MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

1010 Music Bitbox - Sampler/Looper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46  Next [all]
Author 1010 Music Bitbox - Sampler/Looper
mdoudoroff
A new Ableton-inspired sampler/looper from a new developer debuted at Machines in Music.

http://1010music.com

It was difficult to get a firm grasp on its capabilities and limitations in the chaos of the hall, but it appears to be intended to be suitable for everything from drum samples to sampled loops to recording entire song parts.

tthogs
Hey now, looks cool.

"With its clock and MIDI inputs, you can play and capture in sync with the rest of your rack. "

Sounds like this would be fun to use as a performance looper. You can save 12 sets as well.
nerven
curious to see the midi implementation on this...can it record live? seems to be a lot of sample players racing to market...
Fiddlestickz
ok now you have got my attention... eek!

Capabilities include*

Playback of up to 16 simultaneous samples triggered from the touch screen, CV gates, or MIDI input
Various launch modes, including one-shot, gate, and quantized
Playback can be immediate or synchronized to analog or MIDI clock
Stereo recording with the option to synchronize the start and stop times
Control of various parameters, including start position, length, pitch, gain, loop mode, and quantization
Record up to 6 hours in a single pass
Save and recall up to 12 different sets of samples and their configuration
Stereo output with 2 additional effect send busses
4 modulation inputs capable of launching an entire row of clips at once or modulating sample start, length, or pitch
Fiddlestickz
now the big question..

how much $$ ??
mwvm
Jeezo 2016 is the year of the sampler!
strangeowl
Question two: will there be a break-out with separate outputs per channel?

3 stereo out (if the fx outs are stereo) is better than 1 mono of course but I would love to be able to keep the chains modularand add modules to every signal chain smile

Question three: when?
Fiddlestickz
come on someone must surely have a rough idea of the price, how are we supposed to plan to save for these things when we are always kept in suspense about these most basic things..?
Zymos
strangeowl wrote:

3 stereo out (if the fx outs are stereo) is better than 1 mono of course but I would love to be able to keep the chains modularand add modules to every signal chain smile

Says Nov 1 on their site.

Someone has to say it: of which year? cool
Innerself2007
Looks good on paper, definitely interested in price as well.
Curious how this will stack up against the Er-301
damase
strangeowl wrote:

+1 stereo out per channel
This is the same limitation that holds the octatrack back.

I wonder if the midi input will allow cc control. That would be that would make it very useful
Eurocat
The only way I won't be buying this is if it's over 700 bucks!
nerven
[quote="damase"]
strangeowl wrote:

I wonder if the midi input will allow cc control. That would be that would make it very useful

yes, very...hope it can Rec/Stop/Play/Select loops with midi pedals...USB midi would have been sweet too, but no biggie...
flashheart
Fiddlestickz wrote:
come on someone must surely have a rough idea of the price, how are we supposed to plan to save for these things when we are always kept in suspense about these most basic things..?

If this is a prototype they may not yet have an idea of actual manufacturing costs yet. Building a prototype is completely different from doing a run, and looks like this is a new company as well.
Fiddlestickz
flashheart wrote:
Fiddlestickz wrote:

If this is a prototype they may not yet have an idea of actual manufacturing costs yet. Building a prototype is completely different from doing a run, and looks like this is a new company as well.

due for release in under 3 weeks...? price must surely be close to finalized..?
jonne74
Looks like it's in karaoke mode, judging by the lyrics on the screen.. hihi
mwvm
jonne74 wrote:
Looks like it's in karaoke mode, judging by the lyrics on the screen.. hihi

i'm kinda confused by this too
revtor
The demo at MiM was lacking to say the least. The guy explained alot of cool things and then didn't really come correct demo-wise. A MIDI keyboard playing drum hits one per key.

Didn't ask about price.
ethnotronics
mwvm wrote:
Jeezo 2016 is the year of the sampler!

Let's hope, but none are here yet!
Maybe 2017 is going to be hihi
hyena
reflex liveloop is here since a while in fact
nerven
hyena wrote:
reflex liveloop is here since a while in fact

Just based on layout alone, I don't think the reflex loop compares...
mdoudoroff
~$599

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-bitbox

I’m guessing they’re not gonna make Nov. 1.
Fiddlestickz
The only problem I see with a piece of gear like this is that it's a no name brand...people will fall to those they trust and have a good solid reputation for quality and reliability, not easy when you are no body launching something so potentially large like this..
Zymos
600 bucks, but "*microSD card not included".
Seems a bit chintzy...
Fiddlestickz
Am I the only one a bit suss that the manufacturer has not been here to spout the module..??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46  Next [all]
Page 1 of 46