MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TWO59 COMPLEX VCO (by FEEDBACK)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author TWO59 COMPLEX VCO (by FEEDBACK)
CliffordMilk
Well said. Best build manual I've ever seen. Fantastic VCOs these.
fuzzbass
Who is this Strat-1 Feedback person? A couple of years ago we saw very simple utility modules like an attenuverter, and a mixer. Then the 106 Chorus, which was a big leap. Now this! The mighty 259 is a dragon, and Strat-1 has slain it. The apprentice has leveled up to sorcerer in very short time. we're not worthy

How does Strat-1 follow this? Suggestion: Euro-MARF!
dubstephead
Super professional and helpful and nice. Thanks Strat-1! Can't wait for the modules hyper
dubstephead
@strat-1

Loving your Soundcloud as well! awesome tune. listened multiple times!

[s]https://soundcloud.com/loved-by-ghosts/all-those-lovers[/s]
strat-1
dubstephead wrote:
@strat-1

Dammit! You found me smile
dubstephead
strat-1 wrote:
dubstephead wrote:
@strat-1

haha! The secrets out!
but seriously I've listened to all the tunes on there multiple times.
Really Really good! Awesome future-retro industrial punk vibe.

Got anything else in the works? (I know your probably super busy w/ this awesome gear)

Gonna listen to them all again over breakfast right now... hehe... Rockin' Banana!
strat-1
dubstephead wrote:
strat-1 wrote:
dubstephead wrote:
@strat-1

haha! The secrets out!

Got anything else in the works? (I know your probably super busy w/ this awesome gear)

Thanx for the good words.
I have songs for an album but never had time to record them all.
I hope 2017 will have more days than 2016.
Gonna listen to them all again over breakfast right now... hehe... Rockin' Banana!
pulsesynthesizers
Please put me down for
VCO kit 2
Shaper kit 3

Cheers
dubstephead
strat-1 wrote:
dubstephead wrote:
strat-1 wrote:
dubstephead wrote:
@strat-1

haha! The secrets out!

Thanx for the good words.
I have songs for an album but never had time to record them all.
I hope 2017 will have more days than 2016.

Cool! Would definitely buy once its out. (When I have extra cash its just so tempting to just to buy that chorus module! lol)
dubstephead
Also, listened to them all again. lol multiple times. Addicting and awesome music. thumbs up
brandonlogic
Quote:
SHAPER KIT2: 3PCBs + Front Panel 55EUR (out of stock)

will you ever be getting more in stock? if so when?
NiteEagle
brandonlogic wrote:
Quote:
SHAPER KIT2: 3PCBs + Front Panel 55EUR (out of stock)

will you ever be getting more in stock? if so when?

They are available from Modular Addict now.
sduck
Just got a full set of these, from Romania - and wow, they look fantastic! Tons better than the pictures indicate. Thanks!
fuzzbass
sduck wrote:
Just got a full set of these, from Romania - and wow, they look fantastic! Tons better than the pictures indicate. Thanks!

Wait until you hear it! Beware tho: 200ma on a good day. Shaper is a thirsty little thing.
strat-1
UPDATE : All the kits are in stock !

Finally I have all the parts and pcbs for the kits.
It's quite a challenge to gather and test all the parts for this project.
fluffymuff
Shaper kit 2 please! Looks awesome.
NiteEagle
strat-1 wrote:
UPDATE : All the kits are in stock !

Finally I have all the parts and pcbs for the kits.
It's quite a challenge to gathr and test all the parts for this project.

Darn, right after I buy the pcbs and panels from MA.

I've read the build docs and looked here and perhaps I've missed it. Are there detailed instructions on how to get the correct sine response from the FETs?
strat-1
NiteEagle wrote:

Darn, right after I buy the pcbs and panels from MA.

I've read the build docs and looked here and perhaps I've missed it. Are there detailed instructions on how to get the correct sine response from the FETs?

Yes. I explained as best as I could in the manual. The best way is to buy a big lot of fets and try them all.
You can find other replacements for the original 2N4339 fet, you can look at the fet datasheet and compare them with
other datasheets to find a fet with similar specifications.
cygmu
For what it's worth, people building the Buchla circuit look for a FET with IDSS between 0.8 and 1.1mA. Peake has a nice write-up here
http://ebolatone.blogspot.com/2011/03/vintage-parts-in-j3rks-258ish-cl one.html
Quote:

Buchla specified the sine shaper as requiring an idss from between .7 to 1.2, "preferably" .8 to 1.1. I find that .8 and up is just fine for this transistor.

which includes a description of how to test IDSS.

It's interesting that strat-1 has found that varying the resistors can help with this. I haven't seen that in the descriptions of Buchla builds.
coolshirtdotjpg
Wondering if it's possible to get the panel layout. I would interested in scraping the money together for this project if I could make an all-in-one aluminum panel.
strat-1
UPDATE : The FEEDBACK Store is online now :
www.feedbackmodules.com
Daisuk
Where are people buying the parts not in the kit? A friend made a Mouser cart, but all of it amounts to way more than an assembled module will cost, so I'm holding out a bit. hmmm.....

Looks like an amazing VCO, by the way. smile
strat-1
Daisuk wrote:
Where are people buying the parts not in the kit? A friend made a Mouser cart, but all of it amounts to way more than an assembled module will cost, so I'm holding out a bit. hmmm.....

It's very curious, I'm usually buying the parts from Farnell or Mouser, for example THAT340. The prices should not be higher than the module cost, otherwise I will earn nothing smile
Try to buy resistors from local sellers.
One expensive part is the trimmers, try to find SR Passives ones instead of Bourns, they are at half of price.
The chips should be very cheap, they are common op amps (TL072) and standard logic chips. (cd4066, cd4030)
I can't tell you my providers, because I buy big quantities from local stores in Romania. Also I buy big quantities of WIMA caps and Nichicon caps from TME (provided in the BOM list), they have very good prices.
I hope this information is useful also for other builders.
Daisuk
strat-1 wrote:
Daisuk wrote:

It's very curious, I'm usually buying the parts from Farnell or Mouser, for example THAT340. The prices should not be higher than the module cost, otherwise I will earn nothing smile
Try to buy resistors from local sellers.
One expensive part is the trimmers, try to find SR Passives ones instead of Bourns, they are at half of price.
The chips should be very cheap, they are common op amps (TL072) and standard logic chips. (cd4066, cd4030)
I can't tell you my providers, because I buy big quantities from local stores in Romania. Also I buy big quantities of WIMA caps and Nichicon caps from TME (provided in the BOM list), they have very good prices.
I hope this information is useful also for other builders.

Hey! No worries. It was my mistake. I got the link for the mouser cart, added the project to the basket, and the total was just insane. But as it appears, I had a mouser cart from a few days back that was saved in my browser and was added to the TWO cart, so it got three times as expensive!

So my bad! Mr. Green lol
strat-1
I added two new pdfs in the shaper project. One pdf is an operation manual with visual explanation. The other pdf is a reference for the input signal connectors.
So if you want to buy only the shaper you should respect this voltages and waveforms.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 3 of 5