MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CV.OCD
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author CV.OCD
Torn n Frayed
No, not what we all have, just caught this new device that's cleverly named!

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/10/20/the-cv-ocd-is-a-super-fle xible-midi-to-cv-box/

https://www.tindie.com/products/hotchk155/cvocd-a-super-flexible-midi- to-cv-box/
Robscorch
Oh snap bro that's a hell of a solution and takes up NO hp. applause

Like other utilities that unlock functionality we get gooby and don't pay attention to the forest for the trees. Could be a solution for using any midi keyboard no S-triggering it seems though. Wondering what kinda triggers it sends... more homework will be done this could be handy.

Screaming Hand
autopoiesis
Really like the gates conditioned on velocity thresholds, that's a clever way to facilitate gate modulation from the MIDI source. I'd love to see this on more MIDI-to-CV devices.
platform
I got one of these to use between my Cirklon and Eurorack for additional triggers and it works fantastically. I updated the sysex using the online tool no problem.

It's really small too, taking up a lot less space than the bodge I was using previously.

(the Hotchkiss Arpie and Le Strum are fantastic too)
cbeefheartuk
Just another bump for this.
Brilliant little device and the sysex program is really easy to use to load your own settings. You can set it up in loads of ways for exactly how you want to use it and it is much better than doing it from the box itself like on other midi to cv boxes.. Really impressed for the price.
wordswords
I bought this today and while impressed in general, I'm having a few problems with the MIDI -> CV polyphony.

I have it setup like in the example in the manual for 3 note chords, and it generally works, but sometimes when I press all three notes at pretty much exactly the same time, it doesn't create a trigger from any of the keys and so there is silence!

Has anyone tried to use it in polyphony chord mode? I'm having to slightly arpegiate each triad I play, which is really annoying.
dreamer
I just picked up mine from the post-office, will try this polyphony thing as soon as I can.

Earlier this year I was contemplating on designing/building my own similar device, but considering the build-quality and configuration options I don't think I would've gotten anywhere close to this. Especially at this price!

Great work again by Hotchkiss.

And fully opensource hardware which is fantastic.
Although I don't think the code for the config-page is in his repo, can anyone confirm? I would love to have a stand-alone application for this (ie. with Ctrlr or something)

[edit: here we go: https://github.com/hotchk155/hotchk155.github.io/tree/master/cvocd ]
Silver
Just ordered one. Anyone have any recommendations on most efficient way to get midi from iphone into this?
Right now contemplating iphone camera kit > usb to midi converter > CV.OCD
Futuresound
Silver wrote:
Just ordered one. Anyone have any recommendations on most efficient way to get midi from iphone into this?
Right now contemplating iphone camera kit > usb to midi converter > CV.OCD

I *think* the iConnectivity iMidi1 will work: https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/midi/iconnectmidi1
7C
ordered two as well to go with a squarp pyramid.
this looks so much better than a lot of solutions out there, will report soon, but knowing it works with a cirklon is very pleasing smile
i wonder why this hasnt been raved about everywhere, stunning amount of bang for the buck as well.
etheroar
Just got one of these...it's fantastic! Works beautifully, with tons of functionality for the price. The sysex setup has a little learning curve but once you mess with it a bit it makes sense, and it takes about 2 seconds to load a new sysex onto the device so tweaking is relatively easy. The Cycle mode is awesome - sort of like a simple version of the Intellijel Shifty. Jason better make more of these because lots of folks are gonna realize they can ditch their old midi to cv module for this far more powerful device, and free up some space in their rack...
Vortico
Oh cool, it's like a Dark Time but without the sequencer part. Perfect if you sequence from your DAW instead.
Futuresound
Vortico wrote:
Oh cool, it's like a Dark Time but without the sequencer part. Perfect if you sequence from your DAW instead.

Or if you want to sync to or sequence from a lot of other hardware. It’s proving very very useful in my studio, with not a computer in sight smile
desolationjones
Is the source code for the web page sysex configuration tool available? I would like to safeguard against the possibility of the configuration tool going offline.
Martinorman
I saw it in passing at Brighton Modular Meet and thought it looked cool. So I did a fair bit of digging around and really it's a genius design.
Mine turned up this week, so I can't wait to try it.
chess1
I have the OCD, Orange Squeeze and Banana Split and they all work really well. I am considering getting more. Awesome tip about velocity senstivity and yes have more options and integration with existing hardware would be great. I hope this thread continues to grow!
exzs
Is anyone else on the waitlist? I had just done a lot of research on which modules would be the best fit for my syncing needs when I discovered the CV.OCD, but now it seems like I have to wait. I want to have mine now! very frustrating
therk
You just missed a batch :( Mine turned up last week. Seems to do them fairly regularly tho, so hopefully you wont have to wait too long - just order it as soon as you get the notification. Seemed to sell out in about 2 days!
Torn n Frayed
exzs wrote:
Is anyone else on the waitlist? I had just done a lot of research on which modules would be the best fit for my syncing needs when I discovered the CV.OCD, but now it seems like I have to wait. I want to have mine now! very frustrating

They're in stock @ Meme Antenna..
sduck
Use this thread - https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=181064 -
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1