MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Erica Synths Black Octasource
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Erica Synths Black Octasource
MossGarden
OCTASOURCE

This looks amazing, 12HP???

w00t
bobbcorr
What are this? hmmm.....
mdoudoroff
Looks like a really wild LFO, with some vaguely Just Friends-ishness about it.
Fierball
Can you post a link to your reference? I don't see anything on Erica Synths website. I'm a bit of a fanboy though, so I'd like to know. wink

Thanks
Torn n Frayed
Fierball wrote:
Can you post a link to your reference? I don't see anything on Erica Synths website. I'm a bit of a fanboy though, so I'd like to know. wink

Thanks

https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=lecture/242&sess_id=7s1cn3vcn0haa00lm qtkd91ii0

At 1:03:26, yes aren't we all "fanoys" of Erica Synths! I think this is a potential Batumi killer!
The Illuminaire
It is definitely a potential Batumi killer.

Here's hoping it is either 10 or 12HP -- looks to be 12HP.
calaveras
wierd, the video plays but with audio locked out. Can't unmute it.
Is it geo-locked?
Looks interesting though.
jensu
calaveras wrote:
wierd, the video plays but with audio locked out. Can't unmute it.
Is it geo-locked?
Looks interesting though.

They just recoreded it it without sound.

"8 lfos with wave morphing, phase shifting and sync." -ericasynths on instagram.
bobbcorr
Interesting. As a Batumi owner the magic is not just the LFOs but the extent to which you can self-patch it. That said, more LFOs more better !
MossGarden
Fierball wrote:

Thanks

The word "octasource" in my original post is a link. Appologies as I should have made it a little clearer.
mdoudoroff
The Illuminaire wrote:

I’m not convinced Batumi needs killing.

Moreover, while the Octasource looks pretty cool, it does appear all eight signals it produces are based on the same frequency. I think that positions the Octasource further from Batumi and closer to Just Friends, maybe Kermit and some of the other multi-output LFOs.

I’m quite curious what that PHASE CV jack does.
autopoiesis
Yeah, unless this can also have its multiple channels running at different clock divisions and also has on board a comparably great chaotic waveform to the logistic map LFO on the alt Batumi firmware, I don't see any Batumis hurting. Looks great though.
Eurocat
The Illuminaire wrote:

Here's hoping it is either 10 or 12HP -- looks to be 12HP.

No
colossus
This is on modulargrid now: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/erica-synths-black-octasource

Any more deets? [/url]
lorenzovektor
I need this
duck1887
Torn n Frayed wrote:
I think this is a potential Batumi killer!

I dunno, I think it would fit *very* nicely in among my Batumi, Fourmulator, and Just Friends. In any case I intend to find out! (Hey, I'm a modulator junkie ...) Dead Banana
bgcriswell
I've been waiting for this for awhile. Anyone have any idea when it'll be released?
burnn_out!
This definitely seems more like direct competition with the just friends module, especially if it goes into audio rates
kodek

"The Patch", full demo coming on 16th January! cool
bgcriswell
Sounds great! Can't wait!
lasesentaysiete
kodek wrote:

"The Patch", full demo coming on 16th January! cool

ok, let her rip!
buzzbuzz
woot!

dubnspace
how does this compare to the Abstract Data Octocontroller?
mdoudoroff
Really cool demo!
mclarensmps
I'm in!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3