MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Have Circuit Abbey shut down?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Circuit Abbey  
Author Have Circuit Abbey shut down?
hadj
Asking this question for two reasons and would love be some insight or news from the community because I'm not getting any response from this company.

First, I own several of their products and love them all. Unify, expander, Gozinta, Invy etc.

Secondly, I sent them a Unify module to test for issues. They did and told me nothing wrong. Last thing I heard from them (Tim) was that they were sending the module back. Was happy with that. BUT, that was in mid July!!! I have not yet received my module.

Since July I have emailed them countless times, messaged on FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, here. I've even asked their local distributor in the U.K. To contact them. Even they haven't heard back from them in 6 weeks of trying.

I've been told by someone else on Muffs that they received communication from Tim after August and that he'd been away for a long vacation. Someone else referenced possible illness - I sincerely hope it's not that :(

Of course, I would love my module back, it's not cheap and it's not cool that Tim has not replied to me since July 15th. But I would also like to know if the company has simply gone out of business. Owning many of their products, it would be nice to know what future support will look like. it's also important that anyone else considering to buy their products should be aware of the company's situation.

I'd like to ask, does anyone have any recent experience with CIrcuit Abbey or updates that might help explain what's going on?

Cheers

Hadj
hadj
bumping this up because I still haven't got my module back or heard any news...

Someone must know something?
KNYST
Sad to hear that. Here's a similar story...

In February 2015 I had a very friendly email conversation with Tim. I asked him if I could buy a PCB from him. He agreed and I made the payment.
It never showed up. He hasn't replied since November 2015, despite several attempts to reach him. He admitted a couple of times earlier on that he hadn't sent it but was on his way to.

I have been really patient and polite through it all, but since I received neither reply nor item, I asked for a refund after more than a year of waiting (yeah, stupid, I know). Result: still no reply or refund.
Naturally, my money is not the main issue here...
BugBrand
I posted a note to the SDIY list for you:

Quote:
Is it my place to ask?

I know I have seen Tim R / Circuit Abbey on the list from time to time.
A current MW forum thread asks 'Have Circuit Abbey shut down?' -> **this thread**
I have seen a few other instances on the forum where people have similarly been left hanging when trying to get in contact.

Such things never look good.
hadj
BugBrand wrote:
I posted a note to the SDIY list for you:

Quote:
Is it my place to ask?

I know I have seen Tim R / Circuit Abbey on the list from time to time.
A current MW forum thread asks 'Have Circuit Abbey shut down?' -> **this thread**
I have seen a few other instances on the forum where people have similarly been left hanging when trying to get in contact.

Such things never look good.

Thanks but can I ask, what's the SDIY list? Is there any chance this could help me and the previous poster get our module/money back?

Cheers
hadj
KNYST wrote:
Sad to hear that. Here's a similar story...

In February 2015 I had a very friendly email conversation with Tim. I asked him if I could buy a PCB from him. He agreed and I made the payment.
It never showed up. He hasn't replied since November 2015, despite several attempts to reach him. He admitted a couple of times earlier on that he hadn't sent it but was on his way to.

I have been really patient and polite through it all, but since I received neither reply nor item, I asked for a refund after more than a year of waiting (yeah, stupid, I know). Result: still no reply or refund.
Naturally, my money is not the main issue here...

wow, sorry to hear this mate. Seems like this has been going on for quite a while then! Sounds too, like he was simply delivering bad service, for him to admit he hadn't sent it, promise to do so and then not even honour you with an email reply. I guess with so many manufacturers in the game now, law of averages would suggest there's going to be a bad egg in there somewhere. Seems we found him :(

It's sad that someone doesn't take the responsibility of running a business seriously enough. This is peoples' money we're talking about, and that stuff doesn't grow on trees! If you go into business, and ask people to pay you money you have to deliver a service, even if you personally can't you should find a way through others wether it's friends or employees.

What a shame, his modules are great...

seriously, i just don't get it
hadj
Important note - I want to keep this forum positive, so I view my post as ensuring everyone continues to have a positive experience buying new modules. My most is not slander either, it's based on my actual experience which I can provide tons of evidence for.

So...
One month on, I've even found Tim Ressel actively participating in the SDIY forum recently, messaged him directly and still no word.

Basically, Circuit Abbey have stolen $300 from me....

I feel like I have to warn everyone not to buy any of their modules.

I've given him dozens of opportunities to respond, the guy is a crook.
BugBrand
Yes, it is extremely poor behaviour on his part.
I saw the recent messages of his on SDIY, so re-sent my call-out to him - you probably already saw that that was ignored too...

I strongly believe that people like you are right to call out unacceptable behaviour like this.
hadj
Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for your support, it means a lot smile
sonicwarrior
Damn, no wonder the Gozinta is always out of stock. It seems I have to go for the Erica Pico Inputs then.
hadj
sonicwarrior wrote:
Damn, no wonder the Gozinta is always out of stock. It seems I have to go for the Erica Pico Inputs then.

Another module I would heartily recommend for this is the ALM SBG. Very versatile because you can use it as intended for external fx or for bringing line levels into your modular system. Plus you get the awesome voltage control section for expression inputs on pedals. Good price too wink
createsounds
any resolution on these matters?

i was actually in the market for a input or a s&r.
i was just on there site thinking of making an order.
KNYST
^
Nothing here. Still, that doesn't say you won't be luckier than I, but I'm not going back for more, that's for sure...
createsounds
Im thinking ill go for the addac200PI
Or the monde stopmz
Oblivion
Had you guys seen this thread: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=181564&

Has anyone tried hitting him up since his return/apology? I know he was active in the "Open Source G8" thread for a bit.
KNYST
^
No, I had not, thanks. Good to hear things are looking brighter.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Circuit Abbey  
Page 1 of 1