This is why I have to eat macaroni and cheese for a while...

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: ignatius, Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

This is why I have to eat macaroni and cheese for a while...

Post by dkcg » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:46 pm

I got some new toys. I wish the forum motto weren't true...

The new toys in the video are a Cwejman MMF-4, PH-4, and a Doepfer 143-1.
one saw wave from the ASys 95e through the gates into the filters and through the mixer. PH-4 panning, thanks for the tip Harvestman! Once I looked into what it did, I knew I had to have it for panning and filters.

Older toys include the RS-95e, M11 Evil Twin, M10, TheHarvestman Polivoks VCF, and MBase kick.

I tried to make this one actually kind of a cool beat.

felix
Loves the manuals!

Post by felix » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:06 pm

Sweet lord! Awesome sounds. A few more clips and I'll be really lusting after an MX-4.
dress yourself for the public. you now must exit your home and acquire a dental mirror and lubrication!
i recommend a hat, or a helmet. if a helmet, ensure that it is both convincing and unbiased. -citizen mori
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/78959
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/225002
https://jimdrones.bandcamp.com

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:50 pm

Finally! I have something you lust after. :lol: The one I have turns out to be a version one, so the audio is offset, like a VCA when down to 0. I didn't think I would like that at first, but after firing the Model 10 through the audio levels control...i like.
I had to pull some modules today. They need a new home. Soon my children...soon...

And out of a suggestion from the harvestman, I also got the PH-4 to modulate the MX-4S. Holy sweet Jesus! Once I find a home for the Doepfer panner, I'm gonna try spinning audio in quadraphonic sound. Wish there was some way to upload quadraphonic... :sb:

Also got an ASR today, haven't used it yet.

Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

Post by Kwote » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:58 am

dood if i wasn't married i'd be eating pb&j all the time. maybe drink a little water too. gosh. woman and their standards :lol:
Self expression is as essential as breathing
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:26 am

Holy Sweet Baby Jesus! That was two scoops of awesome... damn modules are well over a grand (€) for the pair though! Ouch... especially since I got the official "Moratorium on Misc. Expenditures" speech...

Kwote

Post by Kwote » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:34 am

you know it's all bullshit anyways though. if we were making a ton of money from whatever the wifey's wouldn't even give a crap what we spend. as long as it wasn't on crack or whore's. or crackwhore's. :)
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:00 am

I'm glad I'm single, and fortunately, lately I'm doing ok financially, and since I rent, I have money to not save and put into some plastic boards, sheets of metal, pots n plugs that all end up making robots on drugs sounding things. And also since I'm single, I can stay up til all odd hours of the night making things like this track. I'm feeling a pretty good creative burst of energy lately.
The new modules help too.

3 passes on the modular. 2 with the same patch different env settings. And another for the buzzy drone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:03 am

Kent wrote:Holy Sweet Baby Jesus! That was two scoops of awesome... damn modules are well over a grand (€) for the pair though! Ouch... especially since I got the official "Moratorium on Misc. Expenditures" speech...
If you noticed, i no longer have many moogerfoogers or the evolver in my videos... :)

I hardly used them anymore, and probably would even less now.

I sold the Paia to someone local who seems like he will use it quite a bit. He wants to use some of my sounds online to remix, I wanna hear what he comes up with.

So, same amount of space, different stuff. :bump: out with the old, in with the new.
Last edited by dkcg on Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:09 am

Kwote wrote:dood if i wasn't married i'd be eating pb&j all the time. maybe drink a little water too. gosh. woman and their standards :lol:
My average meal is "cooked" in a microwave, or bought from the comfort of my car on the way home from work, or stuff i gather at 7-11. I eat like crap at home, there's only fairly healthy restaurants around work, so i end up eating a good lunch. I smoke, I drink, I stay up odd hours, nothing's really changed since college for me. I even dress almost the same, just no cutoff army shorts anymore. :)

And now that I might be a "grown-up" with a decent career, instead of buying atari cartridges or comicbooks or bmx parts or even guitar pedals, I buy modules. And now that I'm extremely happy where my setup is at, I may even try to make an ep or something with structure. :)

Goodnight everyone and goodluck.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:40 pm

Kwote wrote:dood if i wasn't married i'd be eating pb&j all the time. maybe drink a little water too. gosh. woman and their standards :lol:
Yes, any level of loneliness :sad: is EASILY washed away by a suitable equipment purchace! :lock: Unfortunately . . . the loneliness always returns :waah: . . .but fortunately, there is always MORE equipment to buy! :hyper: But . . . often having enough money to fill that loneliness void in your life can be problematic :cry: and while you can have a lot of love for your equipment :loves: it's really not any good for this kind of action :hug: :lick: :goatse: (unless you have totally lost it :nut: )

. . . I really need to get off of the computer and go do something with what I already have! :hit:

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:08 pm

Another patch of the MMF-1 doing all the filtering, PH-4 and 143 and 2 M10s modulating and gating the M13. M24 Heisenberg is controlling the rate of the PH-4 to add a little variance to the rhythm. one M15 and RS-95e as the oscilltors, no FM. Revolution sequencing and you can hear it a little in there, needs a filter or something, sounds a little cheesy and stands out too much to me.

I was happy with it until I turned on the remix in the revolution when all went to hell (I cut that part out).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:32 pm

Sounds really cool, dkcg! 8)

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:03 pm

Thanks. :)

I think i've come a long way since my first bleeps on a MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Kwote

Post by Kwote » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:08 pm

dkcg wrote:
My average meal is "cooked" in a microwave, or bought from the comfort of my car on the way home from work, or stuff i gather at 7-11. I eat like crap at home, there's only fairly healthy restaurants around work, so i end up eating a good lunch. I smoke, I drink, I stay up odd hours, nothing's really changed since college for me. I even dress almost the same, just no cutoff army shorts anymore. :)

And now that I might be a "grown-up" with a decent career, instead of buying atari cartridges or comicbooks or bmx parts or even guitar pedals, I buy modules. And now that I'm extremely happy where my setup is at, I may even try to make an ep or something with structure. :)

Goodnight everyone and goodluck.
just don't kill yourself with all that crap. there's better and cheaper ways to eat if you put your mind to it.
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

Return to “Your Tunes Here”