MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Befaco VC ADSR
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Befaco VC ADSR
atrostor
This popped up on modulargrid:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/befaco-vc-adsr

And here is the relevant page from Befaco's website:

https://www.befaco.org/en/vc-adsr/

It seems really powerful in low HP with an uncluttered layout. It doesn't appear to be available yet though. Edit: my mistake; seems to be available as a kit.

Here is a video of it in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CMBgJwuGb4

TXBDan
Nice! I'm turning into a Befaco fanboy. Great DIY modules.

Looks like the kit is available from Befaco directly:
https://www.befaco.org/en/tienda/vc-adsr-kit/
Slomen
Thonk sells the KIT also!
Paranormal Patroler
Looks like a great module indeed.
hpsounds
The state gates out are really interesting ! thumbs up
geh2oman
I imagine the gate outs are for looping the envelope if you want to, like turning it into a two-stage looping envelope/LFO if you self-patch into the trigger?
lasesentaysiete
pretty sure the Fonitronik TH CMOS ADSR does this, too.

hpsounds wrote:
hpsounds
Just ordered 2 VC ADSR from Thonk !!! hyper w00t Guinness ftw!

... in fact, I've just ordered much more SDIY stuff from Thonk ... oops Dead Banana hihi

H.
pulpum
hpsounds wrote:

exactly! very nice addition, must have!
pulpum
hpsounds wrote:

exactly! very nice addition, must have!
franman69
Looks very nice. I enjoyed building the Rampage. I may get one of these to replace one of the two Function modules I have. Same HP and some different options... but Function is quite musical for sure.
cupwise
oh wow, looks like everything i've wanted in an ADSR (well, almost. shape controls for the attack and release (if not also the decay) going from log to expo would be great too). the L-1 vcadsr looks great too but is waaaaay bigger and i dont think it has the gate outs.
MindMachine
Visually would go with some Verbos modules very nicely!

They have a lot of cool and (fairly) unique modules. I only have the Dual Att./Scaling Buffers, but this one looks very interesting.
GryphonP3
Stoked on this!! The PERFECT ADSR for euro format as far as I'm concerned. Going to buy 4 pcb sets once they're available. Keep it up Manu SlayerBadger!
DSC
Bought two, probably need two more!
Akitamaru
Wow, I have been waiting for an ADSR like this a long time! I also would be interested in pcb set version
Befacosynth
GryphonP3 wrote:
Stoked on this!! The PERFECT ADSR for euro format as far as I'm concerned. Going to buy 4 pcb sets once they're available. Keep it up Manu SlayerBadger!

Akitamaru wrote:

Wow, I have been waiting for an ADSR like this a long time! I also would be interested in pcb set version

First batch went away pretty fast in kits and assembled units.
New batch in the way and pcb sets will be available!

Thanks for the nice words, guys & girls. It's REALLY appreciated love
autopoiesis
geh2oman wrote:
I imagine the gate outs are for looping the envelope if you want to, like turning it into a two-stage looping envelope/LFO if you self-patch into the trigger?

Not sure that that would work without an EOC gate. You'd have to self-patch with a post-decay gate, but those will only go high if there's a signal still present at the input during the sustain stage. Hopefully it's possible though.

Also, I haven't seen the speed ranges mentioned anywhere. Can we get a rough estimate of the min and max speed at either of the linear and exponential extremes of the response curve, both with and without additional CV pushing the sliders further?
Befacosynth
Autopoiesis, you are right...

It is not possible to loop this envelope just with itself.
The State gates are not design for that. They are designed to trigger events during the different states.
With them you can for instance, have an FM just during attack, chain envelopes and more crazy things.
To add and EOC out is easy but will make the module bigger (there is not any more space on panel)

Times on linear mode: ("RC Shape" mode is a sightly longer)

A Min 3mS (down to 200µS with negative CV)
A Max 10S
D Min 2,8mS (down to 400µS with negative CV)
D Max 10S
R Min 2,8mS with Sustain at maximum
R Max 10S

DIYers can reduce this times easy just changing the timing capacitor
21hertz
I ordered a DIY kit yesterday.. smile

Let's say I wanted to add even more time to the stages, would that be possible with only adding other capacitors?
ishkabbible
I acquired 2 sets of the old version PCBs (they say Dic-2013 on them) in a pile of assorted PCBs. What are the correct sliders and jacks for this version?
Thanks.
hawkfuzz
What's the build level?
Jumbuktu
cupwise wrote:
oh wow, looks like everything i've wanted in an ADSR (well, almost. shape controls for the attack and release (if not also the decay) going from log to expo would be great too). the L-1 vcadsr looks great too but is waaaaay bigger and i dont think it has the gate outs.

It has the shape pot?
Whelm
Dang, I want to build every Befaco module I see...
farmergedden
As a cautionary tale to anyone building these - if your ADSR turns on, but only the attack LED lights up and nothing else works, you might, like me, have done something a little daft. Here's before:

And after (after, that is, liberal use of braid, pliers, muttered profanity, sweat etc etc)

(I know, I know, I still need to clean this board)

After flipping the second PCB the right way round the good news is the whole thing works a charm (and has been a great deal of fun to use) - I was convinced I'd at least have blown up one of the ICs but seems in good working condition. Congrats befacosynth for making something which is, in this very specific way, idiotproof.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2