MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

1010 Music Bitbox - Sampler/Looper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 [all]
Author 1010 Music Bitbox - Sampler/Looper
bemushroomed
gummyboy wrote:
Is bitbox 2.0(or 2.2) just new firmware or new hardware version?

I see that a 2.0 version is up on modular grid and approved by the dev, but i really think that's a mistake... 2.0 (and 2.5, which is the latest) is just the firmware. There is no 2.0 Bitbox unit on their site...
shanebroderick
How large is internal memory / storage drive on the bitbox?

I would like to dump a portion of my drum machine sample library onto this.
scragz
shanebroderick wrote:

It uses a MicroSD. I think 32GB is the suggested max.
bemushroomed
shanebroderick wrote:

It will fit, no problem... it uses micro SD cards, there are really large ones.. i have a 32gb one..
shanebroderick
Okay, I guess I am confused by this part...
"Play up to 16 simultaneous samples from internal memory or up to 4 samples directly from microSD."

If I want to play 16 simultaneous samples from internal memory... what is my storage limitation?
bemushroomed
shanebroderick wrote:
Okay, I guess I am confused by this part...
"Play up to 16 simultaneous samples from internal memory or up to 4 samples directly from microSD."

If I want to play 16 simultaneous samples from internal memory... what is my storage limitation?

64MB, so plenty.

I have 25+ drum samples in my Sonic Potions LXR... the max size of all samples is 490kb...

you will not trigger 16 drum voices at the exact same time either, that's the limitation i guess, that if you want 16 voice polyphony it would need to be loaded from its RAM, as i take it. But i don't know, i've not run into any limitations with it as a drum machine. My current setup is 16 drum sounds, some very long (crashes and cymbals).
DruidTek
The "streaming 4 samples from the micro SD card" quote refers to playback of very long samples, i.e. if they're an hour long, you can only stream four of them at once. If you're using short drum hits you can load .wav files with up to 127 one-shots in them into the Slicer, effectively giving you many hundreds of samples per preset. Running 8 cells with 64 one-shots in them (512) seems to be about the limit of the processor, in my experience.
Funky40
DruidTek wrote:
i.e. if they're an hour long, you can only stream four of them at once.

is this true this way also for stereo samples ?
if so, would it mean the bitbox would qualifie for 8 mono streams at the same time ?
the 64MB would qualifie for something like 5,5minutes stereo IIRC, right ?

DruidTek wrote:
......effectively giving you many hundreds of samples per preset. Running 8 cells with 64 one-shots in them (512) seems to be about the limit of the processor, in my experience.

how are "You" sequenzing such "slice-chained" Drums ?
are you going by midi or CV ?
In case, does it feel good sequenzing the slices by CVs ?
what number of slices feels best "for You", per cell ?

i have a bitbox. Not dived so far in any of these two scenarios.
shanebroderick
kall wrote:
It's come up in this thread before, but it was the key for me to enjoying bitbox so I thought it was worth repeating:

Use 48 kHz samples!!!

Apparently using 44.1 kHz puts more strain on Bitbox, but it also seems to introduce ringing artifacts even at base pitch.

I have also found that if I get a lot of ringing artifacts when repitching, resampling the file to 96 kHz or even 192 kHz really helps. Not sure how big the processor strain is, but at 192 kHz I have zero ringing over a wide pitch range for a file that was really bad at 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz.

The bit depth doesn't seem to make a difference.

Has the firmware addressed this issue? or 24 bit / 44.1 khz samples just dont work with this module?
Shledge
Samplerate doesn't seem to matter with mine.
bemushroomed
shanebroderick wrote:

Has the firmware addressed this issue? or 24 bit / 44.1 khz samples just dont work with this module?

you should not use 44.1 since that will affect latency because Bitbox has to do an internal conversion to 48KHz.

I can play them just fine though..

Funky40 wrote:

In case, does it feel good sequenzing the slices by CVs ?

I slice them with the incoming trigger, no need for CV. Works great. It can trig them either in a linear path, random or backwards.. Random is great if you want a more organic sound, e.g to have a sample with the "same" bassdrums, just slight changes in them (for example pitch, volume, attack or cutoff, perhaps some has distortion etc etc).
Palme
Hi,

I want to ask some questions before i buy one, sorry if they have been asked before:
What i want to do is to record some textured pads, like a selfosscilating reverb, etc. and then play it polyphonically with a midi keyboard, with per-voice envelopes.

How well does it handle this pitching? does it resample it, like i have heard the rossum assimil8or does?
how many octaves down from the original sample will to still sound good?
is what i am talking about possible at all?

Thanks
Shledge
It will act like any other sampler, so it's not going to resample.
Dennis
Morning Y'all!

i just bought myself a bitbox and now while waiting for it im preparing samples and wanted to ask following:

i want to use drum loops that i mainly create myself in Ableton

is it faster/more convenient to put all of my loops onto the SD card and use them from there

or is it faster/ more easy to record all loops with the sync record function into the bitbox?

where do i have to slice more? and how ''accurate'' do the samples have to be cut? i am afraid of clicks and pops

oh and what are the requirements for the SD card? i want to use a fast 64 GB card at least.
mritenburg
Dennis wrote:
is it faster/more convenient to put all of my loops onto the SD card and use them from there

or is it faster/ more easy to record all loops with the sync record function into the bitbox?

where do i have to slice more? and how ''accurate'' do the samples have to be cut? i am afraid of clicks and pops

oh and what are the requirements for the SD card? i want to use a fast 64 GB card at least.

Yes, it’s super easy cutting perfect loops in an audio editor then moving them to folders on the SD card. I recommend doing it this way.

The slicer built into the Bitbox works quite well and automatically detects zero-crossing points for click free slices.

I use a 32 GB fast card with no issues. I’m not sure if there is a size limit.
Dennis
thanks mritenburg for the answer! im so excited for some refreshing percussion elements love
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 [all]
Page 52 of 52