MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Cyclone Analogic TT-606
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Cyclone Analogic TT-606
SPIKE the Percussionist
and yet another clone...
couldn't find any vids.

pushthatbutton
question:

whats the good deal about this?

for its price i find easy a original.

seriously, i just don't get it
Prints
pushthatbutton wrote:
question:

whats the good deal about this?

for its price i find easy a original.

seriously, i just don't get it

Individual outs
Additional clap and rimshot
Adjustable parameter for each sound
More memory
Roll function
Flam
Newer components
IR
I want to like this, but it just doesn't have what I want.

I don't mind the unusual look, but I would prefer the two trig outs on the toms. I don't care for clap or rim shot on a 606.

And besides that, I certainly don't need another drum machine.

But it does sound good (edit: although my ears did start to hurt during certain parts of the demo) :
Zerius
It's so ugly haha
replicalex
I'm not usually concerned with how kit looks but... Jesus H Christ!
Someone have a word with their designer Dead Banana
oootini
urgh! it looks like a tobacco tin with RGB leds
Chopper
i've been waiting for this for a while now. it looks tacky but sounds good. although the drumbrute is in the same price range... portability vs power, efficiency vs versatility.... tough choice...
roger
i'll never understand why people spent years to replicate a very limited machine(in terms of sound tweaking) - and then just leave it at that. why not add tons of mods to the unit to make it something more than just a clone.
Prints
What is up with all you people? Don't know how to research before passing judgement? Agreed, it's butt-ugly. But I already listed all the things it has that a standard Roland TR-606 doesn't have. Here they are again:

Individual outs
More memory
Roll function
Flam
Newer components

I also forgot to mention that accent, roll, and flam are adjustable per sound. I ordered one because I'd much rather have these features than not.
Prints
And here's a damn video. At least listen to the damn thing first.
acidbob
Sounds really good, spot on !

But those Aira buttons is cry
pushthatbutton
Prints wrote:
What is up with all you people? Don't know how to research before passing judgement? Agreed, it's butt-ugly. But I already listed all the things it has that a standard Roland TR-606 doesn't have. Here they are again:

Individual outs
More memory
Roll function
Flam
Newer components

I also forgot to mention that accent, roll, and flam are adjustable per sound. I ordered one because I'd much rather have these features than not.

i think you are right.. was writing to fast.
somehow it disturbs me that clones of the past is nearly all we get...
i love the 606. would prefer personally a original, even if its more limited, but this can be a good alternative.
in_sherman
wow, i wonder if they caught flak for making the tt303 too authentic-ish?
GovernorSilver
in_sherman wrote:

I love my TT-303, but the filter does not scream like the TB-303's does on "Acid Tracks" and other iconic recordings. So "too authentic" would not be a problem.
AdamJay
Mutate!
Nuance!
nangu
Yeah, the 'pattern mutate' on their 303 was pretty cool. I could see it being very interesting on this thing. Probably useful for getting out of a rut or moving towards doing something cool even if you feel kind of un-inspired.

Although it probably would have gotten a better shot in the market if it had come out a few years ago. They had hinted that it would be out soon after the 303, and the drum machine segment has gotten even more crowded since then..
Annwn
GovernorSilver wrote:
in_sherman wrote:

I love my TT-303, but the filter does not scream like the TB-303's does on "Acid Tracks" and other iconic recordings. So "too authentic" would not be a problem.

I think he means in regard to the appearance. Not pretty but still looks quite nifty in its own way! But yeah, those buttons...
GovernorSilver
Annwn wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:
in_sherman wrote:

I think he means in regard to the appearance. Not pretty but still looks quite nifty in its own way! But yeah, those buttons...

It sure doesn't look like a Roland TR-606.

The TT-303 borrows a heck of a lot more from the original 303 look.
Ranxerox
Prints wrote:
What is up with all you people? Don't know how to research before passing judgement?

A common problem here sometimes! Sounds pretty damn authentic, extra features look good too. I only wish the designers had seen fit to make it resemble the original, the way they did with the bassbot - I'm sure it would sell better.

Lately our cups runneth over with drum machines - TR-09, Drumbrute, now this. And supposedly soon, the Acidlab Detroit.
Donderdag
I'm such a sucker for those 606 hats, if they released a hats-only version for 300 euros less I'd be in! hihi
h4ndcrafted
I like it probably pick one up.
namshub
crikey more stuff to ignore.
I'm with you guys - that is proper ugly..
wish it was something unique - I would embrace it's ugliness
too much TR revivalism.
rohelineoun
Dear god, that better be a Photoshop (and this is coming from some one who has made their peace with the TR-8). Really there is no excuse when they were so comfortable making a carbon copy design-wise with the TT-303. Anyways, this may hurry the prices on the second hand market down to where I'm finally willing to open my wallet so perhaps it's a blessing in the long run because I don't see the original or Acidlab Drumatix being affordable anytime soon.
stainers
As far as replicating aesthetics I imagine it's a different ballgame now that Roland is boutiqueing their classics
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4