MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

1010 Music Bitbox - Sampler/Looper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next [all]
Author 1010 Music Bitbox - Sampler/Looper
Gyroscope
I've read the manual twice now and can't seem to get this figured out.

When I go in Sample mode to modify the Start and End points how can I save these changes? The only thing I could think of was to modify start and end points and then save the preset. This works BUT when I change to Slice mode I get the same initial sample without the changes applied. Is this normal? Am I missing something? help
DruidTek
Yes, that's normal. The Start and End points are only active in Sample Mode.
Gyroscope
DruidTek wrote:

Ok thanks. That's really annoying and I hope something can be done in a next update. To be able to truncate and manipulate samples and use them in whichever mode we want.
DruidTek
Gyroscope wrote:
DruidTek wrote:

Ok thanks. That's really annoying and I hope something can be done in a next update. To be able to truncate and manipulate samples and use them in whichever mode we want.

The Slicer is just for slicing up the wav file and mapping each slice to a different note. Why would you need to adjust the Start and End points? If you only wanted to use certain slices, then just program those notes? You can use the ADSR to manipulate the behaviour of the individual slices.
Gyroscope
DruidTek wrote:
Gyroscope wrote:
DruidTek wrote:

The Slicer is just for slicing up the wav file and mapping each slice to a different note. Why would you need to adjust the Start and End points? If you only wanted to use certain slices, then just program those notes? You can use the ADSR to manipulate the behaviour of the individual slices.

I made a mistake in my first post. Instead of Slice mode I should've wrote Clip mode. So adjusting sample start and end points in Sample mode and use the new resulting sample in Clip mode.
Gyroscope
Nobody else wish we could have basic sample editing functions? Simple chopping, trimming and deleting certain parts without having to resort to the computer. seriously, i just don't get it
Funky40
it has no trimming ?
i´m on the fence to get one. But i´d need to have some basic trimming
hmmm.....
Gyroscope
Funky40 wrote:
it has no trimming ?
hmmm.....

You won't have it. Maybe later but not for now.
scragz
Funky40 wrote:
it has no trimming ?
hmmm.....

You can very easily set the start and end points that it plays from to trim it up. I end up doing this for pretty much everything I record on there. You can't edit the sample or chop out parts from the middle though.
Funky40
scragz wrote:
Funky40 wrote:
it has no trimming ?
hmmm.....

You can very easily set the start and end points that it plays from to trim it up. I end up doing this for pretty much everything I record on there. You can't edit the sample or chop out parts from the middle though.

ok, that sounds like it does what i´d need to have.
much Thanks scragz
Funky40
Funky40 wrote:
it has no trimming ?

Ha, i just wanted to ask the same thing again hmmm..... lol
i have now a bitbox

1. the midi default channel is *allways* set to 10 after startup it seems ?
other settings get overwritten at powercycles ?

2. i have several feature requests (which make totally sense /simple to implement)
Should i go into the 1010 Forum to post those there ? does this make sense ?

the bitbox is nice to operate. Glad i got one now.
But i would not have wanted one pre FW 2.0.
means also: i will wait until i look at the blackbox again. seems to lack several things right now.
Shledge
I don't like how allergic they are to put in destructive editing like trimming. I even gave UI/UX suggestions to make it work and they've admitted that it's a popular request.

I'm really happy they have threshold recording now, but they still miss a lot of basics that people take for granted when it comes to samplers. It's a shame, because it's the only intuitive sampler module out there at the moment.
Funky40
Shledge wrote:
I don't like how allergic they are to put in destructive editing like trimming.

It's a shame, because it's the only intuitive sampler module out there at the moment.

You mean the 1010 Guys are allergic vs. that suggestion ?
hmm...... hmmm.....

Yes, the BB feels intuitive to operate.
The basic Concept is great. Yes, seems to lack still quite some basic functionality.
probably i still move towards ITB and use battery to play back samples.
( sequenzed from DT or Cirklon as i do with the BB )

personally i got the BB for quantised groove sampling.
Not donne that for now.
I think i will be happy with the BB.

It feels really good to create some Drm sample sets within euro on that touch display.
I´d gladly use the BB also as kind of a mini MPC ( NOT using the sequenzer part in my MPC).
But the operational functionality would have to be enhanced to not lose the fun doing so.
well, i will do me now some 1-2-3-4 Drum/percussion sets to have them ready at any time wink
Funky40
why i´m here:

i trigger the pads/sounds from midi.
now, i would like to use the EXT5-8 as CV inputs.

i run now a sinewave into EXT5 for test purposes to check the modulation thing.
but it triggers my sample

is there a way to disable the pad triggering aspect of EXT5-8 ?
or is the only workaround to NOT load any samples into these specific slots ?
bemushroomed
Shledge wrote:
I don't like how allergic they are to put in destructive editing like trimming.

I get the feeling that 1010music company is mainly 1 guy, at least the one doing the programming.. so i think it's more about not having the time to do everything.. there's a lot of modules now that needs updating, bug fixing, etc.
Halfgeleider
@funky40, whem Midi is used to trigger cells, modulation is not possible.
pekbro
I wonder if the MOK waverazor firmware will be compatible with the bitbox,
I've had the plugin since day 1, it's pretty interesting imho. I could see it
requiring a faster processor like the blackbox though.

I expect they wouldn't be able to give it away for free either. There should
be some means of getting it to 1010 users, barring hardware or licensing issues.
One would think so anyway...
Funky40
Halfgeleider wrote:
@funky40, whem Midi is used to trigger cells, modulation is not possible.

i thought i read that in the Manual, yes.
But IIRC was modulation by CV running *when* triggering the sample by midi.
need to check that again.
......modular is occupied with another patch right now.

another thing: input level for recording seemed quite low, is it ?
i fed it my normal outgoing modular signals and it was weak as fuck.
need to check this also again.

there are halfassed corners that i get.
others i don´t.
speaking in general.
Gyroscope
The new firmware for Blackbox (1.1) now supports destructive editing. Maybe this will soon be the case with Bitbox too.
gummyboy
Hi.
I have simple questions. Sorry if this has been questioned...

1. If I have 8 signals going into all 8 "CV Modulators" inputs, do I lose last column of "CV Triggers"(4 trig. inputs)?

2. Can I have subfolder on the disk to organize samples? Does bitbox read them without problem?

Please someone help me before sale ends!!!!

Thanks in advanced.
rayultine
What sale do you speak of?
DruidTek
gummyboy wrote:
Hi.

1. If I have 8 signals going into all 8 "CV Modulators" inputs, do I lose last column of "CV Triggers"(4 trig. inputs)?

2. Can I have subfolder on the disk to organize samples? Does bitbox read them without problem?

Thanks in advanced.

Yes to both
gummyboy
DruidTek wrote:
gummyboy wrote:
Hi.

Thanks in advanced.

Yes to both

Thank you
gummyboy
rayultine wrote:
What sale do you speak of?

It ended...
gummyboy
Is bitbox 2.0(or 2.2) just new firmware or new hardware version?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next [all]
Page 51 of 52