Tubbutec for Kenton modded Juno 60

Support and discussion of Tubbutec products.

Moderators: Kent, tubbutec

nutjob
Learning to Wiggle

Tubbutec for Kenton modded Juno 60

Post by nutjob » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:25 pm

Dear Tobias,
I’m nearly ready to start buying all the things.
First cab off the rank is my juno60 which has the Kenton MIDI mod installed. I expect there’s not much reason to keep the Kenton mod other than for MIDI thru. Presumably this could be implemented easily enough with a buffer and some resistors (IANAEE). I guess it could even be implemented inline/rats nest style with the Kenton MIDI sockets already installed.

My main question is whether you have come across any Kenton modded juno60’s – are there any caveats to consider in Tubbutec installation?

Your products are amazing!
With thanks.

tubbutec
Veteran Wiggler

Post by tubbutec » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:15 am

Hi,

yes, if you want to add a midi through socket, you need to install an additional buffer and two resistors.

Have a look at this drawing, which I stole from [1]:

Here two inverters are used instead of a buffer. The input of the buffer/inverters are connected to the output pin of the optocoupler. In Case of the Juno-66, this is Pin 5 of the CNY-17 on the underside of the board. The part is pretty large (2.54mm pitch), so soldering a wire to it should be relatively simple.

I have not come accross a Kenton install so far, but I am assuming you can remove it and have the Juno back in the original condition. This means installing the Juno-66 is not a problem.
If you are unsure, post some pictures here (Kenton do not publish installation manuals, so it is impossible to tell if modifications were performed during the installation.

[1] http://whitefiles.org/b1_s/1_free_guide ... s/h10d.htm

nutjob
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nutjob » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:41 am

Thanks Tobias!

Return to “Tubbutec”