MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

Video Files to MIDI data
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Video Files to MIDI data
Trilo
I'm hoping that you video people can answer this.

I'm looking for software that can convert video into MIDI data for use with synthesizers. I'd like to have the MIDI data change in a meaningful way along with the fluctuations of the video. Generative synthesis through use of video files, or something like that.

I intend to use abstract video, softly moving lights/colors/ect...

much appreciated !
Matos
Don't know of an off shelf solution, but you should be able to do this with max/jitter easily. I'm pretty sure max for live has some video to cc or midi patches available.
FetidEye
Yes. go with max (or PD / vvvv / processing )

maybe there are some possibilities with modul8 or resolume / madmapper + Quartz Composer
ersatzplanet
Take the mad scientist physical hack path! Take a bunch of light sensitive elements and attach them to one of your monitors and drive a CV to MIDI CC controller. Video Quadrant to MIDI conversion!.
makers
ersatzplanet wrote:
Take the mad scientist physical hack path! Take a bunch of light sensitive elements and attach them to one of your monitors and drive a CV to MIDI CC controller. Video Quadrant to MIDI conversion!.

It's pretty easy to hook a photocell up to an expression pedal jack on a MIDI controller
Trilo
Thank you for the suggestions! I'm going to have to see what all is available for M4L.

The "mad scientist physical hack path" sounds interesting but way over my head. seriously, i just don't get it nanners
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1