MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Acidlab Detroit
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Acidlab Detroit
acidbob

[/img]
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/11/13/acidlab-detroit-analog-dr um-machine-inspired-by-the-roland-tr-909/

I am pretty excited, the Drumatix and Miami are such great machines, and now this.
tdel
As much as I'm a bit tired of Roland clones, the Miami was so spot on and the 909 really hasn't had its niche filled properly by anything yet. Can't say I'm not a bit giddy.
drowld
It's not like it will happen anytime soon.
But still looking interesting
mha
Finally! Have been hearing rumours about this for years now. w00t
acidbob
drowld wrote:
It's not like it will happen anytime soon.
But still looking interesting


Why don't you think so?
rowsbywoof
And to think, Roland could have just done a boutique analog 909... Acidlab to the rescue.
Zerius
It's like marketing game just one moth after the release of the new TR-09 acidlab announces the 909 clone
Futuresound
I'd buy one.
blinosynth
Futuresound wrote:
I'd buy one.

Me too ... for 500£
systmcrsh
i want one =)
prae
http://www.factmag.com/2016/11/14/acidlab-detroit-tr-909-replica-drum- machine/
Prints
prae wrote:
http://www.factmag.com/2016/11/14/acidlab-detroit-tr-909-replica-drum- machine/


That literally provided no additional information about the Acidlab Detroit whatsoever, but provided the list price for the Roland TR-09, and mentioned the Arturia DrumBrute.
gentle_attack
Prints wrote:
prae wrote:
http://www.factmag.com/2016/11/14/acidlab-detroit-tr-909-replica-drum- machine/


That literally provided no additional information about the Acidlab Detroit whatsoever, but provided the list price for the Roland TR-09, and mentioned the Arturia DrumBrute.


Factmag'd.

Its surprising some of these sites generate enough traffic/ad revenue to exist. I guess if enough people visit that site, itand it mentions TR-09, their ad generators can get money for TR-09 links to sweetwater/GC/etc
Sir Ruff
it's kind of farcical in a way, Acidlab have found their niche making the products that Roland won't. And even with the two nice looking Yocto clones, as long as that remains a hard to obtain DIY product, there will be a market for Acidlab stuff. The extra Boss HC-2 controls on the clap, and kick pitch control are nice additions.
rhythmdial
this will be a first Acidlab machine for me if I cant get my DIY game into NAVA territory by the time this is released.
Zerius
rhythmdial wrote:
this will be a first Acidlab machine for me if I cant get my DIY game into NAVA territory by the time this is released.


Same for me only depending of the price if it's less than 700€
worker8
With the Drumatix at 660€ and the Miami at 880€, I don't think the Detroit will be 500£ or 700€.
acronym
990€ hihi
M-Circus
I knew he'd finally get around to doing one! applause

Excited about this one.
h4ndcrafted
Probably go for a NAVA over this , but I like it.
acronym
h4ndcrafted wrote:
Probably go for a NAVA over this , but I like it.


why would you do that?
that faulty, buggy, ugly thang !
AdamJay
Like the other Acidlabs, 192 patterns in memory.
Hell yea.
rohelineoun
The m1am1 is ace. It's pretty incredible how much the market has changed since it's introduction eight (?) years ago. At that point it's competition was the genuine article, the Drumstation, the 522... am I forgetting anything, the ER-1? When rumors of this first came out a year or two ago, my guess for a name was the berl1n. Never quite understood the Miami connection and figured if an 808 clone wasn't getting the Detroit name, nothing would.

*edited spelling*
rohelineoun
Also, dual ride cymbals!

nanners nanners nanners nanners
burnn_out!
rohelineoun wrote:
The m1am1 is ace. It's pretty incredible how much the market has changed since it's introduction eight (?) years ago. At that point it's competition was the genuine article, the Drumstation, the 522... am I forgetting anything, the ER-1? When rumors of this first came out a year or two ago, my guess for a name was the berl1n. Never quite understood the Miami connection and figured if an 808 clone wasn't getting the Detroit name, nothing wood.


Jeff mills and Richie Hawtin practically have 909s sewn into their bodies.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group