MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

µTune - Micro Tonal midi cv converter, quantizer, editor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Author µTune - Micro Tonal midi cv converter, quantizer, editor
six_minds
tubbutec wrote:
six_minds wrote:
Just to check- is the expander module also in production?? thanks!

No, it is still in development and will be available at a later date

ah pity, well am still ready to get at least two! (:
calaveras
very frustrating
tubbutec
Assembled Tubbutec µTune boards will be delivered to us in the next days. We will then test them and as soon we are sure they work perfectly, pre order will start. Here is a not-quite-complete product page:
https://tubbutec.de/µtune/
bravedog
midi in will output max of 4 voice polyphonic out, right? [is there any potential via eg making 2 voice per output channel, to increase this to 8 voice polyphony in future firmware?]

lacking that, will planned expander increase polyphonic max to 6 voice or what? thx
tubbutec
This is a two channel device with 2 CV out, 2 Gate out. So maximum two voice polyphonic (duophonic)

By using extension modules, you can get more channels, et least 8 in total.
thresholdpeople
any idea when the DIY version will be available?
tubbutec
thresholdpeople wrote:
any idea when the DIY version will be available?

Same time as the normal version. Soon.
tubbutec
Mechanical prototype of the extension module. 2 complete channels (2x gate in, 2x cv in, 2x gate out, 2x cv out) in 2HP:
tubbutec
For those of you who want to start planning their modular system, µTune is now on modulargrid:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/tubbutec-%C2%B5tune-
bravedog
tubbutec wrote:
This is a two channel device with 2 CV out, 2 Gate out. So maximum two voice polyphonic (duophonic)

By using extension modules, you can get more channels, et least 8 in total.

Thanks. As the extension module has 2 CV outs, to get 8 voice polyphonic, would 3 chained extension modules be needed [they'd have this ability if chained, true polyphonic from a single keyboard midi? Or do you mean additional sugnals but not true polyphony ie all 8 notes simultaneously played in a chord on the keyboard?]? Also do you have a rough estimate of extension module price and release date?

Also, does SD card slot load Scala files directly?
tubbutec
bravedog wrote:

Is the extension module has 2 CV outs, to get 8 voice polyphonic, would 3 chained extension modules be needed

That is correct.
They will have true polyphony. It will even be possible to have any combination of multiple polyphonic and monophonic configuratoins.

bravedog wrote:

Also do you have a rough estimate of extension module price and release date?

I will try to make it as affordable as possible, but have to wait for quotes from manufacturers first.

bravedog wrote:

Also, does SD card slot load Scala files directly?

Yes, it can load, edit and save Scala files directly.
Paranormal Patroler
Some questions which are raised by my (very particular) needs at the moment but might shed some light to other people's inquiries:

Seems like as the software stands both channels are using the same scale for the moment? How soon do you plan to allow for separate scales per channel?

On your site you mention that we can use the CV in to "transpose channel 1/2 and shift scale chan 1/2" but below you also mention that one of the planned features is to "switch scales via CV in". So as I understand it, it's not possible to change scales via CV in right now, right?

Is it possible to assign one of the Gate inputs to fire notes on the MIDI output (NoteOn) only when a Gate is received without any effect on the CV outputs? I want it to scale incoming signals but only fire MIDI notes when a Gate occurs.
tubbutec
Paranormal Patroler wrote:

Seems like as the software stands both channels are using the same scale for the moment? How soon do you plan to allow for separate scales per channel?

It is at the top of the TODO list, so it will very likely be part of the first firmware update. Currently we are concentrating on getting a well-tested, stable firmware version.

So as I understand it, it's not possible to change scales via CV in right now, right?

That is correct. The difficulty in implementing this (as so often) lies in the user interface. With thousands of scales on the SD card, which ones do you present to the user via CV? So we are looking into providing a way to store 'favorites' which can then be switched via CV.

Is it possible to assign one of the Gate inputs to fire notes on the MIDI output (NoteOn) only when a Gate is received without any effect on the CV outputs? I want it to scale incoming signals but only fire MIDI notes when a Gate occurs.

Yes, absolutely. Just configure Gate-in as 'none' and route the CV-to-Midi information to the output of your choice in the midi router. Note on and off are then generated on each rising and falling gate event.
tubbutec
Now getting really close to the release !! hyper

Test productions were successful, SD cards are here, just waiting for the USB cables. Thank you all for pre-ordering smile
NewNewRon
Wow. I'd been away for a while. You have been busy!! I see no way to order from the website so I assume pre-orders are sold out but maybe we can order new modules soon?
tubbutec
NewNewRon wrote:
Wow. I'd been away for a while. You have been busy!! I see no way to order from the website so I assume pre-orders are sold out but maybe we can order new modules soon?

Module is now available at Schneiders Laden
or in the Tubbutec Shop
Paranormal Patroler
Did you separate the two channels so that each one has its own scale? Is there CV control over scale on this release? hyper
Knights Who Say Neve
tubbutec wrote:
NewNewRon wrote:

Module is now available at Schneiders Laden
or in the Tubbutec Shop

Does this mean that pre-orders have shipped?

I pre-ordered and paid on 9/10 (Order #4206), but I haven't received any notice of shipment. Or any notice, actually, aside from the automatic ones from the order page and paypal.

EDIT - Preorder shipped.
neonjung
Want. Really, really want.
tubbutec
Assembly, testing and calibration of the modules takes quite a lot of time and we have not been able to ship all of the pre-orders yet. Since Tuesday is a public holiday here, we will ship the rest on Wednesday. You will receive a mail with tracking number. Sorry for the delay...
mafouka
wow, the uTune seems so amazing!

A few questions, sorry in advance if they've already been answered here:

1: Unquantized CV input 1 to quantized CV output 1, can it be done? Block diagram seems to answer yes???

2: Will there be any US distributors selling this wonderful little device?

cheers
tubbutec
mafouka wrote:

1: Unquantized CV input 1 to quantized CV output 1, can it be done? Block diagram seems to answer yes???
cheers

So just normal quantizer operation? Yes. Or do you mean something else?

mafouka wrote:

2: Will there be any US distributors selling this wonderful little device?
cheers

We were in contact with perfectcircuitaudio, but so far they have not ordered. If you want things sped up, why not write them a mail, tell them you are interested in the module.
You can also order in our show, we ship worldwide:
https://tubbutec.de/product/%c2%b5tune/
tubbutec
Update: Currently working on the expander and automatic tuning feature. Both with promising results.
The autotune feature needs some tweaking and a proper gui, but is already great. On the slow setting it can compensate for oscillator drift, on faster settings it will set the correct pitch no matter how you tune your VCO.
tonymasiello
I received mine today. I managed to get it in the rack and make a quick demo video. I am very excited to really start digging into this module.

Here is a little demo video I did... It is a little rough, as this is the first time I've done a demo...

zed888
I'm having some problems with mine using the pitch CV out from a Waldorf KB37. The lowest 3 or so octaves work fine, but around note 40 I get problems with some semitones which will either not change in value from the previous note, or sometimes flick back and forth between the two values while the note is held. Any ideas? So far I've only been using 12-note scales, and I have the problem with the default 12tet tuning as well.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 8 of 10