MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Malekko Heavy Industries Voltage Block
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Author Malekko Heavy Industries Voltage Block
Ras Thavas
From Modular Grid:

Eurorack Module Voltage Block from Malekko Heavy Industry

8 independent 16-stage CV sequencers packed with performance features and presets makes the Voltage Block the ultimate CV control tool.

Create quantized or unquantized sequences for each output, record your modulation changes, tie sequences together, mute on the fly, randomize your outputs and so much more. The Voltage Block can be used stand-alone or pairs well with Varigate 4 and especially Varigate 8+ to share clocking and preset save/recall.
All in 20hp.
Features include:
8 channels + 16 stage per channel of CV modulation
Save and recall presets
Live slider/automation recording
Scale selection per output or unquantized 0-5V
Interpolation option for each step for smooth or stepped modulation
Offset and attenuation for CV input
Clock and CV operation modes
Sequence length can be set from 1 to 16 steps
Clock can be divided by up to 16
Randomize all outputs per step
Easy control over stage length
Rest/Hold gate input
Glide per stage
Forward, Reverse, Pendulum or Random directions per channel
Mutes per channel
Mutes per sequence stage
Tie presets together for “Song Mode”
Can be linked to the Varigate 8+ to share clocking and preset save/recall (up to 100 presets)
Clock in
Busboard CV gate

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/malekko-heavy-industry-voltage-block

I just ordered a Varigate 8+, and was thinking a companion module with more channel of CV would be perfect. Nice mind-reading, Malekko. Any idea when we might see this?
Futuresound
woah
memes_33
yeah this thing plus the varigate 8 would be quite the sequencer combo.
khyber
reminds me a little bit of the stillson hammer! i want demo videos hyper
greenanother
Am interested too, but wondering why only 0-5v CV? Also wondering how many presets you can save without the Varigate 8.
bendedavis
greenanother wrote:
Am interested too, but wondering why only 0-5v CV? Also wondering how many presets you can save without the Varigate 8.

In standalone mode you can store 16 presets using the save/recall buttons and the 16 step buttons
greenanother
bendedavis wrote:
greenanother wrote:

In standalone mode you can store 16 presets using the save/recall buttons and the 16 step buttons

Thanks for the speedy response; 16 presets is perfectly sufficient for me!

Now, tell me if I'm understanding this correctly: Each of the 1-8 sliders (steps) can output CV (0-5v), but there is another level where the sliders represent steps 9-16 (so 16 steps total). Now those 16 steps of CV are per channel? There are 8 channels, so we could say sweep the cutoff on 8 different filter modules at the same time (as a simple example)? Is that correct? And the interpolation removes the "stepping" effect of the 16 steps of each channel? Basically like an 8 channel Mutable Instruments Frames without the inputs?

Or am I totally not understanding this at all?

If it does do what I outlined above, when can I buy one? Even though I think the option to go up to 10v unquantized would have been nice, I still see tremendous value here. Guinness ftw!
bendedavis
greenanother wrote:
bendedavis wrote:
greenanother wrote:

Now, tell me if I'm understanding this correctly: Each of the 1-8 sliders (steps) can output CV (0-5v), but there is another level where the sliders represent steps 9-16 (so 16 steps total). Now those 16 steps of CV are per channel? There are 8 channels, so we could say sweep the cutoff on 8 different filter modules at the same time (as a simple example)? Is that correct? And the interpolation removes the "stepping" effect of the 16 steps of each channel? Basically like an 8 channel Mutable Instruments Frames without the inputs?

If it does do what I outlined above, when can I buy one? Even though I think the option to go up to 10v unquantized would have been nice, I still see tremendous value here. Guinness ftw!

Yes, everything you said is correct except about the sliders. The sliders correspond to the output and not the steps. The buttons/LEDs at the bottom show current step and allow for selecting any of the 16 steps. If the sliders are moved during the sequence running that step will update for the corresponding output. You can also hold a step and adjust the 8 voltages for that step manually.
greenanother
bendedavis wrote:
greenanother wrote:
bendedavis wrote:
greenanother wrote:

Yes, everything you said is correct except about the sliders. The sliders correspond to the output and not the steps. The buttons/LEDs at the bottom show current step and allow for selecting any of the 16 steps. If the sliders are moved during the sequence running that step will update for the corresponding output. You can also hold a step and adjust the 8 voltages for that step manually.

Ahh, so I had it reversed (that makes much more sense). Very excited about this. Any estimate of when we'll see these available?
burnn_out!
MY ASS IS BLEEDING Wow! eyes... Holy shit that looks nice
lorenzovektor
Never maintain cash savings again Never maintain cash savings again Never maintain cash savings again

Nice!
greenanother
Wait, wait...one more important question, and I'm pretty sure this will be a yes, but I still have to ask: When you hold a step button and adjust the sliders for that step, can you hear the change as you adjust the slider (as if you're turning the knob on the module you're affecting)?
bendedavis
greenanother wrote:
Wait, wait...one more important question, and I'm pretty sure this will be a yes, but I still have to ask: When you hold a step button and adjust the sliders for that step, can you hear the change as you adjust the slider (as if you're turning the knob on the module you're affecting)?

yes smile
greenanother
bendedavis wrote:
greenanother wrote:

yes smile

something wonderful
ignatius
you guys are hitting it outta the park with these sequencers.

so awesome. applause Guinness ftw!
x2mirko
That's a very clever design! I usually dislike sliders being assigned to a lot of different things (e.g. varigate, stillson hammer), because i have a bit of trouble not looking at the slider positions as the current setting of the sequence, but this kind of decouples the sliders from the sequence altogether. Neat! The only way this could be even cooler would be led-strips that show you the current value of a step when you press it.

Can you set the length of each sequencer independently and if so, is there also a way to set the length of all sequencers at the same time?
bendedavis
x2mirko wrote:
That's a very clever design! I usually dislike sliders being assigned to a lot of different things (e.g. varigate, stillson hammer), because i have a bit of trouble not looking at the slider positions as the current setting of the sequence, but this kind of decouples the sliders from the sequence altogether. Neat! The only way this could be even cooler would be led-strips that show you the current value of a step when you press it.

Can you set the length of each sequencer independently and if so, is there also a way to set the length of all sequencers at the same time?

All sequencers are connected and there is a global clock divider.
hadj
Great Combo Modules Batman!

Question for Malekko please:

Is there a way to have the gates on the Varigate mirror/reflect the CV from the Voltage Block so that you can build a melodic sequence with rests, ties etc? e.g. if no voltage from Voltage Block, then no gate from Varigate?

Cheers!
Daisuk
Nice! Sounds a lot like the Stillson Hammer 2. Is there any way to program in rests, or can you only do that with an incoming gate? And will it then affect all sequencers or just a selected one?
Paranormal Patroler
Hm, this makes it more of a CV controller with record/loop functionality than it makes it a sequencer per se. Good thinking, lovely concept, I'm waiting to see how it got executed but I like it none the less.
MossGarden
love
mharpum
Excellent work! I guess I need this now I have a varigate 8!

I assume it connects to the varigate 8 over unused power bus connections? So I guess they need to be on the same power strip?
Hek
Me so wanna!

When, when, when?
DonaldCrunk
dude. killing it. im really into the idea of this, can't wait to try the full suite together!
matttech
Lookin sweet!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Page 1 of 19