpers on the PP's, depending on how they are set will decide which is the first and which is the second...
craigie77
Yep... jumpers dude..
the manuals a tough one cos its upside down and back to front.. keep at itll happen
dbeats
I just bought my second pp and a brains, and I had a very similar problem: I followed the video tutorial on the makenoise brains website and the brains manual. And as far as I understood they both tell you to set 2 of the 3 jumpers on the master pp and 0 jumpers on the slave pp. And they had the pp next to the brains as 1-4 and slave. It didn't work that way, so I really started to worry about maybe having a buggy module.

After checking each single pp works separately with the brains I decided to try out my own configuration out of common sense: I set all 3 jumpers on the master pp (as it seems to be written on the pcb) and made it the 1-4 next to the brains, and it turned out to work as expected that way.

I cannot believe such a popular module has such an essential error in its documentation, so what am I missing here?
Drakhe
dbeats wrote:
I just bought my second pp and a brains, and I had a very similar problem: I followed the video tutorial on the makenoise brains website and the brains manual. And as far as I understood they both tell you to set 2 of the 3 jumpers on the master pp and 0 jumpers on the slave pp. And they had the pp next to the brains as 1-4 and slave. It didn't work that way, so I really started to worry about maybe having a buggy module.

After checking each single pp works separately with the brains I decided to try out my own configuration out of common sense: I set all 3 jumpers on the master pp (as it seems to be written on the pcb) and made it the 1-4 next to the brains, and it turned out to work as expected that way.

I cannot believe such a popular module has such an essential error in its documentation, so what am I missing here?

Are you sure you have the latest version of the manual, because that's exactly what it says in the manual I have: on the master, close all 3 jumpers... I installed according to this manual and had no problems at all.

Make sure you have the correct version before you critique a document!
dbeats
Drakhe wrote:

Make sure you have the correct version before you critique a document!

I wish you were right. Well, I bought my brains a couple days ago. I downloaded the manual yesterday, from their original website, it says "2.4", here it is:
http://makenoisemusic.com/content/manuals/brainsmanual.pdf

Please have a look at page 5 (Brains with 2 PP) and tell me again I´m wrong. Also in the video:
https://youtu.be/WyAPOIwRfzM
julubudu
Hi!
I'm bumping this old thread because I just received a second PP, and I'm facing the very same problem. Only the master (5-8) PP is working properly, and when I touch the plates of the slave (1-4) PP it just moves the led on the master one.
I triple checked the jumpers, checked the ribbon cables with my voltmeter too. Each PP is working properly by itself and with the Brains.
In my case, the odd jumper position tried by dbeats is of no help.
Maybe a failure of Brains 5-8 pins or circuit?
Quite strange and frustrating.
To dbeats and msegarra: did you manage to make it work properly?
Thanks.
dbeats
julubudu wrote:
To dbeats and msegarra: did you manage to make it work properly?

Yes, it has been working properly for me since then, always, with the configuration described above.
The only thing that annoys me a bit is Brains reset behaviour, but that‘s a different topic.
julubudu
Thanks for your answer, dbeats. I didn't see it.

In my case, I was suspecting the Brains, though it works with one only PP, and that was confirmed by discussing with Make Noise technical support. I bought another Brains second-hand (was cheaper than sending mine to US and get it fixed), and it's now working normally with the 2 PPs.

dbeats wrote:
The only thing that annoys me a bit is Brains reset behaviour, but that‘s a different topic.

What is your problem with the reset?
dbeats
julubudu wrote:
dbeats wrote:

What is your problem with the reset?

From the Brains manual: "Reset Input: jumps to last touched stage on rising edge of clock"
I often use my 2PP+Brains as a simple 8-step 3-channel cv sequencer and ignore the touch plates altogether. So I often forget to initially touch the first plate after powering up my rig, and then there is no reset.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1