MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Someone going to great lengths to control an S-1000
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author Someone going to great lengths to control an S-1000
metasonix
https://imgur.com/a/2pDFL

This adapter is only for use with the PAIA interface because it's not a "true" Hz/v generator, it approximates Hz/v using octave switching outputs on their MIDI interface. Actually a clever design and I wish they would keep it in production.

He put it on Reddit/r/diy.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY/comments/5a00tf/building_a_clone_of_a_dis continued_paia_midi2cv8/

Hilarious:
"Cool!
but not $2500 cool..."

Dude! At the end of production they were retailing for $3200. And it still didn't justify itself. The S-1000 was a horrible monster to make. Get a Knifonium, it's "only" 12,000 euros.

The S-1000 owner even posted an unboxing video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPV3NoL-CGU
Kujo
haha cool, I enjoyed the unboxing video zombie
weinglas
I would buy a second wretch for $2500 SlayerBadger!
Synthead
Whoa, thanks for the shout out! I feel famous cool

Since the S-1000 voltage tracking is naturally a little off because of the vacuum tubes, I decided to go another route and make my own MIDI to CV converter that automatically autotunes every note!

metasonix
That's great! Please, please make a product out of it. I'll manufacture it for you, or ask someone like Darkplace to make them.

Or at least out put the schems and code so it can be DIYed.
Yes Powder
Synthead wrote:

Holy shit! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Also, I like what you did there playing the Look Around You theme
timoka
oh, great! and this:
metasonix wrote:
That's great! Please, please make a product out of it. I'll manufacture it for you, or ask someone like Darkplace to make them...

i would love to have a small metasonix tuner outside the rack without using a computer!!
weinglas
Synthead wrote:
Whoa, thanks for the shout out! I feel famous cool

Since the S-1000 voltage tracking is naturally a little off because of the vacuum tubes, I decided to go another route and make my own MIDI to CV converter that automatically autotunes every note!

Wow. That's impressive we're not worthy
Smokey
I'd be interested in getting one!
Synthead
Well shit, guys! I didn't expect to see this kind of following!

I just ordered a few 16-bit DACs to play with and am working on a much more precise frequency detection algorithm. I also want to integrate more features, like finding the highest and lowest notes possible, then make them available via MIDI. I also want key transpose per CV out (I plan on eight channels) and CV outputs for MIDI CCs (for filter, pulser, etc).

I won't try to wholly over-engineer it out the gate, but I want to come up with a solid hardware design so it'd be easy to get new features and such via flashing it from a USB connection.

Any thoughts to other features that would be useful? I think it'd be really fun to turn this into a product, especially since you guys like it so much!
hackrobat
You my friend are a gentleman and a scholar.
metasonix
Synthead wrote:
I just ordered a few 16-bit DACs to play with and am working on a much more precise frequency detection algorithm. I also want to integrate more features, like finding the highest and lowest notes possible, then make them available via MIDI. I also want key transpose per CV out (I plan on eight channels) and CV outputs for MIDI CCs (for filter, pulser, etc).

I won't try to wholly over-engineer it out the gate, but I want to come up with a solid hardware design so it'd be easy to get new features and such via flashing it from a USB connection.

Any thoughts to other features that would be useful? I think it'd be really fun to turn this into a product, especially since you guys like it so much!

Thanks again for trying to put something together. I still think you could make a proper product out of it. Or at least a DIY partial kit.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1