MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

metasonix and guitar and effects
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author metasonix and guitar and effects
noisefield
hi !
for the time i haven't plug often my modular to my effects and have some questions in mind about that.

As i understand it's possible to plug straight guitar signal into the r52 input and r53 input but the r54 is line only. is it right ?
if i can't plug the guitar directly in the r54 how can i do. have i the change my guitar signal to a line signal and if so how can i do (may be diy stuffs...)

after i'd like to send my modular to pedal effects. I have ssen two things :
- run the modular signal to an attenuator ( i have an intellijel) before the effect to lower the signal
-or use a reamp box after the modular and before the pedals.
what is the better options ?

also a thing that i don't really understand well is the ligne/instrument/modular levels. it seems that the metasonix stuffs out are line level (maybe i'm wrong) and like the r54 only accept line level so i'm figure that all modular modules are line levels. Are they ?
i may have my answer about that with this but may be there is somethnig i don't understand...

tks for the help
thermionicjunky
Typical modular signal levels are much higher than line-level. Metasonix signal processors tend to do better with lower amplitude signals. So it's a bit easier to use with line-level and systems like Buchla and Modcan that don't have +-5v VCOs.

You will need a preamp for guitar. There are several modules available, but a simple booster circut (such as the ZVEX Super Hard On) should suffice. That's an easy one to build.
metasonix
noisefield wrote:
As i understand it's possible to plug straight guitar signal into the r52 input and r53 input but the r54 is line only. is it right ?

They ALL need a line signal. No they won't take guitar directly. You need some kind of preamp or fuzz to boost the guitar signal. Something like this.
http://www.doepfer.de/a119.htm

Or perhaps, one of our R57 modules...

Quote:
after i'd like to send my modular to pedal effects. I have ssen two things :
- run the modular signal to an attenuator ( i have an intellijel) before the effect to lower the signal
-or use a reamp box after the modular and before the pedals.
what is the better options ?

Attenuator is good enough.
noisefield
ok thanks i will try that and may be make a super hard on (it seems really simple)

for the level of modular have i to considere it as an instrument level. In fact i would like to know this because on my fireface 400 i can choose between line or instrument level and each time i don't really know which is better for modular. If i plug a guitar i know it's instrument but for modular it's seems more complex.

tks
thermionicjunky
noisefield wrote:
ok thanks i will try that and may be make a super hard on (it seems really simple)

for the level of modular have i to considere it as an instrument level. In fact i would like to know this because on my fireface 400 i can choose between line or instrument level and each time i don't really know which is better for modular. If i plug a guitar i know it's instrument but for modular it's seems more complex.

tks


The instrument setting is for passive pickups. It has far too much gain for modular.
hairychris
noisefield wrote:
ok thanks i will try that and may be make a super hard on (it seems really simple)

for the level of modular have i to considere it as an instrument level. In fact i would like to know this because on my fireface 400 i can choose between line or instrument level and each time i don't really know which is better for modular. If i plug a guitar i know it's instrument but for modular it's seems more complex.

tks


FYI if, like me, you're a bass player as well and have a DI box kicking around you should be able to use that to give a line-level clean signal (having a DI box is a very useful addition to your box of pedals as a guitarist/bassist).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group