MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Which wavetable Synth ? best sounding ? best UI/access ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Which wavetable Synth ? best sounding ? best UI/access ?
Funky40
1. which are the bestsounding wavetablesynths in software ?
2. and which one is the best compromise between "best sounding" and "easy and inpsirational access" ?
(i like to avoid the need to lose to much energy to learn it )

I will have M4L in a few hours and will get me much likely komplete11. omnisphere2 was planned but is nolonger a save bet that i will get it......

i dive back to use computers.
sold my Kronos ..............
.....and want in fact to build me a software Synth/sound library to play with in a similar way as i would do with a Kronos or Montage,
kind of my workstation in the box SlayerBadger!
melodydad
Well, I just bought Waldorf Nave - I got the iPad version but it is also available as a plugin, albeit ten times the price.

I think the iOS version sounds wonderful so far, and fairly straightforward to get around. thumbs up
rod_zero
My favorite one sound wise is Waldorf Largo, it sounds very "waldorf": cold but with character. nave sounds good too but I found the user interface quite annoying on the computer.

From the rest Serum is very nice and can load custom wavetables.

Massive also has wavetables but IMHO it sounds more vanilla.
lohacker
Xfer Serum is worth to look at, nice gui and can load your own waveforms w00t
martinjuenke
Still Massive ...
Gribs
I own licenses for:

Serum
Waldorf Largo
Waldorf PPG Wave 3.v
Wolfgang Palm Wavegenerator
UVI Falcon
Massive
Dune 2
Synthmaster
(probably others that I can't remember)

Ones that I find I like to use (in order) the most
Falcon
Largo
Serum

Honestly... having such a stupid number of software synths doesn't help. I could probably just make due with Falcon.
Infinity Curve
+1 for Largo
Funky40
Falcon,
i have kind of a deja vu, i stumbled over that one the other day here at Muffs.
watched the Review Vid until the guy sayed: you can do a whole song with one instance.........
my thought: oh wow, too much for me ! lol wink
ok, but the interesting part in that overview vid happened afterwards: all the drag and drop, samopling etc..........
is it just me or is Falcon sounding that good as i think it does ?
there seems to be just something right with all the sounds in the demos......or do these guys just have a finer taste than other manufacturers ?

One thing: when i tryed out Serum, which looks kind of simple, ....it was allready too much for me to grasp the interesting parts of it.
Thats a concern for me in regards to Falcon..........

Largo sounds indeed good too !
hmmm..... much food for thought ! ........and to check some more vids.
Largo looks simple and streamlined............
hmm, Falcon and Largo might have to be it........my guess is that they will complement each other very well.

thanks ! thumbs up
Funky40
UVI has 30% off right now !

i couldn´t read it until when, i *think* it sayed until 29th,
just: november or december ? ( my impression was: December )

edit:
and there it goes my money from my (cheaply) sold Kronos cry ( got me Falcon + the spectre soundpack )
secretkillerofnames
I think Falcon is a good choice to replace your Kronos.
For wavetables Serum is probably the most flexible and Nave on iPad is a great instrument.
Falcon just has everything you need.
Jamnuska
Does Diva count?

It sounds amazing.
Funky40
so the horror with software has me back. Falcon that is.
edit: ok, the support guy is on it with me.
a first "problem" has been solved. It was me ofcourse but the documentation could have been here much better.
A second one lies in a file problem.........my unpacker can´t unpack the factory sounds.....

secretkillerofnames wrote:
I think Falcon is a good choice to replace your Kronos.

the demos sound REALLY good !
the possiblitys to mix sounds and to setup keygroups etc. should outperform any kronos or such in that regard.
the good thing is: i´m convinced that Falcon should be worth the initial hassle i´m going thru right now............i look at it beeing a own platform, worth to learn, and not just beeing a synth wink
Funky40
The IRCAM granular VCOs in Falcon are AWESOME !
wuhuu

i´ve not dived deep into that synth,
i just take some IRCAM VCOs, drag a sample for each VCO ( my modularstuff from whole beats to single shots......),
play my Keyboard, map a controller from my keyboard ( joystick) to a parameter or several,
AND PLAY

and so far, whatever i do, its instantly musical..........up to awesome. hehe
what a inspiration, and don´t make feel like sitting in front of a Sampler rather than feeling playing Piano still.

Thanks for the Tipp !

wait: i have a BAM behind it, makes a difference lol

love
colossal
I've tried quite a few on the list & had a great time with the demo of Largo, not sure why but its definitely got some potential.
mt3
Serum!
Gribs
Funky40 wrote:
Falcon,
i have kind of a deja vu, i stumbled over that one the other day here at Muffs.
watched the Review Vid until the guy sayed: you can do a whole song with one instance.........
my thought: oh wow, too much for me ! lol wink
ok, but the interesting part in that overview vid happened afterwards: all the drag and drop, samopling etc..........
is it just me or is Falcon sounding that good as i think it does ?
there seems to be just something right with all the sounds in the demos......or do these guys just have a finer taste than other manufacturers ?

I see you bought Falcon!

In my opinion, the synth instruments by UVI are excellent. That includes their sample-based instruments. You can load any of the UVI workstation products into Falcon and I have ended up buying a lot of their products. I am not exactly sure of the reason, but all of their sample-based stuff sounds very crisp and clear to me. I think the company just has some very skilled samplists using top-notch recording equipment.

Also, you can script Falcon if you have the desire to do that and/or you can use scripts that people over at KVR are sharing.
Funky40
yeah, i´ve got me with the 100$ voucher the attack EP88 piano,
seems that they have a good hand how things have to sound. I totally agree....as far i can tell from that short time.
do you have waverunner ? I´m interested in this one too.

Largo is on my list also. The YT Demos had something to it.
but first to grab the Eventide FX package. afterwards i´m broke......no modules under the christmas tree Dead Banana
teknobryan
Serum is getting to be very popular with third party preset packs. UI is well thought out and it sounds great. You can literally drag a sample into it and it will extract a wavetable from your sample.
Speculum Speculorum
Serum gets my vote. It takes a bit to realize how powerful it is, but I could easily make an entire album using only it and would not feel like I was missing out.
Marrak
Serum is by far my favourite from what I've used, really love the effects section. I've not tried Falcon yet, but that thing seems incredible!
rowsbywoof
I completely missed the boat on Serum. Checking it out now thanks to this thread and really digging it. If I hadn't already picked up so much this holiday season, I'd snag it now... but I'll put it on my wish list for a future date instead.

Looks like he doesn't do sales, either, so maybe after the holidays when my bank account stops crying, I'll snag it.
phase ghost
lohacker wrote:
Xfer Serum is worth to look at, nice gui and can load your own waveforms w00t

This is my vote. Serum is fucking gold!
Swann
+1 for Synthmaster, ease of use, good features, the developers update frequently.
gonner
Jamnuska wrote:
Does Diva count?

It sounds amazing.

Was going to ask the same. U-HE for life!
Moon Indigo
gonner wrote:
Jamnuska wrote:
Does Diva count?

It sounds amazing.

Was going to ask the same. U-HE for life!

Doesn't count. Sorry chaps. It's peanut butter jelly time!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2