MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blind Monk Modular - Programa
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Blind Monk Modular - Programa
illdream

Here is the newest module from Blind Monk Modular. It's called Programa.

Programa is a highly controllable 8-bit modulation source / envelope generator that can generate complex yet synchronized control voltages. Inputs trigger the rise and fall of the voltage, hold the voltage at it's current position, reset it back to zero, and change the rise and fall speed. Constantly changing envelope or modulation shapes can be created by feeding the inputs with gates, triggers, LFOs, or other signals. There is additional control for exponential shape of the slope as well as an external clock input for further customization and longer rise / fall times.

Complex yet synchronized modulation source

From slow rise and fall times of 25 seconds or more to a fraction of a second.

Saw and ramp LFOs can be created by holding the pause input high

More basic envelopes can be created by re-triggering the the up or down inputs simultaneously with the reset input

Create bending and twisting sequences, infinitely long envelopes, accent notes, clock divided envelopes

8hp format, skiff friendly

blindmonkmodular.com

Hopefully available in December for $169
Dcramer
Cool! What a great idea, and great price w00t
illdream
thanks Dcramer
etheroar
This looks amazing, what a unique idea! I have the Harmonic Multiplier and it is a gnarly sounding module with a ton of depth and character, so I have high hopes for Programa.

This will be really fun with Tempi...
Al
What voltages do the inputs expect? What voltages does it output? What are the power requirements? Looks fun....
Abyssinianloop
I like it. I can easily imagine using this.
illdream
Al wrote:
What voltages do the inputs expect? What voltages does it output? What are the power requirements? Looks fun....

The up, down, pause, reset, and clock inputs need a minimum of 2.5V to trigger their functions. The speed input goes from 0-5V for the full range of speeds, but that is added to the speed knob, so with the speed knob turned all the way up, the input range is -5 to 0V. The output is 0-5V. All the inputs are protected so sending higher or lower voltages to the inputs works fine, such as an LFO.

The power requirements are +12V 12mA, -12V 23mA, +5V 29mA
EATyourGUITAR
Need like 60 seconds max ramp time and it would be perfect for what I like.
illdream
EATyourGUITAR wrote:
Need like 60 seconds max ramp time and it would be perfect for what I like.

If you use some external modules you can get basically any ramp time you want. Feed an external LFO or VCO to the clock input and you can get very long ramp times. Since it is a digital module, you would probably want to add a slew limiter to the output. Not the ideal module for long ramp times, but it can be done.
Summa
are you really sure it's 6HP looks like 8HP to me?? seriously, i just don't get it hmmm.....
Paranormal Patroler
Summa wrote:
are you really sure it's 6HP looks like 8HP to me?? seriously, i just don't get it hmmm.....

Ha! I was just about to post that hihi It says 6HP everywhere but the MG is already at 8HP. Wish it were 6HP indeed as I've been looking for a Chronos to no avail. This would be a good replacement if the size is slim (fits right next to my Stohastic Function Generator)
pieter
Sounds great for some wobbly dubstep (and tons of other stuff).
EATyourGUITAR
I was shocked to hear that it is digital with only 12 ma. you can definitely do long ramps no slew if you have 16 bits. alternatively you could do it in one bit if you have the right RC low-pass filter.
kavehwahid
Excellent!
Paranormal Patroler
Will this be available in Europe ?
illdream
Yes, it is 8hp. I will fix all the listings as soon as possible. I'm not sure about availability in Europe right now. The current draw is mostly on the 5volt rail and doesn't uses low power chips so that keeps the power consumption down.
ignatius
nice idea! i like this kind of thing a lot. very cool. so many uses for this.
Futuresound
Yep, looks fantastic.

I love the graphic design as well.

Can you describe how this works in a little more detail:

illdream wrote:

md5-
Looks like a fantastic use for all those BSP triggers!! grin
Paranormal Patroler
So this works fine with triggers as well as gates? If it makes it to Europe I'd most probably buy one.
illdream
Futuresound wrote:
Yep, looks fantastic.

I love the graphic design as well.

Can you describe how this works in a little more detail:

illdream wrote:

The LFO mode or loop mode works by sending a positive voltage to the pause input and then sending a trigger or gate to the up or down input. For example, if you patch a static 5 volts to the pause input, as soon as you send a signal to the up input a continuous ramp wave lfo is generated at the output, as soon as you trigger the down input a continuous saw lfo wave is generated. You can switch between ramp and saw by sending voltages to either up or down. If the pause input drops below about 2.5V the LFO stops. The pause and up or down inputs can be triggered simultaneously as well.

So, as long as the pause input has a positive voltage of more than 2.5 volts and you trigger up or down input an LFO will be generated. The up or down input must be triggered after or at the same time as pause.

Yes, the inputs work fine with triggers, gates, LFOs, other envelopes, etc.
Paranormal Patroler
Ok, so how does the clock input work in conjunction with the other inputs ?
illdream
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Ok, so how does the clock input work in conjunction with the other inputs ?

The clock input overrides the internal clock. The speed knob, exponential knob, and speed input don't do anything with the clock input connected. Rather the output is advanced forward every clock pulse, so the faster the clock speed the faster it goes up or down. The up, down, pause, and reset inputs work the same.

You can use a VCO, LFO, gates, or triggers on the clock input. If you use a VCO or LFO with a frequency or speed input you can create exponential curves or other slope variations. Also, slower up and down times can be achieved with the clock input.
Paranormal Patroler
How many clock pulses does it take to complete the cycle ?

I made space for this in my case. Loved the demo, it sounds great as a sequencer. I'd love to watch more examples while we wait for it to be released.

Please consider making it available for Europe as well. Thanks.
illdream
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
How many clock pulses does it take to complete the cycle ?

I made space for this in my case. Loved the demo, it sounds great as a sequencer. I'd love to watch more examples while we wait for it to be released.

Please consider making it available for Europe as well. Thanks.

256 Clock pulses completes one up or down cycle. I am planning on recording some audio demos soon. I do hope to make it available in Europe and will let you know if or when it happens. Thanks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2