MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

µTune - Micro Tonal midi cv converter, quantizer, editor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author µTune - Micro Tonal midi cv converter, quantizer, editor
tubbutec
Knights Who Say Neve wrote:

The Meng Qi doesn't have a quantized 12TET output though. The voltage outputs are unquantized

Even better!! Because this way the µTune can quantize the incoming cv with any notes/V you desire.
The scale editor shows the note currently played on channel 1 (as a small arrow on the left side). So you can see which note you currently hear.
And yes a 'learn' feature that selects the current input note as editing note is in development.
dharmatronix
Just got my uTune yesterday but the SD card was blank, wondering if someone would kindly share the factory content?
While I plan to upload some from cpu and create with editor eventually, for day one just wanted to do a QuickStart to try and get to know the new module.

Would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
tubbutec
Hi you can find the SD card content here:

Https://tubbutec.de/scale-packs/
dharmatronix
tubbutec wrote:
Hi you can find the SD card content here:

Https://tubbutec.de/scale-packs/

Sweet, Thank you, apologies if I overlooked it on your site but I could only the firmware earlier.

Looking forward to getting into this tonight!
six_minds
any news on the expander?
tubbutec
six_minds wrote:
any news on the expander?

Software developed progress is good., hardware finished and front panels ordered. We are confident we can keep our deadline and release the expander this spring
BootUpRootDown
Oh man I definitely need this.
tubbutec
thresholdpeople
screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
Knights Who Say Neve
applause applause applause applause applause

Sumtiple is my favorite new word
monads
Man I missed of missed this one!! I just ordered! Does this mean I can ditch my uScale II??

Looking forward to the Expander as well!
adnauseam
monads wrote:
Man I missed of missed this one!! I just ordered! Does this mean I can ditch my uScale II??

The uTune is pretty awesome and has a TON of scales that the uScale won't have. it does however, lack a certain hands-on playability the uScale has.

Trade-offs!
monads
adnauseam wrote:
monads wrote:

The uTune is pretty awesome and has a TON of scales that the uScale won't have. it does however, lack a certain hands-on playability the uScale has.

Trade-offs!

Thanks!! That's what I was thinking. I'll probably move my uScale to a mobile rig since playability/small rack space are important vs. bigger studio use and the uTune integration with such.
kindredlost
tubbutec wrote:

Looking good exclamation and I'm looking forward to adding these.

I am assuming we can put them on the left side of the main uTune module. I think it will prove to be more useful to not block access to the knob and button by the cables on the expansion modules.
tubbutec
kindredlost wrote:

I am assuming we can put them on the left side of the main uTune module. I think it will prove to be more useful to not block access to the knob and button by the cables on the expansion modules.

Yes you can place the Expanders freely, this is just an example
monads
Do the Expanders require power?? Or are they daisy chained to each other and the only power header required is the uTune?? Want to confirm as I plan my rack around!
tonymasiello
This is a great question. If each expander requires it's own power, this will become a limitation factor for just about any case...

monads wrote:
Do the Expanders require power?? Or are they daisy chained to each other and the only power header required is the uTune?? Want to confirm as I plan my rack around!
Knights Who Say Neve
tonymasiello wrote:
This is a great question. If each expander requires it's own power, this will become a limitation factor for just about any case...

monads wrote:

Or just get a multi-tap power cable, like the ones that come with the tiptop HEK.
tubbutec
monads wrote:

The expanders are powered directly form the µTune, no additional power needed.
zed888
What about the mixer? Is it a stand-alone module?
tubbutec
zed888 wrote:
What about the mixer? Is it a stand-alone module?

Yes, that is correct
monads
tubbutec wrote:
monads wrote:

The expanders are powered directly form the µTune, no additional power needed.

Awesome!!! Thanks for the confirmation!!
monads
When are the Expanders expected to be available? Curious since I'm allotting some space for.....
tubbutec
monads wrote:
When are the Expanders expected to be available? Curious since I'm allotting some space for.....

We are doing our best to meet our goal of finishing the expanders this spring.
monads
Awesome! Thanks for the update!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 12 of 13