MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Quad or Dual E.G. For frac?(AD or AR)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Quad or Dual E.G. For frac?(AD or AR)

KoryB

Hey all,

I might be getting a frac system soon and curious am curious as to E.G.'s available?

Is there anything comparable to a Buchla quad function generator?[/list]

fracmonkey

Cyndustries Four Transients?
http://www.cyndustries.com/modules_four_transients.cfm

Blacet EG1, DAD. The LFO and Window Comparator are also gateable...

werock

Cyndustries are best avoided eek!

fluxmonkey

I did a mashup of a mattson mini-modular Quad AD/ASR and Quad VCA... does not have the VC options of the buchla function gen, but it's solid, and economical...

http://mattsonminimodular.com/wiki/index.php?title=QuAD_/ASR_Envelope_ Generator

http://mattsonminimodular.com/wiki/index.php?title=Quad_Voltage_Contro lled_Amplifier

KoryB

Thanks! I've read questionable things about Cyndustries.

Will check out the Mattson!

Thanks

KoryB

Mattson looks awesome!

Will it work in a frac system?

werock

I built a Mattson VCF into my Frac system, it's pretty easy, they even have a frac type power connector on the board.

fracmonkey

Cyndustries is not accepting orders.

Mattson does have a standard frac power connector. The front panels are not frac however. You would have to do a FP Express panel. The wiring info looks good and the pcb would fit behind a 3" frac panel. Some work involved but might be good for adding frac...

J3RK

KoryB wrote:
Hey all,

I might be getting a frac system soon and curious am curious as to E.G.'s available?

Is there anything comparable to a Buchla quad function generator?[/list]

I have 3U-friendly PCBs for my Angle Generator, which is very similar to the Buchla 281. Linear slopes, End of Envelope Pulse, and I also have a variable input analog OR Mixer that can be added to mix the peaks like on the 281. It works in AD and AR modes. AR is retriggerable, so works well with keyboard input.

I do custom builds including Frac. Feel free to PM me if you're interested.

That aside, I second the above. Blacet and Mattson are great! I've used circuits from both.

fluxmonkey

gate ins are normalled, so 1 gate into the top triggers all 4, unless something else is inserted in one of the intervening gate ins. outs are also normalled to the VCA CV ins, unless something else is plugged into the cv in jack

fracmonkey

Looks like a handy module!

Also now available from Synth Cube are many Ray Willson modules. PCB only which can be quite challenging to build into modules in general but worth considering for the experienced diyer. These tend to look like they need a bigger panel than frac although looking at the dual AR, I can see a possibilty there. You would do a right angle pcb mount.

e-grad

I've built two 281 Dual Function Gen. for Frac and might part with one of them. Let me know if interested.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1