MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[Preorder] horstronic Arcade button module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author [Preorder] horstronic Arcade button module
horstronic
------------ Update 28. November: BOM added ---------------

Hello everybody,

there’s a small project I’ve been working on lately that I want to share with you.
After releasing the joystick module, Steve of thonk asked me if I wanted to do an accompanying arcade button module for it.
At first I saw it more as a joke but then I realized that you could do some fun stuff with it.
So here it is:

It is a 6HP module that features 2 inputs and 6 outputs:
- 2 gate outputs (OnGate is high when the button is pressed, OffGate is high when it is released)
- 2 trigger outputs, putting out a 10ms trigger signal when pressing (OnTrigger) and releasing (OffTrigger) the button
- A FlipFlop output that changes its state when the button is pressed; can be used as a /2 divider for clocks or audio (>20kHz) as well
- A signal input and output to turn on and off any signal you want to put through it (buffered)
- A Gate input, so you can skip the button and use the module as a simplified comparator (OnGate, OffGate), trigger generator (OnTrigger, OffTrigger), clock divider (FlipFlop) or whatever comes to your mind

It's great for triggering drums because the response of the button is pretty good and fast. Maybe it might even make sense to use multiple modules for that purpose.
But there are also a lot of other purposes that come to mind. Like using it with the joystick and a S/H to select values of the joystick on a button press.
I think it could a great addition to a lot of systems whithout being too hp-intensive smile

As you can see the module features a double sided panel (as seen on my joystick module) so you can decide whether you want the button on the top or the bottom. As the panel PCB can't just be turned like the panel because of the arrangement of the components there will be two panel PCBs shipped with every PCB set, one for having the button on the top and one for mounting it at the bottom.

The output voltage can be set from about 5-10V with a trimmer for all ouputs together except the "signal out" so you can decide by yourself.

The prices are as follows:
PCB set: 14,00€
Double sided aluminium panel: 20,00€
Arcade button: 3,00€

The number of buttons available is 40.

Shipping costs:
PCBs + panels only: 3€ germany, 5€ worldwide
Orders including buttons (not trackable, not insured): 5€ germany, 10€ EU, 17€ worldwide
Orders including buttons (trackable, insured): 6€ germany, 16€ EU, 37€ worldwide

If you want to preorder, please just write down the quantity you’d like down in this thread.
Apart from that I’d be happy about any kind of ideas for improvement or feedback/critics in general.

Cheers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Order list:

Name [number of PCB sets] [number of panels] [number of buttons]
Green Name means paid, red name means shipped.

teebeehex [2] [2] [2]
oberkorn [1-2] [1-2] [1-2]
MacSynth [1-2] [1-2] [0]
maltemark [2] [2] [0]
acgenerator [2] [2] [0]
sammy123 [1] [1] [1]
tommy.york [2] [2] [2]
mckenic [1] [1] [1]
keninverse [2] [2] [2]
Reality Checkpoint [1] [1] [1]
Zaibach [2] [2] [2]
appliancide [2] [1] [1]
HipDestroyer [1?] [1?] [1?]
audiohawk [1] [1] [1]
broon_777 [2] [2] [2]
Paranormal Patroler [1] [1] [1]
webboy [2] [2] [2]
thresholdpeople [4] [0] [0]
dsmurray [1] [0] [1]
Stides [1] [1] [1]
donpachi [1] [1] [1]
zemm [1] [1] [0]
Pengapung [1] [1] [1]
teebeehex
I still need to sort my joysticks but, yep, I'm in for two at this stage.
oberkorn
yes thanks. one or two would be nice
EDIT: I'll take one for now, thanks
MacSynth
I'd be interested in one or two pcbs/panels!
maltemark
Interested in two pcb/panel. Let us mash some buttons!
acgenerator
Pencil me in for 2 sets + 2 panels [edit: maybe 2 buttons too]

what i like is it's a manual gate that can:
- double as a stand-alone switch
- has latching / flip-flop
- a more than just an on/off output

How may HP is this?

I also recommend having an option for the game buttons / switches for those that don't stock them in their labs.
horstronic
acgenerator wrote:
Pencil me in for 2 sets + 2 panels

what i like is it's a manual gate that can:
- double as a stand-alone switch
- has latching / flip-flop
- a more than just an on/off output

How may HP is this?

I also recommend having an option for the game buttons / switches for those that don't stock them in their labs.

It is 6hp.
I will have some of those buttons for sale, just as last time with the joystick. I just forgot to say that, thanks for reminding me smile
sammy123
I'm in for one set and a button.
tommy.york
I'd be in for two sets and two buttons.

I, also, need to get on my joystick though. It'll be cool to have a little performance set. Dead Banana
mckenic
Of course I'd have to add this to my still to be built Joystick :-)
One please!

[EDIT] Oops - with button please if still an option! thumbs up
keninverse
I'm interested in 2 also.
Reality Checkpoint
1 set for me please (including button).

Great stuff! screaming goo yo
Zaibach
I thought my modular was pretty much complete, but you just made me realize that I was wrong.

Two sets including buttons, for me, please! SlayerBadger!
appliancide
I am interested in one full set, plus two pcbs.
HipDestroyer
Haha, this is really a fantastic idea. Really weird and funny but potentially mighty useful. Great job! I may be down for one
audiohawk
A Joystick mate!
Interested in 1 set with button
J3RK
I don't actually need one, but just wanted to say that those are my favorite buttons! I use them wherever I can. screaming goo yo
broon_777
Very cool project & great feature set,

interested in 2 PCB sets, panels + buttons please. Cheers
Paranormal Patroler
Damn, I can't solder right now as I don't have any way of doing it but if anyone would be willing to make one for me I'd be very interested. These look nice!
mckenic
Frying Pan Bash!

I'll do it for ya!
horstronic
Thank you for your comments. I have enough orders to make a small run of these now. If it all works out, I should have them available in a month or so.
I will keep you updated!
acgenerator
what's the depth on this BTW? Can we assume skiff friendly?
horstronic
acgenerator wrote:
what's the depth on this BTW? Can we assume skiff friendly?

Yes, it will be about 38mm deep.
webboy
Two sets of PCBs + Panels and 2 buttons please.
horstronic
I just added an order list to the first post. If you ordered, please check if I got it all right.
I'm awaiting the panel prototype to arrive on thursday and I'm planning to fix the pricing in the meantime.

Everybody who ordered: Please do me a favor and send me an email to horstronic ät icloud dot com, containing the following information:
- forum name
- exact number of ordered PCBs, panels and buttons
- your address
- the email address of your paypal account
(if you have one), so I can send you an invoice

That would help me a lot.
Thank you!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4