MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Working on fixing the 'session logged out' issue - please log out and log back in as there is a new cookie name. It MAY be worse for a while, sorry. We'll see... I'm working on it. Thanks

Tap Tempo?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Tap Tempo?

eth

Curious if you video wigglers use a tap tempo module at all. Right now my modulation sources consist of the VC's cycle switch, a BSO 3LFO, and a Prismatic Ray. When I play live it'd be nice to be able to lock to the beat without having to try to dial in a harmonic of the scan rate with an oscillator.

Past search results point to the 4MS PEG, any other ideas? There's a Ginko Synthese Tap Tempo LFO v2 kit for $99 that has multiple waveforms and apparently can output from 0-5V or +/-5V. Perhaps I could modify it to do my bidding.

My Eurorack is purely video so I wouldn't mind the gradual slip-slide into the audio realm, but I'd need a scaler too...

Peace! nanners

samn

Pingable Envelope Generator works really well.

Polykrom

I think this could be a very easy DIY, if you're into that – there are schematics and code for a simple one in the Synkie archives. I've been meaning to build one, but haven't gotten around to it yet …

eth

samn wrote:
Pingable Envelope Generator works really well.

Cool, glad to hear you've had success with it. I saw it also comes in kit form... that and a scaler would be fun to build!

Polykrom wrote:
I think this could be a very easy DIY, if you're into that – there are schematics and code for a simple one in the Synkie archives. I've been meaning to build one, but haven't gotten around to it yet …

Hm, that does sound interesting, although not sure if I'm committed enough to design/build my own. I tried searching the code/schematics but arrived at a dead site.. got a current link?

Thanks both of you! Rockin' Banana!

makers

Mutable Instruments Peaks has a Tap Tempo LFO mode.

Cat-A-Tonic

I use Tap Tempo on the Edirol V8 mixer.

If I need to use Tap Tempo within the modular,
Flame Tame Machine does the trick
but I never use it for video.

Polykrom

eth wrote:
I tried searching the code/schematics but arrived at a dead site.. got a current link?

Ah, yeah, Synkie is a bit of a difficult terrain to navigate. I think the only sort of up to date source is their github: https://github.com/mirdej/synkie/tree/master/eagle

The tap thing is SK553 – the board is really just a microcontroller, a switch and an output, so it's probably mainly the code that explains things smile

Dirty_Bill

I've used tap tempo on the V4 (a bit) and the PEG (a lot) in the past. for non-repeating 'tap'd' events, i use a modified Pressure Points

Cobramatic

I did the video for an Alessandro Cortini gig in Sydney a couple of years back.
He was understandably a little bit wary of me taking the clock pulse out of his Easel during his live performance so I did most of the syncing via the Tap Tempo on both the PEG (working with the LZX), and the Tap on the Roland V8 mixer.
I also like to use the tap tempo feature of the 4ms Quad Pingable LFO with the Dave Jones MVIP.

Here is the video showing tap tempo syncing in action!

eth

Thanks for the recs yall. Cobramatic, that video is great! Seems like everyone is fond of the PEG. Peaks seems pretty feature rich for the price too. I'm intrigued by the Synkie DIY route but am not sure I have the time to devote to tweaking the design to my liking.

I think I'll be adding the PEG and a Cadet Scaler to my wish list...

eth

Finally got my hands on a PEG today. Played around for a few hours and slowly figuring my way around it. I think this is going to be great for live video synthing! Thanks everyone! w00t

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1