MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new 4ms modules multi tap delay and dual triggered sampler
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author new 4ms modules multi tap delay and dual triggered sampler
ipnoteca
didn't find anything on muff, and didn't see these 2 beauty coming too...

from 4ms instagram

ignatius
so excited by both of these.

the force sensing resistor pad thingy for tapping/playing delay or whatever looks really interactive and fun and performance friendly.

that sampler has some CV control doesn't it!!!
moremagic
ugh the sampler! i might have to lose a pressure points!!

4th prototype is looking good, i wonder when theyll have one they want us to hear? no. 9 no. 9 no. 9 ...
bemerritt
Someithing about the jacks not being straight doesn't look right to me. But I really want to see more of that sampler.
onthelees
I for some reason am immediatly seized with the idea of cross-patching each of the sampler's "End Out"'s to the opposite "Play Trig" to see if I can create an infinite loop...
captjrab
Dead Banana
pinkflag16
Wait, what? I'm just getting used to my DLD. zombie
adolfgottmann
worse for me: i'm just getting used to my rainmaker.
Fiddlestickz
sampler looks amazing..
trickness
They look cool, but I really hope that they release them when the firmware is ready. I got the DLD the week it came out and ended up returning it because of annoying glitches. Both of these look awesome so hopefully there won't be problems.
Leverkusen
trickness wrote:
They look cool, but I really hope that they release them when the firmware is ready. I got the DLD the week it came out and ended up returning it because of annoying glitches. Both of these look awesome so hopefully there won't be problems.

Therefore it worked pretty well a few weeks later! But you are right the ongoing trend to publish beta versions is a little cumbersome.

I don't know if a manufacturer does his work justice by that since you have a lot of customers then being unsatisfied with your product and another lot of people who did not get a unit of the first batch and are frustrated about that while on the other hand hearing/reading that it does not work properly anyway... seriously, i just don't get it

Seems that there is a lot of pressure to bring out new modules.
geremyf
Multi tapping delay! I want demos. Looks like it can do amazing stuff.
spudboyblues
Leverkusen wrote:
trickness wrote:

Therefore it worked pretty well a few weeks later! But you are right the ongoing trend to publish beta versions is a little cumbersome.

I don't know if a manufacturer does his work justice by that since you have a lot of customers then being unsatisfied with your product and another lot of people who did not get a unit of the first batch and are frustrated about that while on the other hand hearing/reading that it does not work properly anyway... seriously, i just don't get it

Seconded. I'd imaging 4MS have learned from that experience, hence the extensive prototyping of both of these modules!
ignatius
spudboyblues wrote:
Leverkusen wrote:
trickness wrote:

Seconded. I'd imaging 4MS have learned from that experience, hence the extensive prototyping of both of these modules!

they prototype extensively. the DLD too how many years? as did the SMR.
Fiddlestickz
am I to understand that by multi tapping delay this module can remember the patterns my finger plays on that sensor..?
ignatius
Fiddlestickz wrote:
am I to understand that by multi tapping delay this module can remember the patterns my finger plays on that sensor..?

something like that... i spoke to Dan about it long ago but i forget what he said about how it's implemented. d'oh!
brandonlogic
is it just the photo, or does the multi tap dealy look like it might be slightly less hp than the dual dealy and the sampler?

looks really interesting. anyone have any ideas or speculations about the vel, bank, pan, qual, and sequense table functions on the top?

he talks about the multi tap in this video about 36 minutes in

mqtthiqs
Hi there! w00t

Fiddlestickz wrote:

Yes, that would be the most basic use of it. Then there is the actual purpose of the thing lol

brandonlogic wrote:
is it just the photo, or does the multi tap dealy look like it might be slightly less hp than the dual dealy and the sampler?

Yup, it's 18HP!
bernwerlin
anyone know when these are slated to come out?
bc3
If I had to guess I would say early next year. 4MS likes to take their time and "get it right" as mentioned in the video above. thumbs up
bernwerlin
Thanks! That delay looks dope! I have an 1U PulpLogic FSR I definitely want to try to turn into a makeshift one of these until it comes out!
Baddcr
/rant

lol re. beta status on digital modules like this... try telling Microsoft they should test their software until there are no bugs before releasing...

More seriously, there is NO SUCH THING as bug free software - EVER!

http://www.thinslices.com/there-is-no-such-thing-as-bug-free-software/

How about some generosity of spirit and respect for these guys who manage to get it so damn close!! They are gods amongst men and have balls of steel for even attempting to release this stuff to you pernickety lot!

/rant ignore if you like, not interested in arguing - just saying!

I should add that it's not that if there are bugs that matters... it's what is done about them when they are found and these guys are on point - there is zero space for criticism in my book!

Back on topic - these look fucking AWESOME!!!!

This is fun! This is fun! This is fun! This is fun! This is fun! This is fun! This is fun!
Demi Jon
mqtthiqs wrote:
Then there is the actual purpose of the thing lol

Can you tell us a bit more about it, or do we wait for the big reveal hyper
Funky40
it would be really nice to get an idea about :
when are these supposed to hit the market ?
what pricerange are we looking at ?

i guess the delay might be in the ballpark of the DLD ?
brianobush
bemerritt wrote:
Someithing about the jacks not being straight doesn't look right to me.

Yeah, but you get that nice pentagon shape in the center!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3