MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tyme Sefari II - little bit fried? but still working...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Tyme Sefari II - little bit fried? but still working...
knifey
Hi everyone,

I reorganized my 6U case tonight and I accidentally plugged the power cable into one of the "Thunder" connectors (they're all 10-pin!!!). I turned the system on once, heard a small pop somewhere, and immediately turned it off. I re-connected the TSII to the power connector and the unit turned on fine. I'm testing it right now - audio is passing through, sound is coming out of the Wet/dry out. But, it's not sampling, and no output coming through the "Left Outs". The 2nd LED comes on red when I switch the Loop switch on, whereas before it would like orange . Tempo switch, tap button all seem to work fine.

Did I fry something??? sad banana
knifey
so...nobody's ever accidentally plugged the power cable into one of the Thunder connectors? eek!
adamon
Never plugged power into one of the thunder headers personally but I did go through a similar situation: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159690

The input and wet/dry mix controls are more or less analog controls as far as I understand and likely won't indicate problems with the digital guts. If you are indeed seeing the cycle led blink appropriately in tap tempo mode then maybe you do have a "partially functional" sefari but unfortunately you're probably going to need to get in touch with gov about sending it in for a firmware reboot.
Endorfinity
Talk to Scott, module definitely needs inspection and repair (if possible at all).
CountZero
knifey wrote:
so...nobody's ever accidentally plugged the power cable into one of the Thunder connectors? eek!

I did this exact thing a few months back. Had to send it in for repair. They charge a very reasonable fee for "I can't believe I actually did that" power connecting cool
knifey
CountZero wrote:
knifey wrote:

I did this exact thing a few months back. Had to send it in for repair. They charge a very reasonable fee for "I can't believe I actually did that" power connecting cool

Phew! Yeah, I've already taken it out of my rack to send off, either to my genius repair friend near me or back to Scott (still waiting for an email response).

Thanks everyone for their input. Module-frying seems to be one of the many bonding experiences in the modular community. hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1