MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Unfiltered Audio Sandman Pro: Available Now
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author Unfiltered Audio Sandman Pro: Available Now
thelizard
Hi everyone,

We are extremely proud to preset Sandman Pro, available now at Plugin Alliance https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/unfiltered_audio_sandman_p ro.html

This is a complete update over our classic Sandman plug-in, and features seven delay modes, a completely patchable modulation system (yes, you can now modulate Sleep and Kill!), a dual filter, a diffusion network, and more. It features over 100 presets, including presets designed by Richard Devine, Simon Stockhausen, Julius Dobos, and Toby Pitman.

This is absolutely my favorite plug-in that we've released, and I couldn't be happier today. I really, really hope that everyone enjoys it. Existing Sandman owners are going to get a great offer e-mailed to them soon.

ignatius
congrats on the release!

it's a great processor and so fun and modular. really digging it!
yghartsyrt
Cool. Can't wait to give it a spin. Sandman is incredible. Just hecked through the description ... is the noise option for the sample rate still available (haven't seen a dedicated button on the GUI)?
thelizard
yghartsyrt wrote:
Cool. Can't wait to give it a spin. Sandman is incredible. Just hecked through the description ... is the noise option for the sample rate still available (haven't seen a dedicated button on the GUI)?

Yep! In fact, it's improved. "Modern Instant" mode has a variable Dirt control. At around 75%, it's pretty close to the original Sandman Dirt sound. At higher levels, it introduces errors into floating point accuracy as a form of bitcrushing. The "No Echo" mode features the same knob.
yghartsyrt
sweet. thanks.

I assume the sierra audio unit problem still persists, right?
Just asking because I need to get a new computer soon and I fear that it might already have sierra installed
lamouette/rck
Any discount to get the pro if you already own the sandman ?
lamouette/rck
Auto asnwer, yes, a good one !
lamouette/rck
One thing, i would love is a reset of the lfo on the notes that i input in the synth delayed... (on all the plug using the modulation system)
merchant
Edit: sorted.
thelizard
lamouette/rck wrote:
One thing, i would love is a reset of the lfo on the notes that i input in the synth delayed... (on all the plug using the modulation system)

Same!

We're taking the next three months to not develop new products and just focus on the modulation system.

Planned:
-Resets on each LFO.
-Phase (per-LFO or per-output, not yet decided)
-Envelopes
-MIDI In (Note on/off gates, velocity, etc.)
-Sidechain switch for Envelope Follower
-Step sequencer

We're hoping to release a big batch of free updates in January. We're also adding new distortion and saturation modes to Dent/Indent, and an optional HP filter to Fault to remove aliasing when down-shifting.
lamouette/rck
It is really nice to see how you listen to your customers !

I am using bitwig, and i absolutly love the modulation system.

I would love to see the visual of the lfo on the modulation system :

As the system is on the same way, i would love to see a colab with bitwig love
lamouette/rck
i would also add another request, after just used it 30 minutes in offset mode, which is really nice, something i would love to see is a pot that could invert the master slave, center would be mono. Maybe there is another way to do this ?
ignatius
thelizard wrote:
lamouette/rck wrote:

Same!

We're taking the next three months to not develop new products and just focus on the modulation system.

Planned:
-Resets on each LFO.
-Phase (per-LFO or per-output, not yet decided)
-Envelopes
-MIDI In (Note on/off gates, velocity, etc.)
-Sidechain switch for Envelope Follower
-Step sequencer

We're hoping to release a big batch of free updates in January. We're also adding new distortion and saturation modes to Dent/Indent, and an optional HP filter to Fault to remove aliasing when down-shifting.

you guys are doing it right. modulation system is already so capable. all the bells and whistles you add will just take it over the top.

thanks!
Soy Sos
Hey the lizard!
I bought Sandman when you first announced it here and it's dope
but this update is REALLY GREAT.
I just picked it up today and I can see using it a lot!
Keep up the great work, I have to resist picking your other stuff.
thelizard
yghartsyrt wrote:
sweet. thanks.

Just asking because I need to get a new computer soon and I fear that it might already have sierra installed

I looked into this with Plugin Alliance. Our plug-ins work on Sierra in our *basic* testing (and theirs), but they're not "officially supported" by Plugin Alliance. It's really the Brainworx plug-ins and third-party companies that are using the Brainworx foundation that have hit the snag.
thelizard
Thanks, ignatius and Soy Sos! I appreciate the kind words and support. Soy, you got the $29 upgrade price, right?

One thing worth mentioning is that Plugin Alliance's Unfiltered bundle is priced based off of how many UA plug-ins you already own. We've received a few e-mails asking about loyalty discounts (and at least one email from a customer who bought a full-price plug-in without realizing that the bundle was cheaper), so it's worth mentioning. If you own any UA plugs, be sure to sign into the PA account and check that price before buying, as it's frequently cheaper to buy the bundle than one or two full-price plugs.
yghartsyrt
thelizard wrote:
yghartsyrt wrote:
sweet. thanks.

I looked into this with Plugin Alliance. Our plug-ins work on Sierra in our *basic* testing (and theirs), but they're not "officially supported" by Plugin Alliance. It's really the Brainworx plug-ins and third-party companies that are using the Brainworx foundation that have hit the snag.

Ah. thanks. Good to know.
Moon Indigo
Downloaded this, set up a Plugin Alliance account, activated the demo on the Plugin Alliance website, but can't activate the actual Sandman Pro device on my machine :(

Scratch that. Stupid user error on my part. In now.
thelizard
Moon Indigo wrote:
Downloaded this, set up a Plugin Alliance account, activated the demo on the Plugin Alliance website, but can't activate the actual Sandman Pro device on my machine :(

Does it let you sign into your account through the plug-in? Which stage is it failing at?
Soy Sos
Yaaass, I got the $29 upgrade!
Moon Indigo
thelizard wrote:
Moon Indigo wrote:

Does it let you sign into your account through the plug-in? Which stage is it failing at?

Hi Lizard

Thanks for trying to help. Figured it out now - stupid error on my part smile
Moon Indigo
Holy crap, this is great! Miley Cyrus
thelizard
Hahah thanks! Glad to hear that it worked out.
ben_hex
Wow, looks like another absolutel winner! thumbs up
Moon Indigo
I am really enjoying this delay. I have never come across a delay unit so flexible in terms of modulation. And the GUI is fantastic.

I encourage others to demo this.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7