MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

µTune - Micro Tonal midi cv converter, quantizer, editor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Author µTune - Micro Tonal midi cv converter, quantizer, editor
microtonal
tubbutec wrote:
Hi,

again an update:

Still some way to go to go, but hoping the Eurorack version will be available in April, the 5HE version a bit later.

By 5HE are you talking 5U MOTM or MU format?
aaooaa
Watching this thread because I'll definitely be picking one up once it's done. I've been waiting for something like this for years.
Bojmir Raj Raj
I was just about to start a thread requesting basically exactly what you describe!

Now that I'm fully recovered from a massive stroke, complete with near-death out-of-body experiences and all that shamanistic stuff, it dawns on me that it's high time I join the ranks of financial ruin and lonesome onanism with a modular system, and what's been holding me back, since I don't work in 12tet, is just such a microtonal tuning system!

I assume it'll be available in different formats- Eurorack for me as I already have a handful of Doepfer modules for noise shows, and euro seems to be the format of choice for clones of the old Soviet stuff I love so much!
Gary Dad
applause
I am so buying this.
methodius
exactly what i've been looking for.... thumbs up
freq_divider
Great work! Like many others on this thread, i've been waiting for this one for a long time. Count me in!
Bojmir Raj Raj
Servus Tubbutec!

Say, I hope it's okay to do a feature request here- could you do a cv output for velocity, if you haven't already done that? Something I discovered, having done microtonal music for years, is that the more "feely" and "organic" the instruments you use, the better your chances that people will hear the music as deliberate and interesting, rather than just wonky or weird, and dynamics are a huge part of that.
teknobryan
looks awesome. I'll be looking for it when it's released
thresholdpeople
Fantastic! Watching with interest.

Any chance this'll be available as PCBs or a kit and not a complete module? I'd like to build it into something I'm working on.
methodius
Feature request:

Dunno what you call it ... but in Nord Modular G2 I have this function on quantizer to evenly distribute the chances of hitting a certain note ... So for example if I chose C F F# G notes only per octave - all notes would have equal chance of hitting them ... If there is no 'equal distribution of chance'/octave hitting F# with CV would be much harder than C F or G because F# is so close to F and G.

Hopefully you understand what I mean.

I always found that feature very useful, to equally distribute the chances of hitting the notes I want...Would be even more useful I imagine in a microtonal quantizer.
Mood Organ
methodius wrote:
Feature request:

Dunno what you call it ... but in Nord Modular G2 I have this function on quantizer to evenly distribute the chances of hitting a certain note

Yes, absolutely this. I rarely hear anyone talk about it, but it's hugely helpful if you're doing generative / stochastic music. You really want to treat the notes as a set of equals, not as voltage regions of differing size.
tom.bzode
Mood Organ wrote:
methodius wrote:
Feature request:

Dunno what you call it ... but in Nord Modular G2 I have this function on quantizer to evenly distribute the chances of hitting a certain note

Yes, absolutely this. I rarely hear anyone talk about it, but it's hugely helpful if you're doing generative / stochastic music. You really want to treat the notes as a set of equals, not as voltage regions of differing size.

Yes yes yes.

Also totally buying this module when it comes out. This is what I've wanted for ages.
zed888
Sold! Directly loading .scl files is perfect for me, so please keep that SD card slot.
High Wolf
Just discovered this one, exactly what I'm looking for! Can't wait!
MoogCloud
applause
Dunej
Definitely, definitely would buy one!
tubbutec
Hi here are a few display screenshots to hopefully make your wait less painful. The actual graphics may change until the release version...

Main Menu:

File browser with scale preview

Scale editor - you can edit cents, fractions and select from a list of common intervals

Input / Output configuration for channel 1:

Midi routing

Manual VCO calibration

Configuration menu

There are many more pages and features....
tubbutec
Bojmir Raj Raj wrote:
Servus Tubbutec!

Say, I hope it's okay to do a feature request here- could you do a cv output for velocity, if you haven't already done that? Something I discovered, having done microtonal music for years, is that the more "feely" and "organic" the instruments you use, the better your chances that people will hear the music as deliberate and interesting, rather than just wonky or weird, and dynamics are a huge part of that.

This is already implemented smile

thresholdpeople wrote:
Any chance this'll be available as PCBs or a kit and not a complete module?

Could be possible to have a assembled PCB without the front panel, but DIY would be pretty difficult. This is mostly fine pitch SMD..

methodius wrote:
this function on quantizer to evenly distribute the chances of hitting a certain note

Such a random function is planned as a feature but currently not implemented.
freq_divider
tubbutec wrote:

Manual VCO calibration

Configuration menu

There are many more pages and features....

Impressive! The calibration options are certainly very useful!
tubbutec
freq_divider wrote:

Currently working on a automatic VCO calibration procedure.

It will also be possible to save and load VCO calibration data.
ear ear
tubbutec wrote:
Could be possible to have a assembled PCB without the front panel...

It would be fantastic if you could do this. hyper
thresholdpeople
tubbutec wrote:
Could be possible to have a assembled PCB without the front panel...

Yep! That would be awesome!
six_minds
tubbutec wrote:
freq_divider wrote:

Currently working on a automatic VCO calibration procedure.

It will also be possible to save and load VCO calibration data.

This automatic VCO calibration sounds pretty great; have been thinking that there are no Quantizers with this feature for a while!

I wish it would be minus the midi/USB input but with 4 channels!

And maybe some ASR type function if there is a wish to be flashy (:

But am definitely on board for this with the first run.
justintonation
This sounds awesome. I will definitely be getting one.

Also since this is also a midi to cv module perhaps it should also be able to switch scales using the midi tuning standard. This would enable it to be controlled by tall kite's alt.tuner program which allows adaptive tuning (single note tuning) see here:
http://www.tallkite.com/alt-tuner.html

Here is more information regarding the midi tuning standard
http://www.microtonal-synthesis.com/MIDItuning.htmlwww.microtonal-synt hesis.com/MIDItuning.html
tubbutec
justintonation wrote:
it should also be able to switch scales using the midi tuning standard.

Hi even though not implemented at the moment, it will be. My other microtonal products Juno-66 and SH-1oh1 both accept midi tuning messages..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 3 of 10