MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Product: Trinniti 1/4" Plug Lights
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author New Product: Trinniti 1/4" Plug Lights
stingray
Been working on these for a little while, finally done. I don't own an MU but I had some requests for this product. Please feel free to give me any kind of feedback about this product, its pricing and looks, mistakes, technical feedback. I am starting out very small as a manufacturer and could use help! I hope to hell I am not breaking any rules. Seems that every time I post here I do it, I am just trying to help people wiggle better.

Thanks in advance for looking/feedback!

You can take a look here:
(links to ebay removed)

sduck
Sorry, no links to ebay sales here. The rules - https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34546

You can post a link over in the ebay thread in the BST forum once you have 100 posts and then post a link to that here. And sorry, but those links in your sig will need to be removed ASAP.
stingray
sduck wrote:
Sorry, no links to ebay sales here. The rules - https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34546

You can post a link over in the ebay thread in the BST forum once you have 100 posts and then post a link to that here. And sorry, but those links in your sig will need to be removed ASAP.

Ebay is our current product page with the details, very sorry I broke the rules. My mistake. Anyone needing more information, PM me.

Again, very sorry.
Leverkusen
I only could find the Eurorack Version on ebay. I find the pricing of 35,- USD for 5 plugs reasonable but probably don't need them badly enough to import some from the US. If the 3.5 versions fit on a stackable I see them being useful. In 5U there are no stackables and I don't think I would sacrfice an multiple for just this that enough to get five of them. But in case there is a free slot or just for plugging on in as a sort reference how an sPecific LFO is working they may be nice plugs.
sduck
If you search the name on the plug pictured above it'll be the first result. Maybe not in other countries though.
Leverkusen
sduck wrote:
If you search the name on the plug pictured above it'll be the first result. Maybe not in other countries though.

Yes, now it is - I got a PM that germans were blocked before but aren't anymore now. It's peanut butter jelly time!

So the price is 45 USD for 3 plugs in 64.3 mm.
Paradigm X
hey looks good. not really anything im looking for atm tbh, but looks well made and useful.

you may wish to add 'motm' in your ebay title/search query, the other main 1/4inch system type is motm, also 15v. i only ever search motm for example, so others may also, and miss these otherwise.

on a nerdy level however, are these two pin or three pin red/blue leds? ive been looking for two pin r/b leds for ages and cant seem to find?

good luck!
ba1
Half interested, but 3 for $45 seems a little steep to me. I think I'd be more likely to buy 1 to see how much I use it.
PrimateSynthesis
Also, current draw would be an issue. You can't have both a high impedance input and power an LED with a passive device. When I added LED's to my MOTM-800 EG's, I used op-amps.
ranix
I picked up 3, I'll let y'alls know how they are.
ba1
ranix wrote:
I picked up 3, I'll let y'alls know how they are.

That would be great. Thanks!
ranix
I got these today, and they are super nice. And very bright.

edit: I didn't realize you could just unscrew them to take them apart. I thought I'd have to mangle the nice shrink wrap. But nope. Looks like they use a 630Ω resistor and a bipolar LED. Simple but pretty. Here's a photo:

Is it worth $40 for three? I think that's fine. Maybe a little extravagant. Realistically I would never get around to making them myself.
Leverkusen
Koa wrote:
primateSynthesis , Leverkusen

Hey Leverkusen, was wondering if you could address primate's statement.. would enjoy these if they had a way to deal with the high impedance & LED power thru a passive device?

I am afraid I have no idea about that concern... hmmm..... seriously, i just don't get it
Synthbuilder
ranix wrote:
Looks like they use a 630k resistor and a bipolar LED.

630K is a very unusual value. It also seems remarkably high. That would give a current of only 8uA through the LED with a 5V signal, which seems far too low.

I can't tell on the photo, but could it be 634R instead?

Tony
J3RK
Synthbuilder wrote:
ranix wrote:
Looks like they use a 630k resistor and a bipolar LED.

630K is a very unusual value. It also seems remarkably high. That would give a current of only 8uA through the LED with a 5V signal, which seems far too low.

I can't tell on the photo, but could it be 634R instead?

Tony

I'd guess something in that range too. Unless these are SUPER-ULTRA-MEGA-BRIGHT TM LEDs.
ranix
I was super sleepy last night, it's 630 ohms not 630k.

I'm a little worried about how much current it uses. I think a TL07* can handle driving one of these without issue, but plugging multiple jack lights into the same module seems like it wouldn't be a great idea.
stingray
ranix wrote:
I got these today, and they are super nice. And very bright.

edit: I didn't realize you could just unscrew them to take them apart. I thought I'd have to mangle the nice shrink wrap. But nope. Looks like they use a 630k resistor and a bipolar LED. Simple but pretty. Here's a photo:

Is it worth $40 for three? I think that's fine. Maybe a little extravagant. Realistically I would never get around to making them myself.

Oh, sorry, just saw this! Thanks for the review! How are they holding up? I will make sure to send you a new shrink wrap as well.
ranix
Working great, all 3 in use. No extra shrink wrap required, I was able to remove it non-destructively thumbs up
duluthdack
I would probably throw a few of these in multiples I'm currently not using. Especially if they came in multiple colors. Or flashed our blinked.
ranix
they're red and blue, red when the signal is positive and blue when it's negative. There's a bit of intensity variation too, but mostly you know when you are in the waveform by the timing of the pulses. They're very pretty and very bright.
Koa
love my sets. Got some minijack and 1/4
island
I read this today first. woah Cool idea. thumbs up
I have ordered quickly - is christmas time. Mr. Green
Mark11Audio
ranix wrote:
they're red and blue, red when the signal is positive and blue when it's negative. There's a bit of intensity variation too, but mostly you know when you are in the waveform by the timing of the pulses. They're very pretty and very bright.

I received mine on Friday, here's a quick "no sound" video... they are sync'd up to my Moon 524 LFO using a Square Wave for the output... the LED's change their display format when you switch the types of waveforms used... like a ramp, vs. sine wave vs. triangle wave.

Bigger than I first expected, the LED's themselves 10mm !!!

stingray
Mark11Audio wrote:
ranix wrote:

I received mine on Friday, here's a quick "no sound" video... they are sync'd up to my Moon 524 LFO using a Square Wave for the output... the LED's change their display format when you switch the types of waveforms used... like a ramp, vs. sine wave vs. triangle wave.

Bigger than I first expected, the LED's themselves 10mm !!!

Hey thank you so much for this video, it would be really cool of you if you listed it, right now it is private.

How is everyone feeling about the price?
snevlida14
They seem like a nice product. I'm glad us guys with 1/4" jacks are being included with these types of small cool gadgets I feel like the euro guys have abundance of. Price isn't out of control. I'm going to order some up today or tomorrow to go with my new modules I ordered. (I will say, I wish I could get them in chrome instead of gold though)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2