MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

1010 Music Bitbox - Sampler/Looper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 50, 51, 52  Next [all]
Author 1010 Music Bitbox - Sampler/Looper
matttech
lionelfischer wrote:
1010music wrote:
lionelfischer wrote:
individual outs please. if not, hopefully with an expander module?

crossfade looping for smooth loops?

There are two mono FX sends for external processing of some of the samples. Yes, we do provide crossfading to make the looping smooth.

if there's any way for this to output more than two mono isolated tracks that would be huge game changing feature.. any way to get at least 3 or 4 tracks output separately? even with exapnsion module, would be super incredible.

Surely if there is a way to send sounds individually to FX sends (for external processing ) you would simply be able to pick 2 sounds, then send them out of these fx sends for processing within your rig. You would still have the main outs...making 4 in total
Daisuk
So - can you say pack an SD card with 4gb's worth of samples and easily access 16 of them at the same time from the Bitbox (or, you know, load them into 16 slots)?
nangu
Looks like it. They posted two videos yesterday:

Fiddlestickz
this will make an insane dedicated drum sampler...want..!!
Daisuk
Fiddlestickz wrote:
this will make an insane dedicated drum sampler...want..!!

Exactly! applause
1010music
Hi all,

I am pleased to report that Bitbox is now shipping. You can review our list of dealers here:

http://1010music.com/dealers

We are also accepting orders from our website, for shipment to the US only:

http://1010music.com/product/bitbox-eurorack-module-with-touchscreen

Thank you for your support,

The 1010music team
thebrotherspus
Wow, looks great!
Hopefully there'll be an easy way to get one in Canada eventually.
Looks like a lot of fun!
Daisuk
I'm officially super interested in this one now. Mr. Green Asked them a few questions over mail, and sharing the answers I got here (I'm sure they won't mind). My questions in italic;

How big an sd card can be used, and is there a limit to the amount of files you can access from the SD card (not read directly, just access and load into the internal memory)?

We have successfully tested 32GB cards and the module is designed to accommodate up to 65,000 WAV files.

Can you put your files in folders and have the bitbox recognize folders (in other words - organize a bunch of samples)?

Bitbox only recognizes files in the root directory.

Can you use the two effects outs as separate outs, so in effect have 4 separate outs of the bitbox?
Can you decide and assign which samples/clips goes to which outputs?

The output assignments are per track, which is the vertical columns of 4 cells each. For each track, you can assign the output to go to FX1 (mono), FX2 (mono) or Out 1/2 (stereo). In other words, you really have three separate outputs, one of them is in stereo.

Can you say load 8 samples from the SD card into 8 slots, and use 4 slots to record to at the same time?

You can mix and match samples from the SD card with those you record yourself. Recording can only capture one slot or cell at a time.

---

Sounds bloody ace to me. smile
shellfritsch
congrats on the launch 1010music!
some questions:

1) if you have a sliced loop, can you choose which slice playback starts from with CV?

2) can you resample?

3) are samples triggered via midi velocity sensitive?

4) would be possible to invert the display?

5) can you reverse sample playback?

thanks!
Funky40
Analogue Haven not listed as a vendor ?
Escape from Noise not listed as a vendor ?

hmmm.....

might that change ?
GNE
I just made the jump and bought one.
Hope when it shows up the software is worked out and bug free. Haha.
My excitement outweighed my dread of being an early adopter / beta tester.
fwheel
This looks fantastic! I have a few questions as well:

Does the pitch mod track 1/v oct?

This one's for my wiggler comrades: since there's 16 inputs for triggering loops, what kind of a trigger sequencer would you think is the optimal pairing with this one? hmmm.....
Daisuk
Also, is there a way to pan any of the samples that are routed to the stereo output?
Metrorobotikon
here are some triggered sampled drums that the bitbox ships with. Killer drum sampler.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMqS_r_BRLF/?taken-by=chickenneckpalace

Very easy to record as well. Here is a demo of a live recording into Bitbox

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMrwS4WhSss/?taken-by=chickenneckpalace
Metrorobotikon
the Bitbox is a pleasure to use. the layout is simple and the quality of recordings sounds fantastic. looking forward to future feature updates.
yalivec
oh, thanx for volume control - this makes it an ideal sampler for me! I'll get one!!! woah
Daisuk
Metrorobotikon wrote:
here are some triggered sampled drums that the bitbox ships with. Killer drum sampler.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMqS_r_BRLF/?taken-by=chickenneckpalace

Very easy to record as well. Here is a demo of a live recording into Bitbox

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMrwS4WhSss/?taken-by=chickenneckpalace

Awesome. woah Thanks for the clips and the mini-review, just ordered one from Juno. Mr. Green
fwheel
One more question! Is it possible to have one mod input affect multiple samples at once? For example an lfo affecting three different samples' pitches simultaneously.
1010music
shellfritsch wrote:

1) if you have a sliced loop, can you choose which slice playback starts from with CV?

You can use CV to modulate the start position of a sliced loop, however it lacks quantization and may not be the slice selector you are seeking.

shellfritsch wrote:

2) can you resample?

Not easily. You can record and playback at the same time, however the record monitoring through the Out1/2 will create feedback. You could send the output to FX1 and FX2, connect these to In1/2, and record that way if you really wanted.

shellfritsch wrote:

3) are samples triggered via midi velocity sensitive?

4) would be possible to invert the display?

5) can you reverse sample playback?
thanks!

For these last three, today the answer is no. I have added them to our request list.

Thank you for your questions.
1010music
fwheel wrote:
This looks fantastic! I have a few questions as well:

Does the pitch mod track 1/v oct?

This one's for my wiggler comrades: since there's 16 inputs for triggering loops, what kind of a trigger sequencer would you think is the optimal pairing with this one? hmmm.....

The pitch modulation is meant as a special effect and is not calibrated to 1v/octave. There is an amount control to help you dial it in as you like.

Regarding the sequencer, I personally like the BeatStep Pro as it has the TRS MIDI port that enables you to connect with Bitbox using one wire and control all 16 pads directly.
1010music
Daisuk wrote:
Also, is there a way to pan any of the samples that are routed to the stereo output?

There is currently no pan control. However, the module will honor the panning built into stereo WAV files. So, you could make a sample use only the Out1 if the source file had the audio panned hard left.

I will add this request to our wish list. Thanks for writing.
1010music
fwheel wrote:
One more question! Is it possible to have one mod input affect multiple samples at once? For example an lfo affecting three different samples' pitches simultaneously.

Thanks for writing. Each of the mod inputs can only affect one sample. You could use an external repeater and 3 mod inputs to do what you suggested.

I will add this item to our request list.
GNE
Quote:
The pitch modulation is meant as a special effect and is not calibrated to 1v/octave. There is an amount control to help you dial it in as you like.

That is kind of surprising.... I don't play melodic music so its not a big deal I guess.

What is the pitch range?
shellfritsch
1010music wrote:

i really hope 1v/oct is possible in the near future
poppinger
Can you use the Bitbox to record and play back CV or is it audio only?

Regardless of the answer this is very cool looking. w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 50, 51, 52  Next [all]
Page 3 of 52